Sponsored

2017 GT350 production numbers

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks for the post but I am fairly sure these are NOT final numbers. Gotti advised me that the Rs finished at H942 and I have seen a post of someone on this forum around H92x or so. Showing 906, these are very close to final numbers.

I have a 17 base R, also had a 16 base R, and it is interesting with nearly twice the total Rs in 17, there are actually fewer base Rs in total for 17. That makes my OW 1 of 12 (or so). :ford::thumbsup:
Based on Al's production numbers HR019 is 1 of 4 base R's built in Ruby Red for the NA market (not sure about the Black roof that I have) and a good chance the only Canadian built base R coming in Ruby Red and Black roof.

Time will tell what the official numbers will indicate but a terrific start by someone in the know!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thanks for the post but I am fairly sure these are NOT final numbers. Gotti advised me that the Rs finished at H942 and I have seen a post of someone on this forum around H92x or so. Showing 906, these are very close to final numbers.

I have a 17 base R, also had a 16 base R, and it is interesting with nearly twice the total Rs in 17, there are actually fewer base Rs in total for 17. That makes my OW 1 of 12 (or so). :ford::thumbsup:
1 of 12 ain’t to shabby considering it’s the vintage deco. That may get further separated by black stripe and stripe delete and black roof. In reality you probably have a 1 in 10 for 2017, as I’m sure they aren’t all blue stripe and no black roofs.
Would be nice if the list was broken down further but some info is better than none.

Last edited:
OP
OP

RaceRed350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Shelby GT350, 1989 Ford Mustang LX coupe
I saved the pic from the Facebook post, going to try & upload it on here. Let's see if this works... I apologize if it isn't the greatest quality, I tried to sharpen it a little & it still looked a little fuzzy on my post preview :shrug:
IMG_20171225_230543 (2).png

OP
OP

RaceRed350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Shelby GT350, 1989 Ford Mustang LX coupe
And according to the chart, my Race Red no stripe, no black roof is one of 50 so far for 2017 :thumbsup:

Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Just curious, does 1 out of XX really mean anything when the only differences are cosmetic and performance is exactly the same (base vs base, R vs R obviously)?

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just curious, does 1 out of XX really mean anything when the only differences are cosmetic and performance is exactly the same (base vs base, R vs R obviously)?
Depends how important cosmetics are to you :)

For me it’s not that important, but it’s interesting to know. Especially compared to other cars I’ve owned where I see the same exact car on the road. I’ve yet to see another R in the wild. These numbers help me to understand why.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Being an old school car guy from the '60s and growing up with radio delete, AC delete, swiss cheese cars, trunk mounted batteries, fiberglass parts, etc. weight was always an issue in order to go faster no matter at the drag strip or on a road course.

That being the case I always come back to my roots and order the lightest car out there with that being a base R model.

Sure I give up a back up camera, AC, no radio and speakers, no carpet sound deadener, no tire inflator kit, USB ports, floor mats, etc. but that is the way it was back over 50 years ago with Ford still allowing some of us old gear heads to order our cars still that way with my R being ~100 pounds lighter than an Electronic Package R.

Also, from my standpoint I always like to have something a little different from my other car buddies with many of them thinking exactly the same way as me.

Some or many of these comestic/weight/paint issues may not mean a lot to you but it does to me and many others of my era!

:cool:

Last edited:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
My take, as one who follows the classic car market with interest, mostly as an observer. The characteristics which (based on my observations) seem to drive price, in no particular order are:

1) Desirability of the car when new (it's those who desired the car when new but didn't have the means to acquire one, who buy them years down the road when their financial position allows)
2) Rarity. Numbers built, or built with interesting, yet desirable options. Here is where color, option packages, etc. impact desirability. These factors become discriminators. You have 2 identical cars, in identical condition, the car with the more rare and/or desirable options/colors will command the higher price.
3) Originality. Low miles, matching numbers, original paint, interior, etc. The saying goes, "the car is only original once". A clean, original example will normally be worth more than a fully restored, better than factory rebuild. This is also a discriminator.
4) Celebrity provenance. If there is a story to go along with the car, famous person owned, etc., this is a discriminator, too.
5) Position in life cycle. First year of model, last year, etc.
6) Other model accolades. Racing history, for example. This is somewhat related to #1.

If I missed any, by all means add them.

An example of #2, I've seen a Ford GT in Gulf Blue livery command ~$100K more than an equivalent one in Silver.

There is no doubt in my mind that the GT350 will be a collectable in the future. Some models, option packages and colors will prove more valuable than others. I'm not suggesting that you buy one for this reason. I didn't, but I think it is cool to know the numbers. I think of myself as a "student of the GT350" and like to learn all the details I can, including the build numbers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
It may in 25 or 30 years when (and if) it achieves true collector status.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
My take, as one who follows the classic car market with interest, mostly as an observer. The characteristics which (based on my observations) seem to drive price, in no particular order are:

1) Desirability of the car when new (it's those who desired the car when new but didn't have the means to acquire one, who buy them years down the road when their financial position allows)
2) Rarity. Numbers built, or built with interesting, yet desirable options. Here is where color, option packages, etc. impact desirability. These factors become discriminators. You have 2 identical cars, in identical condition, the car with the more rare and/or desirable options/colors will command the higher price.
3) Originality. Low miles, matching numbers, original paint, interior, etc. The saying goes, "the car is only original once". A clean, original example will normally be worth more than a fully restored, better than factory rebuild. This is also a discriminator.
4) Celebrity provenance. If there is a story to go along with the car, famous person owned, etc., this is a discriminator, too.
5) Position in life cycle. First year of model, last year, etc.
6) Other model accolades. Racing history, for example. This is somewhat related to #1.

If I missed any, by all means add them.

An example of #2, I've seen a Ford GT in Gulf Blue livery command ~$100K more than an equivalent one in Silver.

There is no doubt in my mind that the GT350 will be a collectable in the future. Some models, option packages and colors will be prove more valuable than others. I'm not suggesting that you buy one for this reason. I didn't, but I think it is cool to know the numbers. I think of myself as a "student of the GT350" and like to learn all the details I can, including the build numbers.
I would suggest that you have covered most of the key elements but would add that not only is "Celebrity Provenance" important but any and all "Provenance" is key to a cars value.

Without a detailed list of provenance for any collectible car most intelligent buyers will just walk away.

And as you had mentioned the first model year for any HP collectible car is usually the most valuable such as the '67 Camaro Z28 and the '65 GT350 to name a couple whereas the last model year can actually be more collectible such as the '71 Hemi Cuda compared to the '70 Hemi Cuda.

One other area of significance is early chassis numbers with obviously the number 1 car being the most collectible. The fellow in Seattle (JA) who owns the first '65 GT350R also owns FR037 which is the last 2015 GT350R from the 2015MY.

BTW, he also owns 2 - '66 GT350 convertibles along with a '65 GT350 Drag Car (1 of 9) so he has quite a collection.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
It may in 25 or 30 years when (and if) it achieves true collector status.
Yeah, it's fun to talk about, but means almost nothing now.

Time will tell if our GT350 will reach future collector status. But I think it would take something like the electric or other green vehicles killing off the muscle car to see that happen.

HR213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Grabber Blue, black roof
If I am reading the chart correctly my R - Grabber Blue, black roof, so stripe, electronics delete (base package) would be 1 of 3.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
If I am reading the chart correctly my R - Grabber Blue, black roof, so stripe, electronics delete (base package) would be 1 of 3.
Perhaps even less.
Sponsored