Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
NO PAYMENT??? YOU ROB A BANK??? :ninja:
Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
NO PAYMENT??? YOU ROB A BANK??? :ninja:
:lol: no I was going to finance half of it just to have something building my credit more since we had to pay literally everything off to refinance our house. But it was to tempting to just take it today and say screw it :headbonk:

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
:lol: no I was going to finance half of it just to have something building my credit more since we had to pay literally everything off to refinance our house. But it was to tempting to just take it today and say screw it :headbonk:

I must be in the wrong business???? I guess I need to start selling more granite countertops or change my business plan! :frusty:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I must be in the wrong business???? I guess I need to start selling more granite countertops or change my business plan! :frusty:
:lol: You've got quite the list of toys there yourself :cheers: I'd love to have 2 GT350's especially one of each!!! The GT350 looks amazing next to the GS though.

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The shadow black looks amazing when properly cleaned and waxed...!
It will be all cleaned up today. Should I wait a period before waxing it?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It will be all cleaned up today. Should I wait a period before waxing it?
Are you getting any PPF put on? If so, don't wax it. Just wash with a bit of dish soap and water. Ask the PPF guy to clay bar it to get out the rail dust. Carefull of the stripes they scratch real easy. Cleaned mine up yesterday . Was suprised that I had not one nick or scratch on the carbon rims in 500 miles.
20161130_153928.jpg
20161130_154036.jpg

Last edited:

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
My PPF looks awesome. I have no reservations. I also got the whole car coated with CQuartz Finest. Looks great. No wax, no polish, just wax and renew with detailer. Sounds like it's too easy.

My first car to do this. I'm use to the Zaino Claybar, Z5, Z2, Z8 system. I'm impressed so far with CQuartz Finest.

Anyway, my guy doesn't claybar. They use something called IronX. It dissolves contaminants. That said, you'll have to research whether it can be used on straight clear coat (I believe it can). The product is made by CarPro (who makes CQuartz). But pretty sure it can be used, there's a few other manufactures that make the same type of product.

R

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what I'm going to do as far as that's concerned honestly. The car wont be driven that much maybe a couple thousand a year if that but I do want to protect the Black paint. I know to be careful with the stripes I've actually installed vinyl many times in the past. Planning on adding the Red pin stripes as soon as I can order them. Whats the width of them from the factory? 1/4" or so?

Sponsored

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
If it was me and because I did it on my 16 and I'm going to do it on my 17
Cause Im having mine done Monday.

I would clay bar the car B4 taking it to be PPF.

The only reason I say that, will the guy that is installing the PPF going to clay bar it as good as you would? Probably Not?

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
If it was me and because I did it on my 16 and I'm going to do it on my 17
Cause Im having mine done Monday.

I would clay bar the car B4 taking it to be PPF.

The only reason I say that, will the guy that is installing the PPF going to clay bar it as good as you would? Probably Not?
Well, haha, I see your point. It all depends on the installer/detailer. The place I went to was a partnership (detailer and PPF installer and they work together in the same shop). He did "new car prep", which includes paint correction, my car is smooth as a newborn baby on Christmas day. And I actually had a scratch on my roof...from where I have no f*&king idea. But he basically made it invisible. Even went and got the lightning blue touchup paint.

So, like I said, all depends how good the guys are. Some shops wouldn't do claybar, but I imagine most of them would prep it...would they actually trap the contaminants under the film? That's cray cray.

If you can find someone that does CQuartz Finest I imagine they're pretty good. That stuff isn't sold to just anyone. You must be trained by CarPro before you can offer it.

Anyway. All up to you. These cars aren't cheap. All my other cars I did the claybar and am quite familiar with it, but I figured I'd let the pros handle this one hehe.

R

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Totally Agree with You! My guy does clay bar it and I trust him to do a good job.

On my 16 I did the clay bar and he went over it with a clay bar. So it got done twice. I figured if I missed a spot he got it! (which I didn't LOL).

If I could apply the PPF I would! I'm just an anal perfectionist and know if I do it, it's done wright. But I've seen them apply it to a GT350 (mine). I know I don't have the skill to do it.

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Ya, hell no. No way I'd do it myself. I'm sure I maaaay be able to get it looking pretty good, but I would probably waste more material then it would cost for me to pay someone to do it.

These guys do this all day long, every day, I'm pretty good at detailing my car with the traditional methods, but this stuff. PPF, CQuartz; the products are too expensive to be messing around with. And I can assure you that there's no way I could do what my installers did.

Haha, as for the clay bar, I just didn't wanna take a hard, clay bar to my car... :p

I'm not sure if he clayed it or just did the IronX contaminant or just polished with a power buffer...all I know is he did a great job and I don't feel any of the contaminants typically associated with not claying.

Just some info though. He laughed when I asked about claybar. He said, no need for that ever again. Spray on IronX, wait 15mins, wash off with wool mitt and soap...done. Smooth as butter. I haven't tried it yet cause the car only has 500km, but it sounds like a dream haha!

Okgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R 2012 Boss Mustang
I took my GT350R and had three coats of cquartz finest and Ppf on front the week after car was delivered. The detailer said there was quite of bit of correction on the car. This guy basically has a clean room with massive lighting to view all flaws. Point being IMHO If the detailer is a professional. He will go over entire car prior to Ppf and/or coating.

Also, I highly recommend the wheel off coating for wheels, wheel wells and suspension. Makes cleaning a breeze.
Sponsored