Sponsored

2017 Blk/Blk Base Gt Procharger F1A Build...

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
*Update*

Changed the motor and blower oil over the weekend and everything looked good. Drilled 4 holes under the hood for the washer hose clips, which was 100% sketchy and felt wrong haha. Then me and my buddy adjusted the fender/hood gaps yesterday and now the hood really looks like it came on the car from the factory.

My Alky Control methanol kit arrived this weekend, but I’m still waiting on the VMP iat breakout sensor to show up. Looks like a lot of wires after opening up the box so I’m probably in for a treat with this install lol. Also I got a new more aggressive “race” timing map with another 3-4* over my current file (once I start spraying) for the track and Mexico. 8’s here we come!!
D15AE664-A58C-4629-9C0F-E1308105EE12.jpeg
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
*Update*

Changed the motor and blower oil over the weekend and everything looked good. Drilled 4 holes under the hood for the washer hose clips, which was 100% sketchy and felt wrong haha. Then me and my buddy adjusted the fender/hood gaps yesterday and now the hood really looks like it came on the car from the factory.

My Alky Control methanol kit arrived this weekend, but I’m still waiting on the VMP iat breakout sensor to show up. Looks like a lot of wires after opening up the box so I’m probably in for a treat with this install lol. Also I got a new more aggressive “race” timing map with another 3-4* over my current file (once I start spraying) for the track and Mexico. 8’s here we come!!
Awesome!!

I just got my Alky system dialed in. Went from 15-16* of timing @ 11-12psi to 21* timing @ 13.5+. IATs went from +40 to +20-25. Exhaust gas temp dropped 100-200F. Extremely happy with the Alky kit, if you have any questions when installing feel free to ask.

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Awesome!!

I just got my Alky system dialed in. Went from 15-16* of timing @ 11-12psi to 21* timing @ 13.5+. IATs went from +40 to +20-25. Exhaust gas temp dropped 100-200F. Extremely happy with the Alky kit, if you have any questions when installing feel free to ask.
Yea the kit should work well with my large centri and really help with heat especially once we pulley down and lean on it. Sounds like the kit is working great on your car. Cool brotha I’ll shoot you a pm because any tips would be helpful!

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Couple of quick pics of my drag setup after I got caught in some rain on the way home today. Apparently the M&H’s do ok in the rain lol.

Also for those that don’t visit the drag section, here’s a vid of my best pass from the track last Saturday!

Doesn't get any more #RealStreetCar than hitting the strip after a rain shower! :headbang:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Damn, I've been MIA in checking the projects section...missed loads of updates on your build!

That Cervinis hood looks gorgeous. As much as I love my Trufiber Ram Air hood, the cowl Cervinis is one of my favorites on these cars! Loving it :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Doesn't get any more #RealStreetCar than hitting the strip after a rain shower! :headbang:
For sure! The car is on the road rain or shine, although a bit sketchy in the rain on dr’s lol. After me and my dad left the track, we picked up my fiancé and baby then went and grabbed pizza

Damn, I've been MIA in checking the projects section...missed loads of updates on your build!

That Cervinis hood looks gorgeous. As much as I love my Trufiber Ram Air hood, the cowl Cervinis is one of my favorites on these cars! Loving it :D
Yea I’ve been buying all kinds of shit lately hahaha! I’ve been keeping tabs on everything tho so if I did it, it’s in here brotha.

Appreciate it bro! I loved the 4” cowl since I saw it the first time on a blue 5.0 before I even bought my car. It really changed the look of the car and now it looks as badass as it sounds

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
My Driveshaft Shop 2000hp axles showed up yesterday and I was able to install them today! They look really beefy compared to the stockers (especially the passenger side lol). Used a “how to” from American Muscle my buddy sent me which made install really straightforward...I was able to knock it out in about 2 hours. Here’s a link for anyone interested:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/dss-halfshaft-800hp-rh-2015-cust-install.html
8211C47D-D316-4EE2-A599-D7C9A9D377A5.jpeg

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
Man love reading your thread. Car looks good with those Forgestar. Makes me want to get some.

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Man love reading your thread. Car looks good with those Forgestar. Makes me want to get some.
Thanks brotha, appreciate it! Yea the forgestars have a really nice fit/finish, are super light and have a reasonable price tag.

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
I finally got around to installing the Alky control kit after looking at it sit on my bench for a few weeks lol. I took my time working on it for a few hours here and there over last week which was kinda nice. Ran all lines, wires and relay as clean as possible and kept it all pretty hidden, except in the glove box hahaha.

