Sponsored

2016 Shelby GT350 Configurator (Build & Price) Is Up!!!!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I bet people are gonna be pissed that you can't get Recaro seats with the tech pack.

What am I missing (I'm usually missing)
Everyone with a tech pack car is well aware. Anyone who wants one and doesnt have one on order may not be able to get a MY16 anyway :lol:
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
My 2 choices; Black with white and white with blue
That white with blue stripes is just beautiful. Especially with the red pinstripes.

I went with the bold yellow and black, just like the show car from Chicago I think it was.

-T
GT350_Configurator_Photo.jpg

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
That white with blue stripes is just beautiful. Especially with the red pinstripes.

I went with the bold yellow and black, just like the show car from Chicago I think it was.

-T
Yep! That's the one from Chicago - I was there :thumbsup:

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty

-T
Get "RACER X" as your vanity license plate when you take delivery. ;)

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
lol apparently someone really hates the black roof.

I love it.

Different strokes and all that. If you want only Shelby heritage then go white and blue stripes. No need to piss on the black roof "knobs" damaging their resale. Who the hell buys this car for resale? You're going to be in same boat as the Bosses. Depreciation is going to be a helluva lot slower than a GT, but you're going to have to store a garage queen for 40 years before these cars are worth more than they cost and by then there will be no gas to run them.

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2

-T
This is going to be easy for your fan club to follow on the track !! When I go to the races and watch the guys race on track day...My eyes always follow the lighter brighter cars !! this is going to look great !

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
After seeing the red with black racing stripes, so disappointed that the R can't have any red with racing stripes.

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
so what is seriously the purpose of having this build&price option when you cant actually get them built that way in some cases nor at the price it is showing, as we all know?

i like viewing all the colors and options but is it just there to sell more GTs?

I almost immediately got a call from a dealer and they wont tell me how much over the phone, want me to come in, but im almost certain i have already talked to the manager there. Also got an email and it said "thanks for inquiring about a 2016 Shelby GT500"

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249

Sponsored

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
you're going to have to store a garage queen for 40 years before these cars are worth more than they cost and by then there will be no gas to run them.
The more cars they produce, the less time that gas is going to last for us. Here's to low production volume!! :cheers:

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I know you guys have been talking about it for a while but now that the configurator is up - it's easy to see what you were complaining about. What if I want a GT350 with tech AND track package....that kinda stinks.

Edit: ...and now I realize you cant get the GT350 with the Tech package AND Recaros.... I give up till 2017.
My thoughts on this. If I can swing it (either in budget or just getting my hands on one) in MY2017 is first to get the R with electronics package. If that doesn't work out but I can do GT350 with Tech package (about $9K-$10K less and more being made) I'll do it. The new seats are much more supportive than the 2014 that I have now. Plus, I might just pick up a set of aftermarket racing seats for track day assuming it's not a bad swap. Several guys in the local club do this now.

People (and media) bitched big time over the two tone paint (black or white) with the colored roofs on the 2012 Bosses...at least there was some heritage for doing so (1969 Bud Moore Engineering Race Boss 302 Trans Am colors) but a black roof has NO ties to the Shelby world and yet knobs are diving in.... if your a buy it and then sell it in 2 years kind a guy...don't'; it will hurt and not help resale.
One option will be to wait for aftermarket vinyl roof cover if you want that look but don't want it painted.

So much for there being a significant weight difference between the Tech and Track pack. Leaning back towards Tech again since my car will only see a few HPD events a year. I can add the Track Pack wing and brace down the road.
That's what I was thinking. Plus if you felt like you needed them you could probably pick up oil, trans and diff coolers afterwards as well.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
You realize all of you are harping on applied vinyl stripes? This is not worth the amount they are charging from the dealer. Just saying.

You can get these stripes airbrushed on and be better off. Might even be worth more in the long term to have them painted on.

Or find a good place to have the entire car wrapped.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Except that the opening is actually larger on the non-R. The entire opening goes all the way down to the bumper on the non-R whereas the R has that small section sticking up.

Maybe they decreased the opening slightly in order to increased the speed of the air coming in?
Even the GT350 R-C has it.... :first:

20286217010_e983994193_b.jpg
Sponsored