Sponsored

2017 Mustang Base - Trying to find out what these cables are for located passenger side foot panel.

Bsingh897

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
The reason why I am trying to figure out what these wires are is that I spliced into the wires that are shown below thinking that it leads to the right passenger speaker. When I connected the wires to the amp wire, smoke came out from the circle AV cents located above the center console. I may have toasted the Sync module so I purchased another one from eBay hoping I can just swap it out. I want to exactly know what these wire lead to because it may not be the center console and other potential damage may have happened.

Y0ycnn.jpg

Now the day that it happened we removed everything and all the connections that could power the aftermarket speakers and amp. But for some reason there my battery is always getting drained. I'm not sure what is draining it. Also, the day AFTER I started the car in the morning and smoke came out from the vent AGAIN. This is without any of the amp wires connected to anything. I think it has to do something with these wires. I am still waiting for another sync module to come in the mail but until then I want to be able to connect these wires back to the original wire slot.

453Mb2.jpg

Now I do not have any room but I'm thinking of splicing from the other side and connecting it together. However, the other side of the harness only shows one wire but the other one that I splice has two wires.

2Qdxpg.jpg

I'm trying to understand what these wires are for. Maybe them not being connected are the cause of my battery drain. Or perhaps the sync module is shorting and draining the battery.

The colors of the wires are

Slot 1: Two Wires White wire with Violet line
Slot 2: Two WIres White wire with Orange line

The other side of the harness:
Slot one: One Wire White wire with Violet line
Slot Two: One WIre White wire with Orange Line

I'm thinking just cutting the single wires and solder a piece of wire to it then connect and solder the wire to the two top wires corresponding to the slot
Sponsored