Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

DaHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350. H0917. Race Red
Uptown Ford in Milwaukee......I've owned Mustangs for 31 years and Uptown Ford was one of the best dealers I've ever worked with....I visited roughly 15 Ford dealers in SE Wisconsin and most wouldn't even speak to me or had some ridiculous ADM....got mine at MSRP

Ordered: April 19
Built: July 20
Delivered: August 4

Chasis H0917
Sponsored

Last edited:

jma406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350,1962 406 S/S,64 Falcon B/FX, BOSS KK1215
I was going to order from Richard B. at Uptown but he quoted me $1000 over sticker so I ordered from Elkhorn Motors for sticker price. Because they are a small dealership, now I wait.

DaHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350. H0917. Race Red
I worked directly with the GM at Uptown Ford, John Pentler.....great experience

They are a presidents award winner so they get cars sooner.....at least that is what I was told

Last edited:

Wayne Turner

Living life and loving it
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350,1970 GSX 1987 Buick GN
[/URL][/IMG]

First apologies for asking the question. I'm sure the information exists in here but I'm searching for the information on a phone so I could ask or spend hours looking for it. I have a window sticker. Blend number is 120160809 which I assume is August 9th of 2016. What are the estimated time lines assuming nothing get put on hold awaiting parts or materials? Final destination Dallas area Texas. There's a 1117 by blend, but I hope that doesn't read Nov 2017 to go down the line? My birthday is the 22nd of this month so if something significant happened with the car on that date, that would be obviously awesome. Oh, and it's my sons 27th birthday today. His name is Shelby. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
[/URL][/IMG]

First apologies for asking the question. I'm sure the information exists in here but I'm searching for the information on a phone so I could ask or spend hours looking for it. I have a window sticker. Blend number is 120160809 which I assume is August 9th of 2016. What are the estimated time lines assuming nothing get put on hold awaiting parts or materials? Final destination Dallas area Texas. There's a 1117 by blend, but I hope that doesn't read Nov 2017 to go down the line? My birthday is the 22nd of this month so if something significant happened with the car on that date, that would be obviously awesome. Oh, and it's my sons 27th birthday today. His name is Shelby. Thanks in advance.
Congrats! Blend date is typically the actual time it goes down the assembly line. A few days more to get any stripe work done, then the wait to get it shipped is usually within a week, and a month to get to texas. Thats a round about time frame. It could be a week sooner or a couple weeks later...rare occasions longer but that will be the norm.

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Hey Wayne,

I was able to get my window sticker only 1 week prior to it rolling down the line. I was told by FordService (here on the forum) that my build date was August 4, it was on the line August 4. My blend date on the sticker was 20160805, I'm guessing it was finished up August 5 with stripes, wing and wheels and parked in the lot, awaiting shipping.

Rob

[/URL][/IMG]

Wayne Turner

Living life and loving it
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350,1970 GSX 1987 Buick GN
Hey guys. I appreciate the responses. It's not that I'm in that big of a hurry for the car. I just like information. Sounds like assuming things go as planned, 4-6 weeks would be an estimated time to receive it. Looking forward to getting back into the Ford world. Been GM loyal for 25 years and ready for change.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hey guys. I appreciate the responses. It's not that I'm in that big of a hurry for the car. I just like information. Sounds like assuming things go as planned, 4-6 weeks would be an estimated time to receive it. Looking forward to getting back into the Ford world. Been GM loyal for 25 years and ready for change.
Wayne, congratulations on your upcoming GT350 and welcome to becoming a new member of the "Blue Oval" clan.

I suggest that you will be pleasantly surprised with driving experience of your new GT350 as they are incredible automobiles.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ry1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350 convenience pk, shadow black
Hi Wayne: I live in Houston, TX area. My car is scheduled for build date around yours (mine is on 8/10). I was just notified of estimated delivery of 9/5. So, we will see.:)

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I'm sure a lot of people do this (maybe not), but I was either thinking of getting my dad's plate number from his 67 289 Mustang GT, personalizing it and putting it on my R or getting the chassis number of the R and making that my plate.

So

HG111

(if 111 is my chassis)

Mach, do u know how the chassis numbers work? R the R's always HG? Maybe I should ask Gotti.

R

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Was told the line shut down thursday due to sourcing delays with parts for the lincolns. I guess they are having the plant shut down this week instead. He tells me no scheduling either so we're stuck where we're at for another week.

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
Was told the line shut down thursday due to sourcing delays with parts for the lincolns. I guess they are having the plant shut down this week instead. He tells me no scheduling either so we're stuck where we're at for another week.
Well I hope my car got built this week. It was supposed to be done Friday. Latest vehicle status report from dealer says sent to plant, but not produced :(

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Well I hope my car got built this week. It was supposed to be done Friday. Latest vehicle SD status info from dealer still says sent to plant, but not produced :(
I feel your pain!
Sponsored