Sponsored

2017 Mustang Colors (Updated: Lightning Blue, Platinum White, Grabber Blue PICS)

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
Weird that Ford has two whites for 2017. I thought I wanted magnetic or guard until I saw race red, white and magnetic in person. The red and white really stood out and I'm now having 2nd thoughts about magnetic (although that car was a little dirty). I have yet to see guard, silver or black in person. btw, anybody have real pics of the platinum white or the two different whites side by side?
My final choices were magnetic,Oxford white,and race red too. I live in a very dusty area so I ended up with the white and I love it.:headbang:

Having two whites for 2017 is weird. But then maybe Oxford White may be more popular than I think. So adding another white might be a smart move.
Sponsored

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
You know I didn't think I would say this, but I really like the Lightning Blue over the Grabber Blue.

Reminds me of Sonic Blue on Cobra's. I love that color.
Still will want to see them in person.
I think the Blue Flame F-150s look awesome; seems like Lightning Blue will be a new favorite of mine.
I saw a Lightning Blue '17 Fusion on my dealer's lot the other day...meh. It looks okay in person, but it's really missing some color depth. It was parked right next to a DIB '16 Mustang, and the LB really left a lot to be desired. Still haven't seen it on an S550 (obviously), but I don't have high hopes for it anymore.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I saw a Lightning Blue '17 Fusion on my dealer's lot the other day...meh. It looks okay in person, but it's really missing some color depth. It was parked right next to a DIB '16 Mustang, and the LB really left a lot to be desired. Still haven't seen it on an S550 (obviously), but I don't have high hopes for it anymore.
Yeah, I wanna check one out in person soon.

I agree man. DIB looks amazing(and I hate that word,lol) in sun. Just real deep pearl look too it.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
back about a month ago i mentioned my wife was looking to get the new escape....well we ordered one about 2 weeks ago.... only catch is its ruby red instead of the lightning blue....i was showing her picts and she was ok with it, then our local dealer got one in with the sport package and instantly she said no way. the blue wasnt right for her...she prefers the kona, DIB, sonic blues rather than the LB on the new mustangs. shocker!
so now we have 2 CO mustangs and will have 2 Ruby & Sangria red escapes!
at least we are consistent.

Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Dammit man!!! I love Grabber Blue!
Ditto... my 2nd all-time favorite Mustang color. I ordered my car sight-unseen in 2014 because YYY was available again, but if it had been Grabber Blue available in place of Triple Yellow, it's what I'd be driving. I'm still kind of pissed the only interior color option was black.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
do want orange spice metallic on the mustang! cmon ford
If it looks anything like the Sakir Orange on the BMW it's a pretty cool color. I'd have to see it in person.

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
If it looks anything like the Sakir Orange on the BMW it's a pretty cool color. I'd have to see it in person.
Electric Spice would have been nice too:

2015_ford_edge_sport_electric_spice_metallic_in_bayview_garde_illinois_5360005462215393605.jpg

It's funny, but while Ford has "Orange Spice Metallic", Mini has "Spice Orange Metallic":

88cb9c4a750b7aef7f8f823fbd54eb24.jpg

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
WHERES A REPLACEMENT GREEN?
What, they're reviving Ford Maverick colors, and they didn't have anti-establishment green to go with the Grabber Blue? For shame, Ford :D (p.s. that was an actual green color that the '69 Maverick was offered in!).

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I can't wait to see Lightning blue in person. Every picture makes it look different but so far I've liked every picture I've seen.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I can't wait to see Lightning blue in person. Every picture makes it look different but so far I've liked every picture I've seen.
Enjoy your new Stang!!!
Sponsored