hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Update 4/14/2021:

Well I get there, they tell me the car is in fact not ready and needs to head to the body shop. They dented the drivers side rear quarter panel, it doesn't look like any paint or cracks, just a dent which I assume they should be able to just pull out. They also never fixed the front/rear bumpers and also need it down at the body shop for that.

The AGM kept me waiting, was busy in a "meeting" when he told me to come in at a certain time. I waited an hour before he finally showed up with the GM and the body shop manager. We all walked around the vehicle to look over and see if there was any other damage, no other damage noted. So the agreement is to fix the dent, and the bumpers.

No ETA, they will have the bumpers off today so the shop can see what needs to be ordered and will have an update by EOD today.

See the summary of transmission repairs below - it looks like with parts and labor it was almost $5k. The technician noted my concerns and found the below out when tearing down the transmission

1618418651148.png

1618418596941.png
Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Update 4/14/2021:

Well I get there, they tell me the car is in fact not ready and needs to head to the body shop. They dented the drivers side rear quarter panel, it doesn't look like any paint or cracks, just a dent which I assume they should be able to just pull out. They also never fixed the front/rear bumpers and also need it down at the body shop for that.

The AGM kept me waiting, was busy in a "meeting" when he told me to come in at a certain time. I waited an hour before he finally showed up with the GM and the body shop manager. We all walked around the vehicle to look over and see if there was any other damage, no other damage noted. So the agreement is to fix the dent, and the bumpers.

No ETA, they will have the bumpers off today so the shop can see what needs to be ordered and will have an update by EOD today.

See the summary of transmission repairs below - it looks like with parts and labor it was almost $5k. The technician noted my concerns and found the below out when tearing down the transmission

1618418651148.png

1618418596941.png

Wow......

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Wow......

"Surprise your car is not done, here's some more time wasted and we also dented the drivers side rear quarter panel"...

I can only chuckle at this now, I think I am beyond livid at this point... If the body shop has to hold onto the car longer than a couple of days, I will just have them cut me a check for the parts/labor.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
"Surprise your car is not done, here's some more time wasted and we also dented the drivers side rear quarter panel"...

I can only chuckle at this now, I think I am beyond livid at this point... If the body shop has to hold onto the car longer than a couple of days, I will just have them cut me a check for the parts/labor.

I can only imagine your level of frustration!

Hopefully mine will be done this week, but we will see. I will most definitely do a close inspection on the 350 before it leaves the shop. I know where every imperfection is on the car, so hopefully there will not be anymore due to lack of care on their part.

It's always a scary to have to leave your car over night or multiple days at a stealership. But, when your under warranty, we have no choice if there is a failure and it needs warranty work. I wonder since the 350 is a speciality car, does it take longer for these types of cars to get approved for warranty work, or is it the same across the board for any car or truck?.....

Good luck brother. Hopefully it will not take long. There is an end result to every situation.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Good luck OP !

however this is the last thread I needed to read before I took my 350 for a big trip down to tail of the dragon sorry to hijack:

Engine was replaced under warranty (oil issues of course) last year , dealer recommended new clutch (out of pocket of course) at the time, I opted for that

however ever since I got it back last year its been making a noise when off the clutch; however noise goes away when on. Also trans is making a gurgling noise when decelerating in 1st or 2nd ... does that sound similar to your tremec's behavior?

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Good luck OP !

however this is the last thread I needed to read before I took my 350 for a big trip down to tail of the dragon sorry to hijack:

Engine was replaced under warranty (oil issues of course) last year , dealer recommended new clutch (out of pocket of course) at the time, I opted for that

however ever since I got it back last year its been making a noise when off the clutch; however noise goes away when on. Also trans is making a gurgling noise when decelerating in 1st or 2nd ... does that sound similar to your tremec's behavior?

Sounds like a new tranny in your future.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
I can only imagine your level of frustration!

Hopefully mine will be done this week, but we will see. I will most definitely do a close inspection on the 350 before it leaves the shop. I know where every imperfection is on the car, so hopefully there will not be anymore due to lack of care on their part.

It's always a scary to have to leave your car over night or multiple days at a stealership. But, when your under warranty, we have no choice if there is a failure and it needs warranty work. I wonder since the 350 is a speciality car, does it take longer for these types of cars to get approved for warranty work, or is it the same across the board for any car or truck?.....

Good luck brother. Hopefully it will not take long. There is an end result to every situation.

Yeah it did seem like Ford dragged their feet on the teardown approval of the transmission, then the parts being backordered didn't help the situation. On top of all the poor miscommunication the dealer had and still has, it's just worn me out.

I am not sure if it takes longer as this is the only time I have ever needed to have work done on any Ford I've ever owned, at least to this extent. All my other vehicles have been great other than wear and tear parts i.e. brake pads, oil changes, etc...

I had some work done on the Raptor at this dealership, replacing an IWE valve since it was faulty and they were fantastic, got it done in less than a day and constant text communication from the service advisor.

This is also a "mod" friendly dealer as well, they do performance packages i.e. Whipple setups and warranty work. They would even install headers and honor powertrain warranty as long as they did it. So now the dealer I had in mind to do performance upgrades is now on my sh*tlist... the worlds confusing man, up is down and left is up (maybe its this J&J covid vaccine getting to me)

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Good luck OP !

So the Tremec has a whine in normal operation, this is common with this transmission. Mine was extremely loud, so that was a red flag, and I mean loud enough to hear it outside the car where people thought it was a supercharger whine (it should never sound like that under normal conditions).

Mine would also bounce pretty hard shifting, gears would slip and it felt like it wasn't grabbing immediately. It actually threw itself out of a few gears on my way driving it to the dealer.

