Sponsored

2017 GT PP + TP - 1 month of ownership

blakesawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hey everyone. So i've had my 2017 manual GT w/ performance and track pack for about a month now and I absolutely love it. I'm looking for advice/reviews/feedback on a few things below. Anything is greatly appreciated.

1. What are you guys doing with your grilles? I'm debating painting the pony logo black (I have magnet metallic paint), or even possibly removing the logo. Anyone remove it have difficulty?

2. The PP came with spoiler delete. I'm really diggin' the GT350 Track pack spoiler. Should I be worried about drilling holes in the trunk to install said spoiler? Or should I just use good 3M tape?

3. Everyone is telling me to go with the power pack 2 from ford. I got my car from a ford dealer and it still has some factory warranty as well CPO so I don't want to do anything to jeopardize those warranties. Is it worth it?

4. Drive shaft. I see a lot of talks on going to 1-piece drive shaft. I also see a lot of people complaining about chatter or clunking after going to 1-piece. Worth the change?

5. Short shifter. I'm leaning towards the Ford Performance short throw. Anyone have one? Would you recommend or do again?
Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
1: I went the expensive route and bought a black molded pony
2: send it. If you don’t feel comfortable, order it and have a shop (you trust install)
3: how close is you’re warranty up. I’d wait honestly if you’re on the fence and then go with a ngauge or handheld for a remote tune. You’re have more precision.
4: for the daily? Nope, for the track and weight yes.
5: MGW (for the win)

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Nice a performance pack with track pack that’s a rare beast indeed

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Hey everyone. So i've had my 2017 manual GT w/ performance and track pack for about a month now and I absolutely love it. I'm looking for advice/reviews/feedback on a few things below. Anything is greatly appreciated.

1. What are you guys doing with your grilles? I'm debating painting the pony logo black (I have magnet metallic paint), or even possibly removing the logo. Anyone remove it have difficulty?

2. The PP came with spoiler delete. I'm really diggin' the GT350 Track pack spoiler. Should I be worried about drilling holes in the trunk to install said spoiler? Or should I just use good 3M tape?

3. Everyone is telling me to go with the power pack 2 from ford. I got my car from a ford dealer and it still has some factory warranty as well CPO so I don't want to do anything to jeopardize those warranties. Is it worth it?

4. Drive shaft. I see a lot of talks on going to 1-piece drive shaft. I also see a lot of people complaining about chatter or clunking after going to 1-piece. Worth the change?

5. Short shifter. I'm leaning towards the Ford Performance short throw. Anyone have one? Would you recommend or do again?
When you say track pack, do you mean the ford performance track suspension kit? Which is not a factory option
And if so what make you believe that you have it?
Just curious because I have this exact same setup with a pp2

OP
OP
blakesawyer

blakesawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
When you say track pack, do you mean the ford performance track suspension kit? Which is not a factory option
And if so what make you believe that you have it?
Just curious because I have this exact same setup with a pp2
Track pack - From what I understand: Oil pressure and vacuum gauges, 3.73 rear end, sway bars

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Track pack - From what I understand: Oil pressure and vacuum gauges, 3.73 rear end, sway bars
Those are part of the PP (performance pack). Track Pack refers to the Ford Racing track pack suspension which is a step up from the performance pack suspension.

OP
OP
blakesawyer

blakesawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Those are part of the PP (performance pack). Track Pack refers to the Ford Racing track pack suspension which is a step up from the performance pack suspension.
I have track apps on the dash menus as well. Do all pp have track apps?

I thought the pp was the wheels, brembos, bigger rad, sway bars, front springs, and like a 3.55 or something bigger than base 3.15 rear end. While searching for the car, every single one I found had 3.73 with the dash gauges. I found many pp w/o 3.73 and without dash gauges

How can I tell difference in pp suspension and track pack suspension?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

I thought the pp was the wheels, brembos, bigger rad, sway bars, front springs, and like a 3.55 or something bigger than base 3.15 rear end. While searching for the car, every single one I found had 3.73 with the dash gauges. I found many pp w/o 3.73 and without dash gauges

Not sure if all GT’s have the track apps or just the PP’s do. Pretty sure all 15-17 GT’s with PP are manual with Torsen 3.73’s. Automatic’s came with 3.15’s and non PP manuals came with 3.31 rear differential. Both auto and manual non PP had an option for 3.55.

The Track Pack suspension sits a little lower than the PP suspension something like 3/4”. The spring rates are different between the 2 but not sure on all the differences between PP and track pack.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I think all mustangs have track apps since like 2013 when all mustangs got the small digital dash. There is no such thing as a factory track pack unless you have a 2010 or 13-14 that was the name used in those years. The only thing that’s called a track pack is an aftermarket ford performance suspension but I don’t think anyone even calls their car a track pack after installing that. Posting a picture of your car might help too.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP

The track suspension kit sway bars are blue instead of black and are adjustable. There are 2 holes to attach the links to the strut at the ends of the sway bar
Frankly I really doubt that you have the track suspension kit

OP
OP
blakesawyer

blakesawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I think all mustangs have track apps since like 2013 when all mustangs got the small digital dash. There is no such thing as a factory track pack unless you have a 2010 or 13-14 that was the name used in those years. The only thing that’s called a track pack is an aftermarket ford performance suspension but I don’t think anyone even calls their car a track pack after installing that. Posting a picture of your car might help too.
All that makes sense. One of the dealerships I went to told me that was the "track pack" so thats what I went with. Thanks for all the info. Some pics below

The track suspension kit sway bars are blue instead of black and are adjustable. There are 2 holes to attach the links to the strut at the ends of the sway bar
Frankly I really doubt that you have the track suspension kit
I just got under there and the rear sway bar is black. Thanks for the info
IMG_6721.JPG
IMG_8819 2.JPG

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Just to clarify 3:73’s are the only gear that comes with the Performance Package. The cars without the 3:73’s or dash gauges were marketed incorrectly.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I thought the '14 track pack became the performance pack in '15..
Sponsored