hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Hey all,

I recently purchased a new to me GT350, I drove it for about 100 miles but noticed this constant whine (it wasn't my fiance) while driving it, it's been in the shop for about a month now with some parts on backorder. It has around 24k miles on it, I bought it in Florida but had it shipped from AZ.

So the list of issues the dealer confirmed with a transmission teardown
Flywheel, Clutch, Solenoid, almost all bearings, and some "other odd and end bearings" per the service manager.

My question is this, is this common in these Mustangs? I have a 2019 Raptor and absolutely no issues, I am really liking the Ford Performance lineup, they are doing a pretty good job, I just maybe got unlucky here?
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hey all,

I recently purchased a new to me GT350, I drove it for about 100 miles but noticed this constant whine (it wasn't my fiance) while driving it, it's been in the shop for about a month now with some parts on backorder. It has around 24k miles on it, I bought it in Florida but had it shipped from AZ.

Flywheel, Clutch, Solenoid, almost all bearings, and some "other odd and end bearings" per the service manager.

My question is this, is this common in these Mustangs? I have a 2019 Raptor and absolutely no issues, I am really liking the Ford Performance lineup, they are doing a pretty good job, I just maybe got unlucky here?
Sounds like you’re unlucky. I would expect to hear about that kind of damage if you were pushing 900 Hp on a stock setup, or if the previous owner abused the crap outta the car/didn’t know how to drive. I could be wrong.

Also, for diagnostic purposes, fiancé’s typically don’t chronically whine. . . . that’s usually reserved for wives (although there are exceptions.). Thanks for the laugh :)

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Sounds like you’re unlucky. I would expect to hear about that kind of damage if you were pushing 900 Hp on a stock setup, or if the previous owner abused the crap outta the car/didn’t know how to drive. I could be wrong.

Also, for diagnostic purposes, fiancé’s typically don’t chronically whine. . . . that’s usually reserved for wives (although there are exceptions.). Thanks for the laugh :)
Yeah I suppose I am just unlucky, the dealership has been pretty good to me, they are also going to fix the panel gaps in the rear/front bumpers as well, they have a nice collision center attached to the service center.

Yeah the Oasis report looked like it had regular maintenance from the previous owner. So if they beat on it they also took care of the maintenance too. The car is all stock except for window tint.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1

Sorry to hear about OP's troubles with the car but this made me laugh, too :crackup:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You can sometimes pick up complete, new transmissions for 2-3k - if that helps. I've never had good luck with a trans after someone opened it up for repairs.

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Going with the laugh on this.
Here's the good fix for whining whether fiance or wife.

1615481661690.png

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
You can sometimes pick up complete, new transmissions for 2-3k - if that helps. I've never had good luck with a trans after someone opened it up for repairs.
Yeah, I am hopeful no issues but I do worry about that... with so many parts being replaced I asked them to just replace the entire transmission (denied). So now if it's back again for the same issue I will be fairly upset.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm pretty much on these forums every day. It's rare for much to get past me as far as the topics posted on here.

I'm not saying you are the first with a major set of transmission problems like this, but you are definitely the first I can recall. There have been a couple minor or not so minor things, like someone had a bolt inside the bellhousing come loose and stall their car. A number of people have had minor issues with shifters buzzing.. that's all I remember.

So as far as I know, significant transmission issues like you had are exceptionally rare with the GT350. And if the tech knows what they are doing, the transmission should work great after the rebuild. I've done a couple transmission rebuilds in the past and the transmissions worked great afterwards. I was also conservative with replacing parts - ie I replaced all blocker rings if they looked at all marginal. So hopefully you'll have a really good result.

OP
OP

hdaniel85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
I'm pretty much on these forums every day. It's rare for much to get past me as far as the topics posted on here.

I'm not saying you are the first with a major set of transmission problems like this, but you are definitely the first I can recall. There have been a couple minor or not so minor things, like someone had a bolt inside the bellhousing come loose and stall their car. A number of people have had minor issues with shifters buzzing.. that's all I remember.

So as far as I know, significant transmission issues like you had are exceptionally rare with the GT350. And if the tech knows what they are doing, the transmission should work great after the rebuild. I've done a couple transmission rebuilds in the past and the transmissions worked great afterwards. I was also conservative with replacing parts - ie I replaced all blocker rings if they looked at all marginal. So hopefully you'll have a really good result.
Yeah that's more comforting to hear. I have heard great things about this dealership, me being a transplant from California I've only had a few things done on my Raptor here i.e. oil changes/IWE replacement.

I've actually never had a vehicle that needed anything other than the standard oil change, brake pads etc.. normal wear and tear done, so I guess that has me down :( Can't wait to get her back though, the 1 day I had with her she sounded so nice...

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Hey all,

Im on my second transmission.

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
My car has been in the shop since the beginning of January because of transmission issues. The 5th gear synchro went out and caused some major damage so I'm getting a full replacement transmission, flywheel, clutch, driveshaft, and possibly even differential. Transmission issues aren't common at all with these cars, but there a few of us out there. Nothing to be concerned about imo but they're not bulletproof. Same goes for just about every car on the road.

Competition53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 competition orange mustang gt
Hey all,

I recently purchased a new to me GT350, I drove it for about 100 miles but noticed this constant whine (it wasn't my fiance)
Too bad you couldn’t just feed the transmission and rub it’s belly like a fiancée to get rid of that whine. Sounds like you got one of those Karen transmissions.

Last edited:

Richard Shannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
3-20 GT500, 17 GT350, 18 Z06, 08 F360, 2) MX-5s
I just bought a used GT350 and yes i am slightly nervous. These are track machines, and there is a chance some nimrod over-revved, miss shifted, god knows what to the car. Mine has 4K so i am hoping they couldn't have done toooo much damage......

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

Sounds like the owner before you drove the hell out of it and pawned it off knowing it was ready to take a crap.

GAGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1983 S10 Sport Pickup
My car has been in the shop since the beginning of January because of transmission issues. The 5th gear synchro went out and caused some major damage so I'm getting a full replacement transmission, flywheel, clutch, driveshaft, and possibly even differential. Transmission issues aren't common at all with these cars, but there a few of us out there. Nothing to be concerned about imo but they're not bulletproof. Same goes for just about every car on the road.
So that was covered under the the 5/50 warranty?
Sponsored