ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 White w/ Blue Stripes
Read: If you plan on going for fun twice a year to a track and drive it hard you may end your day of fun early.
So Why the hell they release a PP2 with Cup 2 tyres, track tuned suspension and ABS if you can't go 2 rounds on a track occasionally? It does not make too much sense...

Just the tyres alone is a track specific tyre

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
So Why the hell they release a PP2 with Cup 2 tyres, track tuned suspension and ABS if you can't go 2 rounds on a track occasionally? It does not make too much sense...

Just the tyres alone is a track specific tyre
Many of us have asked the same question. Putting cup 2 tires on the car without the coolers was fucking stupid.

Caranddriver in their lightning lap I believe couldn't do back to back runs without the differential overheating. Some aftermarket differential cooler kits are available, but you'd need to rig one together yourself for the transmission cooler. It maybe depends on how competent of a driver you are.

If track duty is in the question, be prepared for the cooling modifications you'll need to complete a 20 minute session.

qbnlynx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
The my purchase was justified thread lol.

I'll add fuel to the fire! Theres also a 90 page thread here about gt350 owners and their engine problems. So there's that.

I would've gone with a 350 if I couldve afforded it.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Read: If you plan on going for fun twice a year to a track and drive it hard you may end your day of fun early.
I agree with this. I hate the feeling of completing just a few laps and then the car is hot and you have to try to do something to cool it down.

It happened both with my tech pack 2016 GT350 and with the 2004 Z06 I currently am daily driving. I can tell you IMO there's nothing worse than that feeling that you're either wasting your money on the track day because you can't drive the car hard for any length of time, or that you are beating the crap out of a car and causing damage because it's not really built to hold up to driving on the track.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The Bullitt is IMO, the most bizarre trim package of the S550.

I think the decision to replace the GT350 Base (2016) with the PP2 was a misstep, that was a hell of a car for 47k.

My buddy bought a PP2, as soon as he rode in my GT350, he knew he made the wrong decision.

OP, I guarantee that if you test drive a GT350 after test driving a PP2, you will walk out with the GT350.
Fixed. :sunglasses:

I'm sorry (but not really) but I find the Bullitt completely pointless.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not comparable but ok pal.
How so? Both cars have had very eye brow raising issues which have been far from ignore-worthy.

Btw, my local dealership has 3 '18 GT's with engine replacements as we speak. Meanwhile my GT350 rolled in and rolled through. Ah yes but a month ago there was a GT350 there that went through its 2nd motor. The owner's an ass bag and doesn't let the car warm up but that's a different story.

qbnlynx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
How so? Both cars have had very eye brow raising issues which have been far from ignore-worthy.

Btw, my local dealership has 3 '18 GT's with engine replacements as we speak. Meanwhile my GT350 rolled in and rolled through. Ah yes but a month ago there was a GT350 there that went through its 2nd motor. The owner's an ass bag and doesn't let the car warm up but that's a different story.
Because one isnt leaving people stranded on the road. Also as soon as someone hears the engine ticking they take it straight to the dealer get it replaced and it still ticks. After all the years of production you'd think they'd work the bugs out.

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Because one isnt leaving people stranded on the road. Also as soon as someone hears the engine ticking they take it straight to the dealer get it replaced and it still ticks. After all the years of production you'd think they'd work the bugs out.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-mustang-gt-engine-failure.101416/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-gt-failure-engine-getting-opened-up.98513/
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-gt-engine-noise-and-destruction.106071/

Took 3 seconds. People with their 18 Engines blowing. The 18 had issues not seen on other Coyotes. The 19s seem much better, but the tick and rattle remain.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I know one thing the 5.2 sounds way better than the 5.0:like: and if both are stranded the 350 is much better to look at by passing travelers than a GT.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I hate the new front end of the 18-19 mustangs.... It's a reason they went with the 16 look for the new GT500. For me, that alone is a deal breaker. The rear is fine, actually better, but the front...
I said it before. If you don't look back at your car after you park it as you walk away from it it's either a. You bought the wrong car or b. You are not a car enthusiast.

I would not look back after the new Mustang, sorry. Just my 2 cents.

qbnlynx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Honestly dont know how you can argue 5.2 failures vs 5.0 failures. Of course engines will blow but the ratio between the two is a bit off especially considering how many more 5.0s are produced. Didn't shelby owners file a class action lawsuit against ford for overheating not too long ago?

qbnlynx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
I know one thing the 5.2 sounds way better than the 5.0:like: and if both are stranded the 350 is much better to look at by passing travelers than a GT.
Both are objective opinions but I dont disagree with either
Sponsored