2017 GT350R Mecum Las Vegas

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
No need for that. There’s always a craftsman that appears in this type of thread. Some will always feel the need to justify there purchase or lack there of.

Sorry guys, just thought I’d post the Mecum car as a data point for the current R market. Was hoping it wouldn’t devolve like so many other price threads but I guess it did.
Sponsored

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
No need for that. There’s always a craftsman that appears in this type of thread. Some will always feel the need to justify there purchase or lack there of.
How many miles do you have on the GT500HE?

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
Have to look, but think its about 1300. I just got it back from doing the tsb for the valve covers a d freeze plugs.
The reason I ask is because the car you sold I believe was a Rapid Red GT350R was the best looking car of the 3 and it appeared you drove it a lot more. That car was awesome looking and that is coming from someone that has the same 2 HE models as you. I feel like we intentionally keep the miles low for the HE cars because there is a potential for a higher resale which blocks our ability to enjoy them like we would a car that didn’t have the same potential.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
That car was a non r. I completely agree on the appearance of that car. Was really nice in a pic and even better in person. Prettiest car I’ve ever owned hands down. If space wasn’t an issue I wouldn‘t have sold it. I’ve since fixed that I’ll be after another rapid red in the future, preferably an r. I still have all the parts off that car and would like to build another. I don’t disagree with you on how we treat the HE’s. I’m the same with the only small difference being I’m not as concerned about the resale side but more being able to replace them if something goes sideways. I won’t deny I’m biased towards these cars For sure. I’ve had mustangs since the foxbodys right after high school. That said these are special and I don’t think we’ll see the likes again, which is really unfortunate.

The reason I ask is because the car you sold I believe was a Rapid Red GT350R was the best looking car of the 3 and it appeared you drove it a lot more. That car was awesome looking and that is coming from someone that has the same 2 HE models as you. I feel like we intentionally keep the miles low for the HE cars because there is a potential for a higher resale which blocks our ability to enjoy them like we would a car that didn’t have the same potential.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That car was a non r. I completely agree on the appearance of that car. Was really nice in a pic and even better in person. Prettiest car I’ve ever owned hands down. If space wasn’t an issue I wouldn‘t have sold it. I’ve since fixed that I’ll be after another rapid red in the future, preferably an r. I still have all the parts off that car and would like to build another. I don’t disagree with you on how we treat the HE’s. I’m the same with the only small difference being I’m not as concerned about the resale side but more being able to replace them if something goes sideways. I won’t deny I’m biased towards these cars For sure. I’ve had mustangs since the foxbodys right after high school. That said these are special and I don’t think we’ll see the likes again, which is really unfortunate.
Rapid Red is one of those colors that a picture can never really capture IMO. It’s one of those that you have to see in person to really appreciate how beautiful the color really is. I’ve not seen it on a 350/R but it’s spectacular on the 500’s

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R in Iconic Silver
That’s a good price. I haven’t been following too closely lately but an HE-R under $100k feels rare.
The car was modified. It had a roll bar + racing harness installed along with a tow hook. Most people who are buying Heritage R's with low mileage are buying for long term investments or a quick flip. They want the car to be 100 percent original form. Not a great idea by the seller to put it up for auction being modified.

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
I bought my car to enjoy. Even though the car is stored 7 months out of the year, and only now driven once every two weeks or so--I now have 14k miles on it! (Most of those miles came in the first year or two when I couldn't get enough of it).

I have yet to track it, is in pristine condition, runs amazing, and is a constant head turner.

For me, it wasn't purchased for resale, but to create memories. I look forward to my grandson driving it when he turns 16 soon.

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I bought my car to enjoy. Even though the car is stored 7 months out of the year, and only now driven once every two weeks or so--I now have 14k miles on it! (Most of those miles came in the first year or two when I couldn't get enough of it).

I have yet to track it, is in pristine condition, runs amazing, and is a constant head turner.

For me, it wasn't purchased for resale, but to create memories. I look forward to my grandson driving it when he turns 16 soon.
Amen!

Sponsored

Blong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blong
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I’ll break it down for you in simple ecomics as well. Some have disposable income to the point they have multiple vehicles. In even simpler terms its the haves and have nots. It is what it is. It‘s apparent by your posts your the latter. Generally those that have it don’t talk about it, and those that don’t do. But you be you.
Uhhh, it's comments like this that hold me back from asking questions or commenting on forums.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
If you chose to go after someone by being demeaning then expect same a response. . And if your going to attempt to quote me and call me out atleast be straight up and quote what I was responding to. I get it, in todays world people love to throw shade by only showing one side or taking things out of context intentionally. You know like you just did with my quote.

Uhhh, it's comments like this that hold me back from asking questions or commenting on forums.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Got up to $90k yesterday but didn’t hit the reserve so The Bid Goes On. But it appears R’s are still holding value well

https://www.mecum.com/lots/1103868/2017-ford-shelby-gt350r/
😍😍😍
Same color combo as my viper! Love it.
1700061137439.png

Personally I think the regular GT350s are a better value for the money unless you are specifically trying to track the car then obviously the R's features are more worthwhile.

Beautiful car but it really bothers me when people do not drive fun cars. 😒 Maybe I'm just a young fool but I LOVE using my cars in everyday use. I got pulled over by Boulder Police officer once leaving best buy... guy asked if I knew why he pulled me over and I was shocked and said no I didn't as I literally just left the parking lot... he said because I was driving one of his dream cars and he wanted a closer look. 🤣

Use you cool cars people!! Enjoy them... investments are for real estate or the S&P. Anything with a motor or wheels is a money pit. LOL
Sponsored