Sponsored

2017 GT350 with 24k miles blown transmission components

tomburke1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Hey all,

I recently purchased a new to me GT350, I drove it for about 100 miles but noticed this constant whine (it wasn't my fiance) while driving it, it's been in the shop for about a month now with some parts on backorder. It has around 24k miles on it, I bought it in Florida but had it shipped from AZ.

So the list of issues the dealer confirmed with a transmission teardown
Flywheel, Clutch, Solenoid, almost all bearings, and some "other odd and end bearings" per the service manager.

My question is this, is this common in these Mustangs? I have a 2019 Raptor and absolutely no issues, I am really liking the Ford Performance lineup, they are doing a pretty good job, I just maybe got unlucky here?
My daughter's GT350 that I gave her a year or so ago had a transmission failure at 30000 miles. The transmission locked up and brought the car to a stop..
The car had never been raced or abused in any way. I put 22000 miles om it and she put the 8000. The dealer said that there was only a cup of transmission in it. There was no indication of leakage either i my garage or my daughter;s garage. There was no indication of leaking on he var as well.

I spoke with Ford Customer Relationship and they paid for more then half of the repair even though the car was 13 days past the warranty.
Sponsored