I used the factory washer tank for my reservoir and tucked the injection pump right behind it mounted to the undertray near the front bumper so it’s nice and solid. Ran the feed line out of the pump to the inline filter, zip tied that to the framerail then ran under my intercooler pipe to the nozzle on the bottom. The relay is behind the engine bay fuse box mounted to the strut tower using an existing hole with a short bolt/nyloc nut and I incorporated the relay wires into the factory wire loom so it blends right in. Used fuse #66 (backup cam) for a switched power trigger and grounded it to an existing ground on the strut tower. Ran the power wire and 1/4” vacuum line behind the fuse box, through the frame rail then back across the wheel well and into the cabin through the rubber grommet below the battery box. Ran the pump wire loom along the same path as well.

Connected/soldered/installed my progressive controller, gain box and 2.5 bar map sensor in the glove box then put my turn on led next to the glove box release button. After everything was finished I filled the tank with 100% meth and tested the system to make sure it was functioning and leak free, which it wasn’t. After tightening up the check valve fitting on the nozzle and fixing the leak I had to bleed the system of air by removing the line at the nozzle and pumping a few water bottles full of meth. Then I retested the system and it works perfectly...after just two short test sprays rev idling at 2500rpm my I/c pipe was freezing cold!!

Headed to my buddies today to install Vmp’s Iat breakout kit in the intake manifold so I can use actual post meth iats for my tune and then I need to play with the settings on the progressive controller to see what works best. Really happy with the kit and how everything turned out...cant wait to put it to use and see what it does at the track!
A5852DB9-C0A6-41A2-AB8B-7A5A347B4F32.jpeg
F5018BD8-148A-47DC-9463-38AB3CAD920E.jpeg
095767BC-EE56-4DB5-81E1-BE4B70236C34.jpeg
CDFC7173-C873-4C8F-9774-02281EBEB132.jpeg
204FB87D-CB7B-460B-A060-A5BBE0BD6B8E.jpeg
0B3B16F2-801B-4F0E-8247-998F51BE50AD.jpeg
6634BD7A-839B-4775-A127-3120E8FC6AAD.jpeg
B67EC76D-67A9-48D8-A6BA-685CED090ED4.jpeg

Sponsored

Gray8188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
I finally pulled the trigger a few weeks ago on a 10.2” nav upgrade and installed it yesterday! It was shipped quickly from China (6 days to Cali), packed securely and showed up perfect. Install is a giant pita since there’s no directions, but there’s a thread in the nav section that has good detailed info and tips. Side by side it dwarfs the stock 4” screen. Everything works as it should and the system really gives the interior a different more luxurious look.
Incredible job on the build. Probably one of my favorites on this site great attention to detail. And how are you liking this radio now? I was thinking about picking up the Tesla style but might like this a little more due to it retaining the factory a/c controls. And do you have a link from where you got it? Thanks.

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Incredible job on the build. Probably one of my favorites on this site great attention to detail. And how are you liking this radio now? I was thinking about picking up the Tesla style but might like this a little more due to it retaining the factory a/c controls. And do you have a link from where you got it? Thanks.
Thanks man, I appreciate it! We tried to keep everything as clean/stock looking as possible. Overall the radio is great as far as music streaming and functionality goes. Backup cam is huge so you can see everything lol. Only issue I have (which is my fault) is people have been saying it’s a bit echoey and hard to hear me on phone calls, but I think it’s my location of the mic.

I chose this unit over the Tesla for that very reason because people were complaining about having to wait for it to boot before being able to turn on the ac etc. Here’s the link:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/2GB-Android-...ion-BT-WIFI-/253125751859?txnId=2206297031015

OP
OP
BlownOne

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Went to my buddies yesterday to install my VMP iat sensor in my intake manifold and after hitting 2 Home Depot’s and 1 Lowe’s we finally found a 3/8” npt tap at Ace hardware. With a little bit of creativity we were able to drill/tap the driver rear runner without completely removing the manifold, which was nice. Everything went smoothly with the exception of my car eating a 8mm snap-on socket. We hit the threads with some Right Stuff gasket maker to help seal it up, ran the wire loom as clean as possible and covered the brass sensor with some heat shrink. Honestly I’m really happy with how clean the meth kit and iat sensor install turned out becuase you can’t see anything from the meth kit and the iat sensor looks like it belongs there.

Iats now read about 20* over ambient (iat usually was 3* over ambient when reading off the i/c) and the one test hit I was able to do on the way home I saw iat drop into the 60’s during a 3rd gear hit. Going to play with the settings on the meth kit over the next few days and try to dial it in for the best iats possible!
9832A8DC-1F58-42A0-B819-3F612E9BD461.jpeg

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
My Driveshaft Shop 2000hp axles showed up yesterday and I was able to install them today! They look really beefy compared to the stockers (especially the passenger side lol).
Did you happen to weigh them before the install? Any noticeable acceleration hit due to increased mass?
Sponsored