I don't know about this gurgling noise when decelerating, I would definitely get it checked out though, just to be safe.

I think my situation may have been unique, hopefully you won't need a teardown (and if the parts are more than 10 days delayed, get a new transmission).

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Yeah it did seem like Ford dragged their feet on the teardown approval of the transmission, then the parts being backordered didn't help the situation. On top of all the poor miscommunication the dealer had and still has, it's just worn me out.

I am not sure if it takes longer as this is the only time I have ever needed to have work done on any Ford I've ever owned, at least to this extent. All my other vehicles have been great other than wear and tear parts i.e. brake pads, oil changes, etc...

I had some work done on the Raptor at this dealership, replacing an IWE valve since it was faulty and they were fantastic, got it done in less than a day and constant text communication from the service advisor.

This is also a "mod" friendly dealer as well, they do performance packages i.e. Whipple setups and warranty work. They would even install headers and honor powertrain warranty as long as they did it. So now the dealer I had in mind to do performance upgrades is now on my sh*tlist... the worlds confusing man, up is down and left is up (maybe its this J&J covid vaccine getting to me)

After all you been through the dealer tells you hey, your car is done, come pick it up! You get there and that couldn't be any further from the truth! Someone focked up big time. Talk about miscommunication!

Yea, they had a suprise for you alright. What a shame man.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
After all you been through the dealer tells you hey, your car is done, come pick it up! You get there and that couldn't be any further from the truth! Someone focked up big time. Talk about miscommunication!

Yea, they had a suprise for you alright. What a shame man.

Yeah, I was also told I'd get an update by end of business today, it's now 1 hour outside that time and my patience has worn thin from the poor communication. If this was the 1st time they were poorly communicating I could forgive it but its a pattern. I honestly don't have time to babysit these people and work full time. I really dislike having to be firm/harsh with people, it just wears me out more. I feel like the only time I have gotten a truly human response or really any response from this dealer during this situation was being firm and almost D*ckish.

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Yeah, I was also told I'd get an update by end of business today, it's now 1 hour outside that time and my patience has worn thin from the poor communication. If this was the 1st time they were poorly communicating I could forgive it but its a pattern. I honestly don't have time to babysit these people and work full time. I really dislike having to be firm/harsh with people, it just wears me out more. I feel like the only time I have gotten a truly human response or really any response from this dealer during this situation was being firm and almost D*ckish.
Incompetent stealership. I've yet to find one that didn't try to blow smoke up your azz when dealing with them. They must think all consumers are idiots and don't know anything.

I text the service writer earlier who is involved with my 350 asking for an update. It's his personal cell phone number. He received the text, but no response. That was over three hours ago. He avoids certain questions I ask him when we are texting. Typical stealership customer service, but I'm a patient guy. We will see how it plays out.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
So got my vehicle back, still some issues but I have no idea if this is "normal" for the tremec or if the dealer is incompetent and didn't complete the repair.

The dealer held the vehicle for a few more days and fixed the front/rear bumper panel gaps. The dent is still there, their paintless dent removal guy kept delaying coming out, so I decided to pick it up and have him come to me to repair the dent.

They still owe me (2) months car payment/insurance, a complete detail from a professional.

Here is a video clip I took tonight (4/18/21). The transmission whine is still there in gears 1-4 but not there in reverse, 5th and 6th gear, the higher the rpm the higher pitched the whine is.

Video clip highlights:

throughout the entire video you can hear the transmission whine.

At :25 - :30 there is a noticeable ticking noise off throttle and letting it come to a stop. This occurs frequently, not sure if any of these noises are normal and that's expected. I went through an alleyway to hear this and I can definitely hear it very loud outside the car.

I also hear a rubber on rubber sound when I push in the clutch, like something needs to be lubed?

There is also a noticeable sound in neutral without the clutch pushed in, once I push in the clutch the sound goes away.

Video link :

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
So got my vehicle back, still some issues but I have no idea if this is "normal" for the tremec or if the dealer is incompetent and didn't complete the repair.

The dealer held the vehicle for a few more days and fixed the front/rear bumper panel gaps. The dent is still there, their paintless dent removal guy kept delaying coming out, so I decided to pick it up and have him come to me to repair the dent.

They still owe me (2) months car payment/insurance, a complete detail from a professional.

Here is a video clip I took tonight (4/18/21). The transmission whine is still there in gears 1-4 but not there in reverse, 5th and 6th gear, the higher the rpm the higher pitched the whine is.

Video clip highlights:

throughout the entire video you can hear the transmission whine.

At :25 - :30 there is a noticeable ticking noise off throttle and letting it come to a stop. This occurs frequently, not sure if any of these noises are normal and that's expected. I went through an alleyway to hear this and I can definitely hear it very loud outside the car.

I also hear a rubber on rubber sound when I push in the clutch, like something needs to be lubed?

There is also a noticeable sound in neutral without the clutch pushed in, once I push in the clutch the sound goes away.

Video link :

Man, that is definitely not normal by any means. What a nightmare. I can assure you that is not normal.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Man, that is definitely not normal by any means. What a nightmare. I can assure you that is not normal.

Yeah I had a feeling it wasn't but was wanting some validation... it is indeed a nightmare, wtf. 2 months wasted and they still didn't fix the issue.

If you see my repair ticket this is exactly why I brought it in... FML. Now I have some calls to make tomorrow

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Yeah I had a feeling it wasn't but was wanting some validation... it is indeed a nightmare, wtf. 2 months wasted and they still didn't fix the issue.

If you see my repair ticket this is exactly why I brought it in... FML. Now I have some calls to make tomorrow

Did they even swap the tyranny? Or did they replace parts?

What part of Florida you from?.....
Sponsored