Sponsored

2017 Mustang Colors (Updated: Lightning Blue, Platinum White, Grabber Blue PICS)

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Some colors are just hard to reproduce on a monitor or film (hehe! What's that?). It takes the perfect setting of color temp, the correct light and light angles. I've seen it reproduced correctly, but I've seen it off hue and with no depth more often.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Sad to see Guard going away. My first S550 was Guard (totaled last year). I loved it because the color reminded me of the Bullit car and it was rare to see. I think I like my current Oxford White just a bit more, if only because it shows the lines of the car better, but I still get a twinge of jealousy anytime I see a Guard 'Stang out on the road.

Having said that, everyone says they like my Oxford White a lot better than the Guard.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sad to see Guard going away. My first S550 was Guard (totaled last year). I loved it because the color reminded me of the Bullit car and it was rare to see. I think I like my current Oxford White just a bit more, if only because it shows the lines of the car better, but I still get a twinge of jealousy anytime I see a Guard 'Stang out on the road.

Having said that, everyone says they like my Oxford White a lot better than the Guard.
I love my Guard GT because it's so unique, but the car I originally ordered was Ingot Silver because of how well it shows the lines and how well it hides dirt. I like having a unique one, though, and it's sooooo pretty when freshly washed and waxed. Recent pictures that still don't at all show how much depth the color has...
fresh wash_1.jpg
fresh wash_2.jpg

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I finally got to see Lightning Blue in person today. Our first wave of 2017 Escapes arrived and one is Lightning Blue, but it was dirty from the train ride, so it didn't glisten in the sunshine, so I'll have to wait until it's cleaned up to pass judgment. Certainly no hint of purple to it (like my wife's DIB '14 Fusion) and it was just barely darker than the 2016 blue flame F-150 parked next to it. I've owned 4 blue Mustangs and was hoping for something a little more exciting. Oh well, there's always Grabber Blue.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Cool stuff, Lol does anyone else see that they list GTs at 80 grand in New Zealand. Ouch
Well, that's just over $55k USD, and their prices include taxes (15% GST). (Mustang GT Fastback starting NZ$77,800, or US$53,700) So all said, that's pretty average, considering import costs and whatnot.

Eastpointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp OJ 2015 Ecoboost
Well, that's just over $55k USD, and their prices include taxes (15% GST). (Mustang GT Fastback starting NZ$77,800, or US$53,700) So all said, that's pretty average, considering import costs and whatnot.
Ah i feel dumb, I saw the $ symbol and just assumed american dollar. but ya NZ$

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Weird that Ford has two whites for 2017. I thought I wanted magnetic or guard until I saw race red, white and magnetic in person. The red and white really stood out and I'm now having 2nd thoughts about magnetic (although that car was a little dirty). I have yet to see guard, silver or black in person. btw, anybody have real pics of the platinum white or the two different whites side by side?

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
I finally got to see Lightning Blue in person today. Our first wave of 2017 Escapes arrived and one is Lightning Blue, but it was dirty from the train ride, so it didn't glisten in the sunshine, so I'll have to wait until it's cleaned up to pass judgment. Certainly no hint of purple to it (like my wife's DIB '14 Fusion) and it was just barely darker than the 2016 blue flame F-150 parked next to it. I've owned 4 blue Mustangs and was hoping for something a little more exciting. Oh well, there's always Grabber Blue.
I think the Blue Flame F-150s look awesome; seems like Lightning Blue will be a new favorite of mine.
Sponsored