Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen this vid before, and for me, if I had the choice between supercharger whine, or an 8250 RPM wail....I'm picking the wail.

For the record, I originally was waiting for the ZL1 reveal. I got antsy, and couldn't wait any longer, then started to look at the 350 and fell in love. When I started to call dealers on their 350's, I found out (late winter to early spring 2016) all dealers were asking ADM. That only fueled my hunt for an MSRP deal. Now that I've drank from the 350 well, I'm completely hooked and addicted. Many who have sampled the 350 drug would agree. Forget the bench racing, the 350 experience is unparalleled for anywhere near the price.
I know right, mine sould angry driving down the Autobahn srceaming "get out of my way" to slow cars infront of me.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Not so fast. There's a sidebar to that. The auto is indeed faster. It was noted by MT that Randy ran the fastest lap in the a10, but it was off camera.
Oooooooohhhhhhh... then that is a problem. The auto was only a shade quicker?... you can have the auto.

I'll take the stick and the auto-blip.

Graniteville, eh... seems we're right down the road from each other.

Last edited:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Am I the only one who hasn't complained about my paint quality? I actually have almost zero orange peel.

Race red guys, comments?
Overall, my Race Red paint is pretty good. There are a few places where there is some underlying blotchyness, which can only be seen in direct sunlight. In one location on the hood, I can see grinding marks under the paint? I'm OK with it; like my wife always says: "I know what I was marrying".

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
I've seen this vid before, and for me, if I had the choice between supercharger whine, or an 8250 RPM wail....I'm picking the wail.

For the record, I originally was waiting for the ZL1 reveal. I got antsy, and couldn't wait any longer, then started to look at the 350 and fell in love. When I started to call dealers on their 350's, I found out (late winter to early spring 2016) all dealers were asking ADM. That only fueled my hunt for an MSRP deal. Now that I've drank from the 350 well, I'm completely hooked and addicted. Many who have sampled the 350 drug would agree. Forget the bench racing, the 350 experience is unparalleled for anywhere near the price.
I too was in the market for a GT350 last year. I was actually pretty close on a 2017. I don't want my posts here to be misconstrued as just another trolling troublemaker. I've had a taste of them all, and am a fan of the GT350 like you guys. But where I break with many here is in thinking the base car or the R are so good they are worth more than msrp. I've never paid sticker and don't plan to. I also can't understand how some folks absolutely cannot give credit where it's due. It's a fact that the R loses to the ZL1 in every performance metric. And it costs less! Me stating that fact should not spur any combative comments or any other senseless rhetoric. I love talking cars with people. We don't always have to see eye to eye, but when the responses get childish, I can go there too. But i mean no harm here. I understand the draw to the Shelby. But for me, after considering it, and now owning a ZL1 auto, I'm glad I chose the Camaro. This is a new level for Camaro just like the 350 is a new level for Mustang.

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I too was in the market for a GT350 last year. I was actually pretty close on a 2017. I don't want my posts here to be misconstrued as just another trolling troublemaker. I've had a taste of them all, and am a fan of the GT350 like you guys. But where I break with many here is in thinking the base car or the R are so good they are worth more than msrp. I've never paid sticker and don't plan to. I also can't understand how some folks absolutely cannot give credit where it's due. It's a fact that the R loses to the ZL1 in every performance metric. And it costs less! Me stating that fact should not spur any combative comments or any other senseless rhetoric. I love talking cars with people. We don't always have to see eye to eye, but when the responses get childish, I can go there too. But i mean no harm here. I understand the draw to the Shelby. But for me, after considering it, and now owning a ZL1 auto, I'm glad I chose the Camaro. This is a new level for Camaro just like the 350 is a new level for Mustang.
DON'T CALL IT A SHELBY! j/k

Best wishes with your ZL1. All these cars should be illegal...

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Oooooooohhhhhhh... then that is a problem. The auto was only a shade quicker?... you can have the auto.

I'll take the stick and the auto-blip.

