Sponsored

2017 Mustang GT Roush Whine!

Concretebeatz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 Black
17 GT with a Roush Phase 1, 85mm pulley, Borla ATAK with x-pipe and 3.31 gear. Still on the Roush tune. The supercharger had very little whine even with the filter cover off, so I removed the hood liner and was surprised how much I can hear it now, even over my loud exhaust. I've been running it without the liner for a few Months, no problems so far. I'm sure this has been discussed before but just wanted to share that sound video. Has anyone that done this have any hood paint issues? Quick 3rd gear pull vid below.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Concretebeatz

Concretebeatz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 Black

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I don’t hear any whine? Might want to get the Shawn Foster whine kit
You can definitely hear it in the video. Guessing you're using a phone speaker or something lol.

I wonder if removing the hood liner would make my turbos louder... I'm surprised it made a noticeable difference for you.

OP
OP
Concretebeatz

Concretebeatz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 Black
You can definitely hear it in the video. Guessing you're using a phone speaker or something lol.

I wonder if removing the hood liner would make my turbos louder... I'm surprised it made a noticeable difference for you.
Yeah it's a lot better than not having whine at all. I would be careful doing it with the turbo setup. Heat..

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Yeah it's a lot better than not having whine at all. I would be careful doing it with the turbo setup. Heat..
I've got some serious turbo blankets so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue. I think a lot of people have removed their hood liner with turbos (and any other FI).

OP
OP
Concretebeatz

Concretebeatz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 Black
I've got some serious turbo blankets so I don't think it'll be too much of an issue. I think a lot of people have removed their hood liner with turbos (and any other FI).
I think it would sound awesome though.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have a 17 GT with Roush Phase 2 with 80mm pulley and 3.55 gears and I don’t think I ever hear any whine like a Whipple or such. I personally don’t mind not hearing the Supercharger im thrilled my set up hauls ass and hear the Roush Axle Backs roar.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I have a 17 GT with Roush Phase 2 with 80mm pulley and 3.55 gears and I don’t think I ever hear any whine like a Whipple or such. I personally don’t mind not hearing the Supercharger im thrilled my set up hauls ass and hear the Roush Axle Backs roar.
The bigger the pulley the less chance of hearing any wine. Get a 72mm Roush is a great choice. Best of all PD blowers.

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i did the same as you removed the hood liner, i run open box.. and i have the pbd air filter.. i hear the whine a lot more from 3rd gear up. i like the foster mod but no way in hell i spending 130 bucks for heater hose and some grommets

OP
OP
Concretebeatz

Concretebeatz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 Black
i did the same as you removed the hood liner, i run open box.. and i have the pbd air filter.. i hear the whine a lot more from 3rd gear up. i like the foster mod but no way in hell i spending 130 bucks for heater hose and some grommets
My plans are the 79mm pulley, PMAS CAI and other supporting mods. Hopefully she'll whine even more.
Sponsored