Sponsored

2017 Mustang GT Stock, Trying to throw on PP1 wheels on front and is causing rub issues.

OP
OP
rparks550

rparks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
and yes 305 on 9.5 wheel is too big.
I must have mistyped in the comments of one my replies. I DO NOT have 305's on 9.5. I have 305's on my 19x10. The front wheels are sized at 19x9.5 sitting on 275/40/19 not 305's
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Yea you have OEM rears on the front and either aftermarket or widened wheels on your rear. 1 inch spacers should fix it with stock suspension and it will look good.

no rest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt Premium pp mag ride a10
From the PP1 wheels, 19x9.5 is a rear wheel, so the factory offset is all wrong for the front.
...So yeah, if a spacer is going to fix it, it'll be a big spacer that requires some long-ass studs.

How are you getting a 305-width tire on the rear?

I don't suppose you got a set of 4 rear wheels?
as shadesofbloo said your gonna need new longer wheel studs

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Something is wrong here, factory rear pp1 wheels only need a 5mm spacer to fit in front. And with only 5mm, no need to change studs
As for 305 tires on 10ā€ rim, of tou just want look, itā€™s ok but for max handling you want either 11ā€ rim for 305 or 285 on 10ā€

OP
OP
rparks550

rparks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Something is wrong here, factory rear pp1 wheels only need a 5mm spacer to fit in front. And with only 5mm, no need to change studs
As for 305 tires on 10ā€ rim, of tou just want look, itā€™s ok but for max handling you want either 11ā€ rim for 305 or 285 on 10ā€
thanks for replying, this is exactly why I wanted to discuss this situation. Everyone is telling me different things and telling me I need extended studs, I donā€™t need them. Now I donā€™t know if I need new studs exactly

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
thanks for replying, this is exactly why I wanted to discuss this situation. Everyone is telling me different things and telling me I need extended studs, I donā€™t need them. Now I donā€™t know if I need new studs exactly
You donā€™t, before going to after market wheels on my 17 pp1 car, i had 2 rear wheels and tires on my front with 5mm spacers
Gt or Pp1 make no difference for that
And as i said no need for extended studs with only a 5mm spacer

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
52.5mm 19x9.5 on a 275/40/19
As others have said, someone sold you a rear wheel for use on the front. You really want an offset around -40mm to -45mm. -52mm is just not enough offset to clear anything except maybe some really slim coil-overs. I would think a 12mm wheel spacer would do the trick, but maybe go with 15mm just for good measures. I was able to fit a 19x10 wheel with -40mm offset on stock suspension, no spacer. Tires were 275/35/19.

Don't buy the bolt-on spacers. Get the hub-centric ones from either OP Mustang or Apex Race Parts. I have some 12mm ones from OP Mustang: https://www.opmustang.com/store/p36...el_Centric_Slip_On_Wheel_Spacer_-_Pair.html#/
If you have questions, both OP and Apex have excellent customer support and will help.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
As others have said, someone sold you a rear wheel for use on the front. You really want an offset around -40mm to -45mm. -52mm is just not enough offset to clear anything except maybe some really slim coil-overs. I would think a 12mm wheel spacer would do the trick, but maybe go with 15mm just for good measures. I was able to fit a 19x10 wheel with -40mm offset on stock suspension, no spacer. Tires were 275/35/19.

Don't buy the bolt-on spacers. Get the hub-centric ones from either OP Mustang or Apex Race Parts. I have some 12mm ones from OP Mustang: https://www.opmustang.com/store/p36...el_Centric_Slip_On_Wheel_Spacer_-_Pair.html#/
If you have questions, both OP and Apex have excellent customer support and will help.
Read my post, only 5mm spacers are needed

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You donā€™t, before going to after market wheels on my 17 pp1 car, i had 2 rear wheels and tires on my front with 5mm spacers
Gt or Pp1 make no difference for that
And as i said no need for extended studs with only a 5mm spacer
Luc is right, you can use stock studs for 5mm. If you go more than that you will need longer studs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rparks550

rparks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

gotcha, I really appreciate the feedback! I know itā€™s hard to tell without seeing my physical car. I just never had this problem before, my dumbass didnā€™t consider the fact that the fronts were originally rears wheels when I bought them. So you think 12-15 mm would do the trick? Is 25mm way to big?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
gotcha, I really appreciate the feedback! I know itā€™s hard to tell without seeing my physical car. I just never had this problem before, my dumbass didnā€™t consider the fact that the fronts were originally rears wheels when I bought them. So you think 12-15 mm would do the trick? Is 25mm way to big?
You are not lessening, you only need 5mm spacers and anything thicker will require new extended studs
Donā€™t complicate things šŸ˜

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mentioned 12mm not knowing your car or tire dimensions (sidewall dimensions aren't all the same). I've seen a lot of posts from Luc over time and he knows his stuff, so if he's done it...probably good to follow him. When I had the OEM PP wheels I never tried them on the front before selling them.

The only reason to go with 25mm is aesthetics. They would fill up with wheel well more. I like things simpler. I've been running no spacers for....ever....but just got some because the tires I want to migrate to have a wider sidewall and I want to make sure I have clearance since it is very tight right now. But I bought the new OP Mustang hubs pre-loaded with the longer studs to go with the spacers. I also need stronger studs (ARP or OP Mustang are both good) because I'm removing / torqueing them frequently. That's an extra $500, plus installation if you don't want to do it yourself.

Sound like you are just trying to get the wheels to work, not race at the track. I'd keep it simple. "Be like Luc". :like:

OP
OP
rparks550

rparks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Read my post, only 5mm spacers are needed
So 5mm wheel spacers, and anything above that i would need to get extended studs. I understand that. What I am getting confused by is most hub centric wheel spacers have studs that already come on them right? So for example, if I were to want 25mm wheel spacers to run in the front, do they all still need extended studs? I'm sorry for complicating things....