Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Wow! Congrats! You'll be at my stage soon. Wondering when the hell its gonna hitch a train ride!! Mine has been in released from plant for a few weeks now. My next status would be "awaiting shipping"

R
Thanks Rob, yeah, yours seems to be taking its time to get on the train:(
It's my guess, that they needed to get a full load going your way before it takes off. I bet your very excited.

As someone who's provided us all with great inside info, you certainly deserve it - congrats.

Can you elaborate on what CLEAN status means?
Thanks Roland, i appreciate that! Most of the fun is the journey, so i'm not wishing it over fast.
Clean is the first 'solid' step in the process. Meaning ford has viewed the order and threw it in the clean pile 'all systems go'. Shortly it will be scheduled and then after that, maybe a couple weeks a VIN.
Things really start to come together after Clean status, but there can always be a hold for materials or some other act of God.
Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Jim, I agree, they're not gonna send a whole train with just my R. Although I'd like them too lol

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Up to HR147 today with what seemed like 10 Lightning blue in a row! Looks like this color is gonna be #3 behind white #2 and black #1. Did see there was a Grabber blue made, so they are out there.

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Up to HR147 today with what seemed like 10 Lightning blue in a row! Looks like this color is gonna be #3 behind white #2 and black #1. Did see there was a Grabber blue made, so they are out there.
Just got my VIN today! Getting CLOSE! :cheers:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Congrats! No vin yet but they said my build date is 9/19. I just ordered wheels today too!
Two weeks from build date you usually get the VIN

Just got my VIN today! Getting CLOSE! :cheers:
Congrats BossHog, excellent news! I didnt check today but will friday. Whens your build date?

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
My build date is the week of Sept. 26th. . . so delivery in Mid to Late Oct. I'd imagine. . . but been through this before, getting quite good at letting things naturally unfold. I don't think I'll see much time on the roads this Fall or Winter with the Cup 2's - really thinking to pick up a set of replica R wheels and Pilot Super Sports for normal use and keeping the CF wheels and CUP 2's for the track.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah, ill be doing the same. With any luck I'll be able to get an expel wrap on it before its time to put away for winter. I may have the same build week as you, we'll see tomorrow. Mine may be a couple weeks later.

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
My build date is the week of Sept. 26th. . . so delivery in Mid to Late Oct. I'd imagine. . . but been through this before, getting quite good at letting things naturally unfold. I don't think I'll see much time on the roads this Fall or Winter with the Cup 2's - really thinking to pick up a set of replica R wheels and Pilot Super Sports for normal use and keeping the CF wheels and CUP 2's for the track.
I was thinking of replica R wheels for my R as well. But where do you buy them? Is there a manufacturer out there? I'd like to throw normal PSS on there as well...at least I think I do...I'll prolly change my mind after driving it. haha

Also! My R has been loaded on the RAIL CAR!! It's coming!

R

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
I was thinking of replica R wheels for my R as well. But where do you buy them? Is there a manufacturer out there? I'd like to throw normal PSS on there as well...at least I think I do...I'll prolly change my mind after driving it. haha

Also! My R has been loaded on the RAIL CAR!! It's coming!

R
I gather you have to call Need 4 Speed Motorsports to get the replica R wheels. I tried finding them on their site and it's really impossible - terrible site guys for navigating. The only Mustang their drop down menu incl. is a Mustang Vert. .
That said call them. A friend of mine picked up a set of replica wheels shipped to the West coast for $1640 all in.

Cheap insurance I'd say for a set of CF wheels in the 5 digit bracket ++ and who knows how much to fix if you say curb one (eek!!!!)

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I debated the wheels but this isnt my daily. I'm drivin with them on. It would be nice tho, that when the cup2s ware out, there would be an mpss tire of the same size to fit the R carbons. I still need to find a shop that has a "touch free" tire installer/remover.

Ro, mine didnt schedule, it'll most likely be a early oct. build.

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I debated the wheels but this isnt my daily. I'm drivin with them on. It would be nice tho, that when the cup2s ware out, there would be an mpss tire of the same size to fit the R carbons. I still need to find a shop that has a "touch free" tire installer/remover.

Ro, mine didnt schedule, it'll most likely be a early oct. build.
Ya, my dealer actually told me he hasn't seen an R delivered as fast as mine in the last 3 years he's been doing it.

Touch free tire installer? Do those exist?

R

KS10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R
Ordered my R on 4/14. Got word yesterday that the order was just allocated. Hope they get it built before the winter shutdown! Fingers crossed.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ya, my dealer actually told me he hasn't seen an R delivered as fast as mine in the last 3 years he's been doing it.

Touch free tire installer? Do those exist?

R
Well.. to an extent touch free. It basically doesnt touch the rim portion of the wheel.

Variance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2017 Shelby GT350
Got my window sticker today, and it looks like I have a blend date of 9/7. The excitement is building...
Sponsored