2017 GT350 with 24k miles blown transmission components

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
It's called purchase a warranty when you buy. Over and over its a shocker when someone has a problem. Very small percentages of all cars have issues. Get the warranty that works for you and realize very high performance cars might have issues a Subaru is less likely to have. We have also covered smaller dealerships that sometimes don't have the trained mechanics. I have had issues here in the Denver area, but we have very good dealerships and they are great to work with.
Sponsored

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
There are Lemon Law provisions for “used” car ownership, however those Laws, guidelines and provisions for such vary State to State.

If the OP were to pursue that a Lemon Law avenue, regardless if he was the original owner on a brand new car or the second owner on a “used” car he has to research his State Lemon Laws at his State’s DMV or Attorney General .gov website (not a 3rd party website as those can contain inaccurate data).

Is the OP a new car owner or a used car owner - maybe I misread his initial post as being a new car owner since it’s stated the car is “new to him”.

If he’s a secondary owner - then my prior Post # 29 would be rescinded from these aspects:
The ADM comment no longer applies if he bought used, it’s a moot point.

He might be able to get car loan reimbursement payments only IF the Ford CSR approves. I know for a fact they oblige to new car owners in this type of situation - but again if the car is used and he’s not the original owner they may not entertain the request. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Yeah I bought it with 24k on it a few months ago. I've driven all of 1.5 days and it's been down 2 months. Yeah, there is no "cooling off" period here in Florida and there's not much of a lemon law here for used cars. That said, I did let the CSR know I have been paying my monthly payments on it and she asked how much they were. So I gave them the monetary hit that this has caused me.

At this point, if I could get out of this debacle I would be happy and get myself into a brand new vehicle. I know that battle would be immense and may not win it, since it is a used car, however, something the dealer noted there were no mechanical issues on inspection even though I had a sh*tty transmission right when I drove it off the lot, which is why I brought it back quickly. So maybe that can be something I can get them on

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
***Update 4/7/2021*** I sent an email to the GM, then the AGM called me about an hour ago, a very nice conversation occurred. I believe their plan of action is extremely suitable and they are taking care of my vehicle payments for the past 2 months along with insurance payments, and any additional payments should the car need to be there any additional time.

The tool the tech ordered was on Monday, it's normally 5 business days for that tool to arrive, so Friday it may be there with the tech working through the weekend to have it fixed by Monday. It will then be taken to the body shop and have the panels fixed.

The AGM confirmed all of my issues and he noted he was there when the vehicle was taken off the truck, he did notice the whining noise along with the body panels having issues. It's actually in the intake documentation with the inspections they performed and he has verified that.

The sales team declined warranty work, did not disclose this information when I arrived and basically "handed me the keys" and walked me around the car for 2 minutes then said see ya later. I should have not accepted delivery, when I heard the transmission whining (AGM didn't say that, just me talking out loud being dummy as I was mesmerized by my new car).

The AGM stated that is fine, it's 100% on them for doing this and there's some retraining that needs to be done in the front of house and he will do everything in his power to make it right.

He CC'd me on an email to the GM of the dealership who was also very apologetic. We have a conference call on Friday to give me another update on where they are at and where we will go from there.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
***Update 4/7/2021*** I sent an email to the GM, then the AGM called me about an hour ago, a very nice conversation occurred. I believe their plan of action is extremely suitable and they are taking care of my vehicle payments for the past 2 months along with insurance payments, and any additional payments should the car need to be there any additional time.

The tool the tech ordered was on Monday, it's normally 5 business days for that tool to arrive, so Friday it may be there with the tech working through the weekend to have it fixed by Monday. It will then be taken to the body shop and have the panels fixed.

The AGM confirmed all of my issues and he noted he was there when the vehicle was taken off the truck, he did notice the whining noise along with the body panels having issues. It's actually in the intake documentation with the inspections they performed and he has verified that.

The sales team declined warranty work, did not disclose this information when I arrived and basically "handed me the keys" and walked me around the car for 2 minutes then said see ya later. I should have not accepted delivery, when I heard the transmission whining (AGM didn't say that, just me talking out loud being dummy as I was mesmerized by my new car).

