ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 White w/ Blue Stripes
I was looking at GTs PP1 or 2 when a used 2017 GT350 popped up at my local dealer and after much gnashing of teeth I got it. I considered slightly used as a plus, as I had them print the OASIS and there were no reports of anything other than standard service. Previous owner was my daughters dentist. I don't have extended driving time in a regular GT (although I got one as a rental once). Here are some pros and cons as I see them - I think the base Recaros in the 350 are more comfortable, but entry exit is more difficult. If you are much bigger than me (6' 185) they will be quite snug. I found base leather (400A) not to be super comfortable on a long drive. Driveway scraping in the 350 is super annoying. You learn to deal with it, but people will think you are a dork when you zig to take every dip at an angle. Not an issue in a GT, but the PP2 probably isn't a lot better. Ride in the regular GT is noticeably softer (subjectively good or bad) but I suspect the PP2 is probably as stiff as the 350, particularly with the 30 tires. The 350 doesn't have some of the fluff you get in a 401A package, but I have never once found myself looking at the cupholders and wishing they were lit. Transmission is better in the 350 even if you never track it. The VooDoo does generate some NVH. I don't really notice it driving but it seems too lead to more cabin rattles (the GT will get these too in time). Sample size one, so take that for what it's worth. The 350 looks better (subjective). Front and rear fenders are wider compared to a GT and I really like the 350 hood and front fenders. To me, the looks were important. You want a Mustang because they are cool cars, and the 350 is the slightly cooler looking one. Every vent grill on the 350 is functional (even if several look bigger than they really are). Both have Sync 3, which I find quite nice. Price wise, I paid about what the MSRP would be for a GT configured as I wanted.
Your line of judgement goes very well like mine. And the GT350 I found is 2k more expensive than the fully loaded PP2 I got it so price to price Its around the same. I know the Shelby name will have a future impact for me than the Mustang down the road so I think the sacrifice to loose some perks of the newer GT is more than worth to jump into a GT350 and get the real performance machinery.
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
And you can drive it from the dealership to your favorite track and have an absolute blast with no drama, while cars in your group go into limp mode one after another. Then drive it home.

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
I think I will need to change my username. Is that possible?? moderators, please chime in!!

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
Good news :handsinair: Looks like Ford was able to cancel the contract. So the Shelby is already set aside for me and secured with deposit so I guess I will be the new owner of a GT350.. Thanks to this thread I will say!!!!! Another good info, the car is a 11/2017 production car but it was only sold on 04/2018 so basically the warranty started April 2018 but aside from that it has Ford Certified 7yr/100k mile warranty.

Sponsored

Yerfdog13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350 K0164
Good news :handsinair: Looks like Ford was able to cancel the contract. So the Shelby is already set aside for me and secured with deposit so I guess I will be the new owner of a GT350.. Thanks to this thread I will say!!!!! Another good info, the car is a 11/2017 production car but it was only sold on 04/2018 so basically the warranty started April 2018 but aside from that it has Ford Certified 7yr/100k mile warranty.
You have chosen wisely, Congrats!

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
There she is!! And I am all the way in Brazil buying a car over the phone. lol. 10 more days until I can see the Shelby in person.
IMG_8417.jpg

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Congrats! Beautiful car but then again I’m biased toward the white/blue.

Don’t be afraid to hold it 4K - 6k rpm during spirited driving and if the resonators haven’t been removed consider it if you want more pops/crackles on deceleration.
Sponsored