Sponsored

2017 Mustang GT Stock, Trying to throw on PP1 wheels on front and is causing rub issues.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
...What I am getting confused by is most hub centric wheel spacers have studs that already come on them right? So for example, if I were to want 25mm wheel spacers to run in the front, do they all still need extended studs? I'm sorry for complicating things....
Are you talking about spacers that fit your existing studs, and also have new ones?
Hub-centric spacers I don't like.jpg

Then you're using 2 sets of lug nuts per wheel? I think those are okay for show cars...
We certainly don't like that for the track, or any other hard use. The more things you connect with nuts and bolts, the more you're asking for trouble.

If a 5mm spacer works, stick with that.

IF you really needed a 25mm spacer, the common advice is to avoid the show car parts, get the spacers that just have the holes in them, and get the longer studs.
Hub-centric spacers from MMR, 30mm.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
rparks550

rparks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The first one is what I'm talking about. Have any of you guys used this before? Also if so, If i were to use the first ones temporarily, would i still need longer studs? Eventually i want to invest in the second pair that you sent for performance reasons. But at the moment, i just need something that'll work with me driving daily.

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
The first one is what I'm talking about. Have any of you guys used this before? Also if so, If i were to use the first ones temporarily, would i still need longer studs? Eventually i want to invest in the second pair that you sent for performance reasons. But at the moment, i just need something that'll work with me driving daily.
The ones with the bolts in them are the ones to avoid. I haven't shopped them, but I also don't think they offer them as narrow as 5mm. Look at the ones in the link I provided or in the second photo from Bloo.

OP
OP
rparks550

rparks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No, they're specifically made to go with your stock studs.
They're the "quick and dirty" fix.

I really appreciate you guys and telling me what's crap and and what's the way to go! I will probably return the crap i ordered then and look around more carefully and be patient. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
rparks550

rparks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I see what everyone means exactly how the slip bolt on spacers could cause a lot of problems in the future if I drive it way to hard. The extended studs with forged slip on spacers seems the way to go!

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
For what it's worth, I use this style on all 4 of my wheels. I didn't need different studs. I've been running them for 2+ years now. I switch between a summer and winter set of wheels and tires twice a year so i get to see and inspect the spacers. No issues. I daily drive it.
Hub-centric spacers I don't like.jpg

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
...As for 305 tires on 10” rim, if you just want the look it’s ok, but for max handling you want either 11” rim for 305 or 285 on 10”
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Also,
Now that I'm looking at my spreadsheet of rimz & sh!t, I see that
stock PP1 front wheels are 19x9 with an offset of ET45
and standard Mach 1 front wheels are 19x9.5 ET40. That's a difference of 5mm, but...
Stock PP1 rear wheels are 19x9.5 ET52.5, and 52.5-40 is more than 5mm.

I was hoping for the 5mm spacers to solve everything, but at the moment I don't see how. 🤔

What am I missing?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I really appreciate you guys and telling me what's crap and and what's the way to go! I will probably return the crap i ordered then and look around more carefully and be patient. :thumbsup:

There is a load of motorsports shops in the area, should be easy to be local info, just saying

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Also,
Now that I'm looking at my spreadsheet of rimz & sh!t, I see that
stock PP1 front wheels are 19x9 with an offset of ET45
and standard Mach 1 front wheels are 19x9.5 ET40. That's a difference of 5mm, but...
Stock PP1 rear wheels are 19x9.5 ET52.5, and 52.5-40 is more than 5mm.

I was hoping for the 5mm spacers to solve everything, but at the moment I don't see how. 🤔

What am I missing?
Simple, factory wheels have more clearance than needed between the back of the whee/ tire and the strut
5mm spacer do reduce this clearance but are enough for the tire/wheel combination to clear the struts

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Something is wrong here, factory rear pp1 wheels only need a 5mm spacer to fit in front. And with only 5mm, no need to change studs
This is untrue, you need 1 inch to fit . I tried with a 5mm spacer and it didnt work. Get the spacers with studs, use the nuts they provide to tighten the spacers to the original lugs, then use your original lug nuts to tighten the wheels to the spacer studs.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
This is untrue, you need 1 inch to fit . I tried with a 5mm spacer and it didnt work. Get the spacers with studs, use the nuts they provide to tighten the spacers to the original lugs, then use your original lug nuts to tighten the wheels to the spacer studs.
Are you saying that I’m a liar and that i never fitted rear pp1 wheels on the front with 5mm spacers and that it worked fine … seriously!!!
Do some research please before making such comment
If you tried and it didn’t work it’s either because your wheels were not the factory pp1 rear wheels or you didn’t have a 275 tires on it
I

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Are you saying that I’m a liar and that i never fitted rear pp1 wheels on the front with 5mm spacers and that it worked fine … seriously!!!
Do some research please before making such comment
If you tried and it didn’t work it’s either because your wheels were not the factory pp1 rear wheels or you didn’t have a 275 tires on it
I
I fitted my OEM pp1 rear wheels on the front of my car with 5mm spacer and it was not fine. I made a video about it years ago. For 2018 it doesnt work idk about 2015-2017. I am 100% positive it doesnt work with 2018+.

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I run the rear PP1 rear wheels square with 275/40/r19 all around
I tried a 5mm spacer first and it still rubbed. I have 20mm on now it's perfect. I didn't want 25mm afraid to have the front tires be poking further out than the rears

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I fitted my OEM pp1 rear wheels on the front of my car with 5mm spacer and it was not fine. I made a video about it years ago. For 2018 it doesnt work idk about 2015-2017. I am 100% positive it doesnt work with 2018+.
Which year is the OP car?… 2017
Which year is my car.. ?
Therefore it will fit for sure on a 17
So 15/17 yes, 18 up I don’t know
An easy way to know how much spacer you need is to buy a cheap HF micrometer and use it to measure washers that you put on each studs. Bolt he wheel back on and spin it
Sponsored

Last edited: