2017 GT Misfire Cylinder #7

jshaffer3819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Hey Everyone, I am having an issue with a misfire in cylinder #7. The car runs rough, CEL comes on and some times flashes. It's currently in the shop but they cant seem to figure it out either. So far, we have replaced the spark plug, fuel injector, coil pack and intake manifold (thought IMRC was bad.) Checked the compression in all cylinders and no issues there. Still getting the misfire in cylinder #7. Has anyone dealt with this or have any idea what else it could possibly be? Could it be the computer? I hope not. The car only has 2,750 miles on it so not sure what the deal is. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
I would check the plug in that cylinder, and while it's out compression check. If you don't have a compression tester rent/borrow one. You could switch coils with another cylinder and injector to see if the code hops to another spot. These motors are known to have issues with cylinder #7

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 17 F150, 00 MB C230 Kompressor
Are you certain that there’s any voltage getting to the coil in the first place? Another thought would be to take off the valve cover on that side and make sure nothing is amiss in the valvetrain.

OP
OP

jshaffer3819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks for the recommendations. They replaced the new spark plugs, less than 3k miles on them, and problem solved. The mechanic was shocked, same with me.
Sponsored