Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
New Sync for 2016...will the 2016 have QNX as the main OS on the electronics?
Sponsored

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
You can already use turn by turn from your smart phone over blue tooth in the current model. You just won't have the map.
There's new features coming in though that will make it far simpler to translate between your phone and your vehicle. I think Destinations is a prime example of a good idea with a frustrating implementation - theoretically that type of bottleneck should be fixed.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
pretty pissed '15 is left out for a sync upgrade (as it is unfortunately hardware) but its no where NEAR the reason for me to take the financial burden of trading. I would rather be a year ahead on the loan and not take a hit to the down payment or depreciation. Lesson already learned. This has to become a rattle trap or have a major failure if I were to trade up. Waiting at least the refresh or longer. The car is holding up well so far, if that remains I will hang on to it for a long arse time.

I dont know about you guys, but with the "use it within its abilities" attitude (as well as "it's what you're stuck with so perk up"), MFT has been fine. Perfectly capable but has to be supplemented with the phone from time to time. No big deal

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
pretty pissed '15 is left out for a sync upgrade (as it is unfortunately hardware) but its no where NEAR the reason for me to take the financial burden of trading. I would rather be a year ahead on the loan and not take a hit to the down payment or depreciation. Lesson already learned. This has to become a rattle trap or have a major failure if I were to trade up. Waiting at least the refresh or longer. The car is holding up well so far, if that remains I will hang on to it for a long arse time.

I dont know about you guys, but with the "use it within its abilities" attitude (as well as "it's what you're stuck with so perk up"), MFT has been fine. Perfectly capable but has to be supplemented with the phone from time to time. No big deal
Not sure why you're pissed, Ford never even formally announced Sync Gen 3 until after the mustang orders began. And even then it was still clear it would come in '16 for all vehicles.

But yeah, if you just stick to what its supposed to do, MFT is pretty solid. As I mentioned earlier, it had the fewest TGWs (Things Gone Wrong) in the industry in 2014.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Not sure why you're pissed, Ford never even formally announced Sync Gen 3 until after the mustang orders began. And even then it was still clear it would come in '16 for all vehicles.

But yeah, if you just stick to what its supposed to do, MFT is pretty solid. As I mentioned earlier, it had the fewest TGWs (Things Gone Wrong) in the industry in 2014.
I think he's basically saying that if you're going to have this big of an upgrade in years to a car, the infotainment center with Sync 3 should have been one of them for the 2015 (along with at least an 8 speed tranny).

Honestly I don't know why it takes them so long to do these systems, they aren't complicated and honestly the UI/Interface still look pretty bad design wise.

Sponsored

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
how many of you guys honestly plan to use sync 3? majority of the time i neved use the features in a car besides bluetooth

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Forgot to add - the mustang won't be available in Australia until December so it's way past the end of 2015 production year run
We are definitely getting the 2016 model year cars, according to Ford they will be arriving from November to February next year.

Before anyone says it - no we aren't getting Sync 3. Ford Australia is only just starting to get Sync 2 in the other models and the Mustang will be no different (again, confirmed by Ford).

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I think he's basically saying that if you're going to have this big of an upgrade in years to a car, the infotainment center with Sync 3 should have been one of them for the 2015 (along with at least an 8 speed tranny).

Honestly I don't know why it takes them so long to do these systems, they aren't complicated and honestly the UI/Interface still look pretty bad design wise.
If they give us all in 2015 MY, who will buy the 2016? :)
MY2015 already has enough new to be a best selling car... they need to keep something for the next year.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So when do you think we'll see the actual order sheets that have all the order codes on them? Has to be a few weeks before ordering opens up right?

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Yo, 04SloSnake - how do you have a 2016 CO on order already? The thread says orders start May 2015.
It is "on order" through Military Auto Source, which is a car buying program for deployed military personnel and people stationed outside of the country. I will do the final build approximately 6 months before delivery and it will officially on order through Ford.

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
its like all the people that had the Iphone 4 got pissed when the iphone 4s came out with Siri.......they played with it a few days saying dumb things and mocking it to then never using Siri ever again after a month

Carbon Driven

Carbon Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Website
CarbonDriven.com
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem. PP Ruby Red
I want to order a GT350R bad! $500 deposit to order and Ford 6+ months to deliver. Gives me some time to save up for a real down payment lol

Oh and the My Touch makes you want to beat the the device instead of touching it. Damn thing is useless and only understands "Cancel"

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile

I'm going to respond the latter part first, it has a tremendous amount to do with supplier inefficiencies. I'm going to assume you're not an EE or CS guy, so I won't go into why it actually is incredibly complex to get the system to be bug free - just look at MFT and take my word it isn't straightforward. But going back to the suppliers, you have to understand that Ford isn't an electronics company. They write a spec, a supplier builds it, and a third party writes the operating system source code (which is then modified by Ford engineers). Now imagine how many moving parts it takes to align that, and then complicate it with the fact that you're interacting with representatives of a big company, who then has to push the requirements up to their boss.

Long story short - what you would assume would take 6 months, may take a few years just due to the complicated supplier interaction.

Now as for the first, I think the answer is exceptionally obvious as to why you wouldn't launch it. Do you honestly think if it was even 90% ready they would hold it back from an anniversary launch? Ford learned its lesson from the recession about what happens when you launch a pre-mature product with flaws. Let the engineers get it right, and I think everyone's happy.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I'm going to respond the latter part first, it has a tremendous amount to do with supplier inefficiencies. I'm going to assume you're not an EE or CS guy, so I won't go into why it actually is incredibly complex to get the system to be bug free - just look at MFT and take my word it isn't straightforward. But going back to the suppliers, you have to understand that Ford isn't an electronics company. They write a spec, a supplier builds it, and a third party writes the operating system source code (which is then modified by Ford engineers). Now imagine how many moving parts it takes to align that, and then complicate it with the fact that you're interacting with representatives of a big company, who then has to push the requirements up to their boss.

Long story short - what you would assume would take 6 months, may take a few years just due to the complicated supplier interaction.

Now as for the first, I think the answer is exceptionally obvious as to why you wouldn't launch it. Do you honestly think if it was even 90% ready they would hold it back from an anniversary launch? Ford learned its lesson from the recession about what happens when you launch a pre-mature product with flaws. Let the engineers get it right, and I think everyone's happy.
Oh I understand it all.

If Ford was smart, they'd bring it all in house and develop it themselves with no 3rd party.
Sponsored