Sponsored

2016 Mustang GT strange underbody noise

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Hello,

I have a 2016 GT/CS and I think I have an exhaust leak issue.

Can you please see the following videos and let me know if that's what it is?

Thanks

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Typically that is an exhaust leak on the driver side where the OEM header connects to the intermediate pipe between it and the resonator. I've had to have mine replaced under warranty and it is doing it again now. Hopefully it's nothing more than that. I've heard some people speculate that noise is from the bottom end of the engine, but it doesn't sound like a knock situation to me.

OP
OP

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Typically that is an exhaust leak on the driver side where the OEM header connects to the intermediate pipe between it and the resonator. I've had to have mine replaced under warranty and it is doing it again now. Hopefully it's nothing more than that. I've heard some people speculate that noise is from the bottom end of the engine, but it doesn't sound like a knock situation to me.
Thanks! I didn’t hear any knocking at the top or underneath which led me to believe that the rattle all along led to this leak. What was the diagnosis on yours? Poorly built pipes? I might get aftermarket headers and catback since it’s a known issue. I am not the only one complaining I guess.

Appreciate your help, man. Thanks!

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have it too. Been like this for about 10k miles. Does yours go away after a good drive? Ill make an appt and take it in wed and mention what wildcatgoal said. Tired of hearing it every morning.

OP
OP

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I have it too. Been like this for about 10k miles. Does yours go away after a good drive? Ill make an appt and take it in wed and mention what wildcatgoal said. Tired of hearing it every morning.
I had the dealership look into it and as always, they couldn’t replicate the noise so they wanted to keep the car for a while. I can’t do that because it’s not close by. I guess it was just bad gas because the car hadn’t been driven for a month. It hasn’t done ever since I drove it Friday night through Sunday. I’ll put a few more thousand miles to see if it happens or gets worse. They didn’t find anything loose underneath.

Sponsored

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
Could this by a exhaust leak like yours? I have a roush axle back, but their is no leak from back there. Someone suggested this could be a header exhaust leak. Could you check it out my video l, so I can give the dealer more insight? Thank you.

Here's the video:

Link to my full thread about this issue: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/wheres-this-rattle-noise-from.112670/#post-2389528

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Sounds the same to me. Driver side intermediate pipe after the cat (that directs the exhaust to the center of the car) has a goofy joint that leaked on my car.

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds the same to me. Driver side intermediate pipe after the cat (that directs the exhaust to the center of the car) has a goofy joint that leaked on my car.
Thank you, man. Now can I tell the mechanic what to check out. I've been obsessing over this issue for the longest time. Do you also have a rattle/chirp noise when accelrating in the low rpms? I was wondering if it could be the same issue.

Skinsssss550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dyllan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Thank you, man. Now can I tell the mechanic what to check out. I've been obsessing over this issue for the longest time. Do you also have a rattle/chirp noise when accelrating in the low rpms? I was wondering if it could be the same issue.
Did you ever figure out what the issue was?

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever figure out what the issue was?
If you’re referring to my video as a point of reference then it is the flex pipe based on my research. If you’re referring the original posted video at the start of the thread, I can’t really say as that noise sounds a little different than mine.
Sponsored