OP
J17GT

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
are you talking dyno speed limiter?
Was thinking car speed limiter. Top of 5th is 150+mph.

But now that you say that, I do believe a dyno has a speed limiter as well. Not sure what it is.
Sponsored

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT

But now that you say that, I do believe a dyno has a speed limiter as well. Not sure what it is.
Whipple tune removes the cars speed limiter at least I think it does if its still there its higher than 185

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
How streetable is this going to be ?

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That dead flat torque curve over the whole rev range is amazing. That thing must pull like a freight train all the way to redline.

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
How streetable is this going to be ?
100% streetable. You can drive it like Ms Daisy if you want to. Only issue is wearing out rear tires faster and pay attention to the speed limit if you want to have some fun because that speedometer goes up FAST. :)

I don't hesitate to drive the car anywhere. Drove it yesterday to pickup my youngest daughter from elementary school. All the other dad's in minivans just hung their heads in embarrassment. Haha

That dead flat torque curve over the whole rev range is amazing. That thing must pull like a freight train all the way to redline.
This is my first boosted car, always had n/a setups prior to this. On a n/a car you get that feeling where you reach the peak of the power band and the car starts to nose over. That just never happens. Most of the time I chicken out and shift a bit early. I need to find some better roads around here to wind it out a bit more to get used to it. First world problems I suppose. 😁

Last edited:

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Coming from a vortech centri mustang moving to this monster it is night and day with the pedal. Centri took time to build and to get peak power you had to get the rpms to peak and keep them there. I could still light them ip on command bit a bit more clutch was needed and not as violent. Whipple is just there. Low rpm, mid or high. Push go pedal and hang on.

i too keep running out of road to really stretch the car.

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
I think it's just the Magnetic cars, they always dyno very well! haha!!

Love my stage 1 Whipple kit. I can't complain at all about the Whipple tune (always ran good right out of the box), the power it put down all stock otherwise, or how well the kit is holding up 2 years and 10k miles of smiles later.

Sponsored
OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I think it's just the Magnetic cars, they always dyno very well! haha!!

Love my stage 1 Whipple kit. I can't complain at all about the Whipple tune (always ran good right out of the box), the power it put down all stock otherwise, or how well the kit is holding up 2 years and 10k miles of smiles later.
Ha! I'm just hoping my stock cats hold up as well as yours have!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
100% streetable. You can drive it like Ms Daisy if you want to. Only issue is wearing out rear tires faster and pay attention to the speed limit if you want to have some fun because that speedometer goes up FAST. :)

I don't hesitate to drive the car anywhere. Drove it yesterday to pickup my youngest daughter from elementary school. All the other dad's in minivans just hung their heads in embarrassment. Haha

This is my first boosted car, always had n/a setups prior to this. On a n/a car you get that feeling where you reach the peak of the power band and the car starts to nose over. That just never happens. Most of the time I chicken out and shift a bit early. I need to find some better roads around here to wind it out a bit more to get used to it. First world problems I suppose. 😁
A boosted car is fun. Having owned three Z06's, I can attest to that.

L1ONKN6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
similar numbers to mine 16GT 3.73gears Gen5 stage 2 on 3.875 and 91oct. 703.4whp and 555.7lb

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I will give that a try tomorrow.
It makes a difference for sure. Traction control is torque based, so with the extra torque it throws it for a loop. Turn it off and see what you think.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase

It's the car speed limiter. There is a hard coded limiter that the tune can't remove. I believe it's around 183 or so.
Sponsored