Sponsored

2016 mustang gt premium transmission noise at 400 miles?

NO_PLATES

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yoshi
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT Premium PP
Hello Everyone,

Like the title says my car starting making a weird metallic scratching noise right after the second day of ownership. At first it wasn't that bad. It kind of sounded like the a/c vents were on and sort of hissing. Don't know if that makes sense but think of the noise it makes when you have the air on at like let's say 2 or 3 and you have the circular vents closed. It was very faint at first and progressively started to slowly get louder. Now it's a lot worse, especially once it's up to temp and the temperature is hot outside. You can still hear the slight whirring noise when I start revving the engine.... Once the metallic noise starts its still there but gets drowned out. I'm going to try and attach the vid since this is technically my first real post on this forum.:doh:

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
*hears weird unfamiliar grinding sound* REVS the SHIT out of it.:doh::D

It sounded more like a vibration/rattling sound than grinding to me. But honestly anything that audible I would not be reving the shit out of the car like that in fear of it causing damage to other components. It has 400 miles on it. Call your dealer and set up a service appointment.

OP
OP

NO_PLATES

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yoshi
Vehicle(s)
*update*

So I went ahead and contacted the service department where I bought The car from and set up an appointment last week immediately after posting this video. During the time I had to wait to get a rental I was able to surpass the 1000 mile break in.

I also forgot to mention my car had a dent that was protruding from the bumper out right in the center, the door was rubbing on the fender on the passenger side, my trunk is misaligned, and my headlight on the driver side sticks out about 3/4 of and inch where it meets the fender.

When I took the car in I didn't want to mention it for fear that they would ruin my body panels alignment but I guess I'll see when I pick up the car today. Honestly all that doesn't matter as long as my transmission is fine.

*update* The dealer called me today to tell me that they don't hear anything and now I am completely pissed off. My service advisor literally told me that he could hear it but there's nothing that he could do. That "it's normal". I gave them a week and took some more videos of the noise that I was able to recreate while driving to drop it off and "it's normal" What should I do? This is my first ford. My first mustang. But not my first car out of a long list of stick shift cars so I know it's NOT NORMAL!!!

[ame]

[ame]

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Keep pushing them or contact someone higher up. Ask to speak your SA's manager. I hope you get it worked out dude. These cars are awesome, most of the time.

slcoddity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I had the similar grinding noise, turned out one of the bolts that secure the transmission became loose.

Sponsored

OP
OP

NO_PLATES

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yoshi
Vehicle(s)
*update*
Was going to post an update on the weekend but was just to busy and a little angry. I did end up going to pick up my car on Saturday but left with more headaches. I took my SA so he could hear the noise but he kept holding the shifter after I told him your muffling the sound. It started making it but then subsided so I just told him to give me the Ford Service number # and see what they could do since its clear that nothing more was going to be attempted. He showed me all the repairs they did.

1. The bump on the rear bumper was apparently a broken tab in between the bumper cover and the bumper beam. They removed it and the bump was fixed completely. This is where I give them an A+.:thumbsup:

2. My headlight issue where it stuck out wasn't really fixed right. It now stick out a little under half an inch. Its better than the 3/4 but its still not perfect. The only bolt the loosened was the under the hood, on the fender, right above the headlight. All they did was mangle it all up without really achieving anything. (Which would make sense since them moving it would also cause the fender to come out of alignment with the hood.) I gave that a C for effort but was still a little bummed out that its wasn't fixed properly.:eek:

This is where it get interesting.

3. The passenger door was rubbing on the fender near the top. It had rubbed some paint off already but looked like it had stopped so I wasn't too concerned. I did say if it couldn't be adjusted properly just let it be since the fender to door alignment was pretty straight compared to others I had seen. Guess it was a case of better leave something decent alone since now my fender gaps and alignment are way skewed. My fender doesn't align with the 2 creases on the door anymore. Both points on the door creases where they meet the fender are chipped now. One is at primer and one is at bare metal. They also rubbed some more paint off where it was originally rubbing and now its at primer as well. Where the fender curves to the top and meets the hood near the cowl is completely out of alignment and sits about a quarter inch higher.(not that bad). The very lowest end of the fender where it meets the side skirt sticks out about half an inch now(very bad) which is surprising since I can't fathom how they could of messed it up so bad.

I was disappointed since on the back of my mind I knew it would happen but my disappointment quickly turned into rage when I saw that they had gashed my fender. They completely chipped off paint in 3 different areas on the center of the fender above the wheel.Straight to F*n metal.. I was so pissed off after that!!!!!:censored:

I haven't even had a chance to scratch my own car or have some dumbass scratch it at the local mall or store since I never park it anywhere besides my house and now I have a nice reminder of why I should of stuck with my gut. Just thinking about it is getting me pissed off right now.

So now I have a scratched, crooked fender that is also chipped from the sharpest creases where it meets the door, a chipped door that was perfect before, and a stupid noise that won't go away. Driving the car almost makes up for all the issues. Almost.:tsk:

Im already going bald but I think these guys are going to make me pull the last of my hairs out:doh: !!!!

I will post up pictures later. And even though it pains me to do it, I might have to give them a bad rating on my customer viewpoint that I still haven't sent in. I would hate to do it since my salesperson gave me the best deal I could of hoped for and made the buying experience so easy, but this just isn't fair. Especially since I haven't made 1 payment yet.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Definitely voice your complaints with Ford Service. And don't go back to that service department. By the way, where is this dealership..? So we all might avoid them.

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
*update*

So I went ahead and contacted the service department where I bought The car from and set up an appointment last week immediately after posting this video. During the time I had to wait to get a rental I was able to surpass the 1000 mile break in.

I also forgot to mention my car had a dent that was protruding from the bumper out right in the center, the door was rubbing on the fender on the passenger side, my trunk is misaligned, and my headlight on the driver side sticks out about 3/4 of and inch where it meets the fender.

When I took the car in I didn't want to mention it for fear that they would ruin my body panels alignment but I guess I'll see when I pick up the car today. Honestly all that doesn't matter as long as my transmission is fine.

*update* The dealer called me today to tell me that they don't hear anything and now I am completely pissed off. My service advisor literally told me that he could hear it but there's nothing that he could do. That "it's normal". I gave them a week and took some more videos of the noise that I was able to recreate while driving to drop it off and "it's normal" What should I do? This is my first ford. My first mustang. But not my first car out of a long list of stick shift cars so I know it's NOT NORMAL!!!

[ame]

[ame]
Did you ever figure this out my 2016 makes this noise and it’s really bugging me
Sponsored