Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Either 8/15 or 8/17. Relieved there's no delay on the leather seats.
That’s awesome! Great to hear! I just ordered last week... so I was curious as to how long you’ve waited until you got it.

Now that you have the vin, can you now start to track the build process and what not? I’m not really sure at what “stage” of the processs the VIN becomes released to you... once the official order has been received? Once the cars already half built?
Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I've been tracking my LB GT350 - it finished production 9/21 and has been in "awaiting transit" mode since. COTUS says this stage usually only lasts 1 week - is this typical? Car is heading for central PA.

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
Mine took almost two months waiting for transit. Others go out right away. Difficult to predict. Best of luck for a speedy delivery.

cutter1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So I now have a VIN on the COTUS website. However i still do not have an estimated build date. Anyone else have this issue?

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Mine took almost two months waiting for transit. Others go out right away. Difficult to predict. Best of luck for a speedy delivery.
How accurate is the estimated delivery date? Mine hasn't changed at Oct 15, but vehicle is still awaiting transit. Says 9 days until delivery!

Sponsored

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
That’s awesome! Great to hear! I just ordered last week... so I was curious as to how long you’ve waited until you got it.

Now that you have the vin, can you now start to track the build process and what not? I’m not really sure at what “stage” of the processs the VIN becomes released to you... once the official order has been received? Once the cars already half built?
I don't know all the details on the overall process but COTUS say mine is built and awaiting transit. Hope that means delivery soon! I do know that the vin was only available recently.

cutter1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
AmaC8487, If you have yours waiting transit you are ahead of me. I ordered a 2018 on 8/3/17. The order is still in process but did show up on COTUS finally. I have a VIN but no build date on the site yet. How long did it take you to go through the process?

Wetarded Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 - J0238

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90909

I have my COTUS chronical thus far at the aforementioned link, starting with my order date.

HotLap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
How accurate is the estimated delivery date? Mine hasn't changed at Oct 15, but vehicle is still awaiting transit. Says 9 days until delivery!
Rick generally your estimated delivery date will be adjusted once it is in transit. Till then they generally just leave it as is. I've never been lucky enough to have my car start the in transit phase in a week. For me it's usually between 3 - 6 weeks, could be because I'm on the West Coast though.

Sponsored

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
My original delivery date was 9/16 until the car went into Transit status and it was changed to 9/22. The car was delivered on 9/20.

Just a data point. Also, you probably know this, but your dealer can track the rail and tell you what towns it is passing through once the transit process starts.

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
AmaC8487, If you have yours waiting transit you are ahead of me. I ordered a 2018 on 8/3/17. The order is still in process but did show up on COTUS finally. I have a VIN but no build date on the site yet. How long did it take you to go through the process?
Hey there. Sorry didn't see you wrote back. No, I still cannot find mine on COTUS for some reason... I believe I have all the correct information, but nothing is coming up..

Off your order form, did you go by the "order code" listed at the top right of the page? I have mine but its pretty blurry to read... maybe I am typing it in wrong?

Can anyone else make out the "Order Code" I think it is J311?
IMG_3993.JPG

Wetarded Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 - J0238
Hey there. Sorry didn't see you wrote back. No, I still cannot find mine on COTUS for some reason... I believe I have all the correct information, but nothing is coming up..

Off your order form, did you go by the "order code" listed at the top right of the page? I have mine but its pretty blurry to read... maybe I am typing it in wrong?

Can anyone else make out the "Order Code" I think it is J311?
I believe the reason you are unable to located your order in COTUS is the statement located below "Customer Signature". Your Preview Order Sheet states that your order is not in the Ford order bank yet. You may want to confirm your dealer has an allocation and/or you Ford picked up the order.

Once your order has been accepted by Ford, that statement about the order bank will vanish, and the invoice statement will remain.

Last edited:

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
I believe the reason you are unable to located your order in COTUS is the statement located below "Customer Signature". Your Preview Order Sheet states that your order is not in the Ford order bank yet. You may want to confirm your dealer has an allocation and/or you Ford picked up the order.

Once your order has been accepted by Ford, that statement about the order bank will vanish, and the invoice statement will remain.

Ahh can’t believe I never even noticed that at the bottom! Yeah he sent me that just before he said he was putting the order in. I will have to check with him to assure that the order has infact been placed already. Thanks for that find!

Seanforney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor Lead Foot/ 2018 GT350 Shadow Blac
Got an update on Cotus today, must be moving right along with the 18 builds. Ordered mine on 08/29, called they said was scheduled to be built on 11/07, this week went into production early 10/22, now updated with a delivery date of 12/04. Super excited!!!! 39 DAYS UNTIL DELIVERY!!!!
Sponsored