2017 GT350 or Brand new GT PP2

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
From what I've been searching the PP2 suspension setup should be close if not better than a 2017 gt350. Remember the revised 2019 gt350 is not in the equation here. the comparison is a 2017 gt350 vs a brand new PP2 since price wise they are in the same level. Even a 2018 can be bought nowadays brand new for 55k.
Incorrect. The PP2 suspension is not better than the 350 in any trim. What the PP2 does have better than the 15-18 350 is wheels and tires. The PP2 wheels are lighter and equipped with better rubber than the 15-18 350. When I upgraded my wheels to 19 pound wheels with cup 2 tires, the difference was incredible.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 White w/ Blue Stripes
The PP2 does not have the same brakes or better ones than the 350. Not even close. People forget that. A big brake kit from Brembo with all four rotors and calipers would cost you over 5k alone. The 350 comes with them.
I know the rears are different but fronts are also 6 piston Brembo... different disks for sure though!!!

I'm the 350gt has all performance on his favor. I believe the 2017 + already have MagneRide Suspension and transmission cooler. so not much difference from the 19"s gt350 I guess other than cup 2's and revised suspension tune

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
If I was you I would wait until the 2020 350s come out and then get a new 19 off the lot for mid 50's just like how you can still find 18's for 52-55K new right now.
can't wait that long. need a car right now!!! I'm moving from Brazil to FL so buying 2 cars at the moment. Also a SUV for the wife... I had a 2005 997 GT3 but just that to replace with 2 new cars for the house.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
From what I've been searching the PP2 suspension setup should be close if not better than a 2017 gt350.

I don't want to start an argument but those PP2 users are wrong in terms of the context I'm guessing they're referring to. It is better for the street because it's more forgiving but not better for the track. So define what "better" means to you. The GT350's MagneRide tuning is more focused. However the PP2 does have Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires which is a huge deal. The '17 GT350 still only has Pilot Super Sports.

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
I don't want to start an argument but those PP2 users are wrong in terms of the context I'm guessing they're referring to. It is better for the street because it's more forgiving but not better for the track. So define what "better" means to you. The GT350's MagneRide tuning is more focused. However the PP2 does have Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires which is a huge deal. The '17 GT350 still only has Pilot Super Sports.
I agree and would not think a PP2 will be a better track horse at all, the car will be a daily driven with occasional track time but DD is the main use for sure.

So rolling on the streets for everyday use is what matter most on this case.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
The name Shelby Cobra does have an impact. can't deny that. A PP2 is a special GT at the end of the day. Maybe it could be more ideal for my needs, YES. The interior of the PP2 seems way better than the 350, the exterior has pos and cons on both. 350 has better front fender, better brakes, transmission. Engine I would say better but that Is questionable as many have mentioned. pp2 has way better wheels and overall look I would say around equal as a regular 350gt

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
There really is nothing wrong with a PP2, especially for the street.
That's what I bought but since I still got a few days left to change my mind otherwise just wanted make sure I am doing the right thing in choosing a brand new fully loaded GT PP2 over a used low milleage 2017 350Gt. as price wise they would be around the same thing...

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
The PP2 is great. Delete the resonator, and it sounds fantastic. The only issues I have with it for street duty is the Cup 2s, too much for daily duty. The PP2 tires poke by at least an inch, and will kick all kinds of things up onto the sides of the car and scratch it up. It makes the car look VERY aggressive but makes it rough to live with if that will bother you. Swap the tires to help prevent the kickup of the stones and whatnot, and it will be a great car.

The tremec in the GT350 is better, and the 17 GT350 has the much better setup for track. The engine durability concerns should be taken into consideration though in a 17 GT350, as there were some engine improvements in the 18 variant and many improvements in the 19 variant. But the Voodoo character is... imo... worth it. But I would definitely have a beater as a backup in case the engine needs to get swapped.

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
The PP2 is great. Delete the resonator, and it sounds fantastic. The only issues I have with it for street duty is the Cup 2s, too much for daily duty. The PP2 tires poke by at least an inch, and will kick all kinds of things up onto the sides of the car and scratch it up. It makes the car look VERY aggressive but makes it rough to live with if that will bother you. Swap the tires to help prevent the kickup of the stones and whatnot, and it will be a great car.

The tremec in the GT350 is better, and the 17 GT350 has the much better setup for track. The engine durability concerns should be taken into consideration though in a 17 GT350, as there were some engine improvements in the 18 variant and many improvements in the 19 variant. But the Voodoo character is... imo... worth it. But I would definitely have a beater as a backup in case the engine needs to get swapped.
the plan is to keep the Cup 2 unless I found a buyer to pay what's they are worth it but I do love the look and performance of the tires and I have DD with Toyo's R888r tyres in the past so no big deal with sticky tyres. I plan on add some ZL1 mud flaps along with Anchor Room 3M film protections on the sides to protect the paint though.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've answered this question a few times on this forum before, so I'm going to shorten it this time.

I would prefer the older GT350 because it doesn't have the Cup 2 tires (they are mainly for track use IMO). I don't want short tire life of the Cup 2s. I think the Pilot SS tires on the older GT350s are the perfect balance for daily driving even in wet weather and going to the track. Mine lasted ~16,000 miles even with a hand full of track days scattered in there.

I also prefer the GT350 for the better cooling and brakes for track use.

A used car - any used car - will retain more of its value over time vs. buying new. So unless warranty is a huge concern for you, buying a car that's a couple years old is smarter financially than buying something brand new.

The PP2 will be more torquey down low, so if you prefer that - maybe look for a used GT. You could probably get a 1-2 year old GT for something in the upper $20s. That would save you a ton of money for cooling/brakes or whatever track mods you want to do. Plus it would save money you could spend on track days as well.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The only issues I have with it for street duty is the Cup 2s, too much for daily duty. The PP2 tires poke by at least an inch, and will kick all kinds of things up onto the sides of the car and scratch it up. It makes the car look VERY aggressive but makes it rough to live with if that will bother you. Swap the tires to help prevent the kickup of the stones and whatnot, and it will be a great car.
I agree with this.

Even the Pilot SS tires kick a lot of stones onto the sides of the car. If I bought another new GT350 I would definitely put PPF on the rear quarters in front of the back wheels. That was one area I didn't think to protect on my 2016 GT350 and it got blasted pretty badly. Tons of small paint chips there.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I agree and would not think a PP2 will be a better track horse at all, the car will be a daily driven with occasional track time but DD is the main use for sure.

So rolling on the streets for everyday use is what matter most on this case.
Since you said this I would probably in your case just go for the PP2 then which will give you everything you need performance wise with some more amenities for daily use than a pre 19 350. Also recommend getting a Corsa Xtreme catback to drop some weight from the heavy factory exhaust for in my opinion the best sound for the 5.0

OP
OP
ZipGT350

ZipGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
Since you said this I would probably in your case just go for the PP2 then which will give you everything you need performance wise with some more amenities for daily use than a pre 19 350. Also recommend getting a Corsa Xtreme catback to drop some weight from the heavy factory exhaust for in my opinion the best sound for the 5.0
I was planning to do Headers w/ x pipe and keep the axleback stock active exhaust. But need to decide the warranty factor. If planning on keeping warranty would be wise not to tune at the beginning. With that I could only do catback, then Corsa Xtreme or Borla ATAK would be my 2 choices to go.

qbnlynx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
If you want the digital dash, active exhaust and rev match then go pp2. If you just want a drivers car go with the 350. There are more variables but those are the main ones imo.
Sponsored