Graniteville, eh... seems we're right down the road from each other.
You're the guy whose R was in PP001's post a while back right? I've met him before. Hopefully he'll allow my ZL1 at his house soon. The auto has rev match too.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
. I also can't understand how some folks absolutely cannot give credit where it's due.
When a Chevy guy comes on my Ford web site just to put down my Ford and say that his Chevy is better - he would be really dumb to think I'm going to be all roses and sunshine.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I was out at a car show today and I wasn't even initiating any conversation when I had two guys out of the blue say , this thing beat the ZL1 in the motor trend head to head. I said it to both guys. didn't win the performance categories but it's such a great driver that it won't the overall critics choice. A driver's car... A friggin great driver. I said, when the next SE comes next year, it'll make a clean sweep.

On a side note, the camaro guys were trying not to look my car over...but some couldn't resist. Seemed like they hated me...oh well. Everyone else loved the car ;)

Sponsored

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
When a Chevy guy comes on my Ford web site just to put down my Ford and say that his Chevy is better - he would be really dumb to think I'm going to be all roses and sunshine.
Once again. I frequent Dodge, Ford, and Chevy forums. In the last 3 years I've had them all. And you know what's crazy. They were all great cars. Neither was junk compared to the other. Neither lived in the repair shop. Neither left me stranded. I read threads here all the time. Do I randomly chime in to talk GT350 competitors? No. But when I see a thread comparing the mighty R to my ZL1 (I've seen the video, too), I figure that's grounds to chime in, especially when the result was a little questionable in my opinion. Some of you guys could stand to lighten up a little. We're all driving cars that are better because of this friendly competition. The Halo Mustangs and Camaros no longer have to described as "good for the money". They're now legit world beating sports cars. Don't know about you, but I'm glad all 3 of the Big 3 have products to talk about, and not just one. Enjoy the times. Just don't line up with any ZL1's while doing so. Lol.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Once again. I frequent Dodge, Ford, and Chevy forums. In the last 3 years I've had them all. And you know what's crazy. They were all great cars. Neither was junk compared to the other. Neither lived in the repair shop. Neither left me stranded. I read threads here all the time. Do I randomly chime in to talk GT350 competitors? No. But when I see a thread comparing the mighty R to my ZL1 (I've seen the video, too), I figure that's grounds to chime in, especially when the result was a little questionable in my opinion. Some of you guys could stand to lighten up a little. We're all driving cars that are better because of this friendly competition. The Halo Mustangs and Camaros no longer have to described as "good for the money". They're now legit world beating sports cars. Don't know about you, but I'm glad all 3 of the Big 3 have products to talk about, and not just one. Enjoy the times. Just don't line up with any ZL1's while doing so. Lol.
I could not agree more! I have not owned a ZL1 but does a Supercharged 700 RWHP C7 count? ;) I also had a 17 GT350 and now a Challenger Hellcat. All three cars are amazing cars. Growing up in the mid 70's and 80's I never imagined we would ever see powerful American cars again.

The Chevy L88, Ford side-oiler 427 and the Dodge 426 Hemi were all power legends. Today, they would be considered mid level performance engines. Seeing manufacturers put out cars with 650-840 HP makes it a wonderful time to be alive! I appreciate all of the big 3 manufacturers that are giving us these super-cars at prices a lot of people can actually afford. I'm manufacturer agnostic and I hope they each keeps pushing the others to new levels of power and performance.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
I could not agree more! I have not owned a ZL1 but does a Supercharged 700 RWHP C7 count? ;) I also had a 17 GT350 and now a Challenger Hellcat. All three cars are amazing cars. Growing up in the mid 70's and 80's I never imagined we would ever see powerful American cars again.

The Chevy L88, Ford side-oiler 427 and the Dodge 426 Hemi were all power legends. Today, they would be considered mid level performance engines. Seeing manufacturers put out cars with 650-840 HP makes it a wonderful time to be alive! I appreciate all of the big 3 manufacturers that are giving us these super-cars at prices a lot of people can actually afford. I'm manufacturer agnostic and I hope they each keeps pushing the others to new levels of power and performance.
It's a great time for us car guys indeed. Exactly why I cruise the forums.