Sponsored

2017 GT350 production numbers

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Yea these are by no means official numbers...Just saying.
Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Being an old school car guy from the '60s and growing up with radio delete, AC delete, swiss cheese cars, trunk mounted batteries, fiberglass parts, etc. weight was always an issue in order to go faster no matter at the drag strip or on a road course.
This is what I was comparing to - in the 60/70s you had a chinese menu of options available - multiple motors, transmissions, rear ends, in a addition to all the cosmetic options. Much different with these cars.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My take, as one who follows the classic car market with interest, mostly as an observer. The characteristics which (based on my observations) seem to drive price, in no particular order are:

1) Desirability of the car when new (it's those who desired the car when new but didn't have the means to acquire one, who buy them years down the road when their financial position allows)
2) Rarity. Numbers built, or built with interesting, yet desirable options. Here is where color, option packages, etc. impact desirability. These factors become discriminators. You have 2 identical cars, in identical condition, the car with the more rare and/or desirable options/colors will command the higher price.
3) Originality. Low miles, matching numbers, original paint, interior, etc. The saying goes, "the car is only original once". A clean, original example will normally be worth more than a fully restored, better than factory rebuild. This is also a discriminator.
4) Celebrity provenance. If there is a story to go along with the car, famous person owned, etc., this is a discriminator, too.
5) Position in life cycle. First year of model, last year, etc.
6) Other model accolades. Racing history, for example. This is somewhat related to #1.

If I missed any, by all means add them.

An example of #2, I've seen a Ford GT in Gulf Blue livery command ~$100K more than an equivalent one in Silver.

There is no doubt in my mind that the GT350 will be a collectable in the future. Some models, option packages and colors will prove more valuable than others. I'm not suggesting that you buy one for this reason. I didn't, but I think it is cool to know the numbers. I think of myself as a "student of the GT350" and like to learn all the details I can, including the build numbers.
I think that nowadays a lot of value on classic cars is from their actual performance and appearance. Classic cars drive like crap compared to modern cars, so if a car didn't fit one of the super, highly desirable categories it will be worth more if it's modified to function and look really good. Obviously this isn't the case for a Boss car or a Hemi this or that, but mundane fastback Mustangs are worth more if they are modified to function better than original.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
This is what I was comparing to - in the 60/70s you had a chinese menu of options available - multiple motors, transmissions, rear ends, in a addition to all the cosmetic options. Much different with these cars.
Not necessarily. Although the GT350 (per the sticker) isn't referred to as a Mustang, it may be considered one in the future; a special addition model on the Mustang S550 platform.

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Did anyone ever post the official numbers for 2017 production?

Sponsored

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I thought that the consensus was that was a pre-final numbers spreadsheet that someone posted on facebook with a disclaimer that those weren't final numbers? It also doesn't have the Ford Performance logo centered at the top like the other production numbers.
Here it is:

2017 Prod numbers.jpg

Jet One

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Looks like there are only 6 Black Rs with blue stripes. Am I seeing this correctly?
Sponsored