The AGM stated that is fine, it's 100% on them for doing this and there's some retraining that needs to be done in the front of house and he will do everything in his power to make it right.

He CC'd me on an email to the GM of the dealership who was also very apologetic. We have a conference call on Friday to give me another update on where they are at and where we will go from there.

Just heard from my dealer a little earlier this afternoon. They got approval for a tear down to see what the failure is. They can't start on it until next week. We will see how it plays out. Not looking forward to this, but I definitely want it fixed, so I'm in for the ride.

Glad you got some good news today.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Well that’s very good to hear that they are taking responsibility and also reimbursing you your car/Ins payments for the time it has been down. Just keep everything documented as much as possible.

Hopefully you’ll be back in the saddle soon.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Well that’s very good to hear that they are taking responsibility and also reimbursing you your car/Ins payments for the time it has been down. Just keep everything documented as much as possible.

Hopefully you’ll be back in the saddle soon.

Yeah, I am just glad they accepted responsibility, worked on an ETA and plan on making me whole again. That's all I really cared about, just want this to end so I can get into my car finally. I am tired of exchanging the loaner due to mileage...

I feel like there's light at the end of the tunnel now, just need to hold on for a few more days and she's mine again! (barring anything catastrophic happening)

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Just heard from my dealer a little earlier this afternoon. They got approval for a tear down to see what the failure is. They can't start on it until next week. We will see how it plays out. Not looking forward to this, but I definitely want it fixed, so I'm in for the ride.

Glad you got some good news today.

Got word earlier today they are going to replace the throw out bearing and a clutch kit. Glad that's all it is, well, hopefully. I should get it back late week.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Got word earlier today they are going to replace the throw out bearing and a clutch kit. Glad that's all it is, well, hopefully. I should get it back late week.
You are lucky. I had to file a lawsuit to cover the clutch when my trans failed and clutch failed “cause clutch is a wear item” even though mine wasn’t worn. I ended up being compensated for it but what a pita.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
You are lucky. I had to file a lawsuit to cover the clutch when my trans failed and clutch failed “cause clutch is a wear item” even though mine wasn’t worn. I ended up being compensated for it but what a pita.

yeah, I was very surprised when they were just going to replace a ton of components. I had a follow up call with the AGM, it looks like the service department dropped the ball. Per Ford, if any parts are delayed on a vehicle for longer than 10 business days, I should have gotten a brand new transmission per the AGM of Fords policies. So it looks like the parts were in stock, they ordered them, then were put on a backlog for a month (all parts are now here, so that blows).

Haven't heard of an ETA of when the car is finished yet, supposedly it was today then off to the body shop to fix panel gaps.

I will follow up tomorrow, hopefully some good news!

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, got my Case# already. They are going to follow up with the service manager then escalate from there.
So, did this have something to do with the follow up dealer "nice conversation that occurred"?

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
So, did this have something to do with the follow up dealer "nice conversation that occurred"?

You know, I am not sure. I opened the case# the day before I sent that email to the GM complaining that his service center has little to no communication skills and that I am left in the dark with either no information or misleading information.

I have not heard back from Ford yet though, maybe I should follow up with them. I assumed talking with the GM and AGM and their plan of action to fix the situation and compensate me, I wouldn't bother proceeding further with Ford but wanted that case# opened just in case things went sideways.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
[/QUOwe'll,

Yea, I was a little surprised when he said they were going to install a new clutch, which they should anyways. Just want my car back with no issues. Everything is going smooth as of right now with everything. Good communication from the stealership and the 350 has only been there a week.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Well everyone, fantastic news, they said I can come pick her up today! I am so excited! This was a headache, thankfully it's done. I will post up what they replaced and the work done to the vehicle. They said I don't have a bill (obviously it's warranty work) and that "something special" will be there when I arrive. Probably a Ford Rep saying my warranty is no good, LOL.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Well everyone, fantastic news, they said I can come pick her up today! I am so excited! This was a headache, thankfully it's done. I will post up what they replaced and the work done to the vehicle. They said I don't have a bill (obviously it's warranty work) and that "something special" will be there when I arrive. Probably a Ford Rep saying my warranty is no good, LOL.

Glad too hear. Hope the surprise really is something nice. Congrats! Enjoy it.
Sponsored