OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Did they even swap the tyranny? Or did they replace parts?

What part of Florida you from?.....

The said they replaced the bearings, clutch, flywheel... per the service note, and no they did not replace the entire transmission. Something the AGM said is that they should have since the parts were backorderd more than 10 days and Ford would have authorized it (he said they dropped the ball on this one).

I am in Minneola right near Clermont.
Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
The said they replaced the bearings, clutch, flywheel... per the service note, and no they did not replace the entire transmission. Something the AGM said is that they should have since the parts were backorderd more than 10 days and Ford would have authorized it (he said they dropped the ball on this one).

I am in Minneola right near Clermont.

That's exactly the same thing they replaced on mine. Picked it up Thursday, started driving home and the check engine light started flashing and eventually stayed on permanently. They didn't line my exhaust up correctly and the tail pipes were off center on both sides. The shift knob still needed to be turned almost a complete 360° to be straight. It wouldn't turn anymore and was stuck at a 3 o'clock position. I drove it back to them on Friday morning. I feel your pain, but I'm only about 2 weeks in. Nothing near your headache.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
So yours has absolutely no whine like this? I took it for a test drive with the mechanic and the dude said that's normal... I looked around and any videos I could find of interior sounds and no whining coming from the interior or exterior. I was hoping that the tech was correct in his assumption but now I am suspect of that dealership even more, did they even replace anything? It's been 2 months since I last drove it, I can't tell how it drove previously vs now...

They also supposedly changed the oil per the window sticker, but didn't reset the oil life monitoring system lol... what a major screwup this is turning into

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Never heard any whining noise from my tranny, only clunking/chattering noise. It was not doing any of that when I picked it up. Seems it is fixed, but the check engine light, not sure what that was all about. Maybe I'll have an answer Monday.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Interesting. Mine also started giving me the "Drive mode selection unavailable, service required" message today. I could change the exhaust/steering manually but not the suspension

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
So yours has absolutely no whine like this? I took it for a test drive with the mechanic and the dude said that's normal... I looked around and any videos I could find of interior sounds and no whining coming from the interior or exterior. I was hoping that the tech was correct in his assumption but now I am suspect of that dealership even more, did they even replace anything? It's been 2 months since I last drove it, I can't tell how it drove previously vs now...

They also supposedly changed the oil per the window sticker, but didn't reset the oil life monitoring system lol... what a major screwup this is turning into
Absolutely no whine. None at all.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Interesting. Mine also started giving me the "Drive mode selection unavailable, service required" message today. I could change the exhaust/steering manually but not the suspension

I didn't have any issues with any of the drive modes, just the light flashing and eventually staying on permanently.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Dropped it off at the dealer this morning. They did let me know their transmission guy quit over the weekend... They are now looking to swap the entire transmission, more to come....

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Dropped it off at the dealer this morning. They did let me know their transmission guy quit over the weekend... They are now looking to swap the entire transmission, more to come....

Damn. Good luck. It's funny how they always have an excuse.

Maybe he quit because of your car. Lol.

Keep us posted man.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Damn. Good luck. It's funny how they always have an excuse.

Maybe he quit because of your car. Lol.

Keep us posted man.

Wouldn't that be something lol. What sucks is he quit mentally while working on my car, finished it up then just physically quit the dealer. Either they worked him into the ground or he found something better... regardless, I am stuck in the middle of that decision.

I want to see how they spin this to Ford, the service manager said that constant whine in 1st - 4th gear is bad, I let her take it for a test drive to ensure I wasn't losing my mind and it's not normal. So they have me in a 2021 F150 temporarily until their Mach-E gets back, which then they will transfer me into that until the car is finished (I am assuming months again at this point).

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Wouldn't that be something lol. What sucks is he quit mentally while working on my car, finished it up then just physically quit the dealer. Either they worked him into the ground or he found something better... regardless, I am stuck in the middle of that decision.

I want to see how they spin this to Ford, the service manager said that constant whine in 1st - 4th gear is bad, I let her take it for a test drive to ensure I wasn't losing my mind and it's not normal. So they have me in a 2021 F150 temporarily until their Mach-E gets back, which then they will transfer me into that until the car is finished (I am assuming months again at this point).

Hopefully not too long. Enjoy the hell out the loaner vehicles.

He probably got tired of their B.S, lack of training, lack of help, lack of support or cutting corners on something when he knew it should have been done differently. Clearly all speculation though.

Yea, that whine is not normal in any way. That shat would drive me nutz having to hear that while driving. If someone tells you that's normal, they need to find a new profession.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Got a call that my car was done and was ready to go and they could not duplicate my issue, "drove it approximately 30 miles", codes were cleared. Get the 350 and drive it around a few, and the same thing happens. Went back, grabbed the tech with his lap top and diagnostic tool. Go for a 25 minute drive and it does it again, twice this drive. Seems that I have misfires for whatever reason. Was showing on cylinder 1, 5, 6. WTF? Car went in for tranny work. Kind of at a loss. Tech said it may be a fuel injection issue. Weird how other shat happens that has nothing to do what you actually took it to the dealership for.

volcanogod

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 350
OMG, so sorry to hear issues like this. I hate to say it, but I trust no dealership (stealership). There should be no whine if they really rebuilt the transmission. More likely the now departed supposed transmission person put the dent there when he gave his notice. Not repairing the dent is crazy as they could have gone external to many reputable shops to keep you happy.

Best wishes on getting this addressed.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
OMG, so sorry to hear issues like this. I hate to say it, but I trust no dealership (stealership). There should be no whine if they really rebuilt the transmission. More likely the now departed supposed transmission person put the dent there when he gave his notice. Not repairing the dent is crazy as they could have gone external to many reputable shops to keep you happy.

Best wishes on getting this addressed.

Yeah hoping a new transmission is in my future!

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
@GAGT350 and @Cobra Jet

As promised, I just got my car back from the dealership and everything was fully covered under warranty. Brand New Transmission, Clutch, Flywheel, Driveshaft, and a fully rebuilt rear differential.

According to the tech notes, the flywheel had excessive hot spots and heat cracks, pressure plate had heat cracks, every gear in the transmission had damaged teeth, all the synchro rings had metal embedded in them, synchro hub sleeves had rounded teeth, output and input shaft were damaged because of the 5th gear synchro seizing up, drive shaft center bushing was torn, rear diff had metal grinds in the fluid and the carrier bearings overheated, pinion bearings were pitted, carrier had metal particles too.

Alllllllllll covered under warranty. Every single piece and not a single cent out of my wallet. Car is running great so far and no surging, lurching, no whining sounds, no metal grinding sounds, no nothing. It feels like brand new.
Sponsored