Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
Me and my friend a few months ago
20180804_154443.jpg
installed 1400 hp rated halfshafts(got them new for a good deal) in replace of the stock shafts because of all the power I am running now. One of the half shafts went in pretty easily, but the other one would not go in all the way for some reason . Didn't Rey to force it too much, so the guy just out my stuff back together and it seemed to drive fine. It is/was probably sticking out maybe an eighth of an inch or a little more than that . Well I have been running digs and going to the track for the last couple months and I went to go install my mgw shifter on a lift today and noticed that my rear and differential is leaking where that same half shaft is going in. Looks like a busted "half shaft seal". I'm assuming that is the name of it .
Either way, I have to fix it. Is that the proper name of the part that went bad? Are there any other things I need to look out for when I take the half shaft off? I'm pretty sure it happened last night when I was doing a lot of racing on the street with friends. Please help with anything . It would be greatly appreciated.
20180804_154448.jpg
20180804_154529.jpg
Sponsored