2016 mustang gt PP shutoff while driving will not start

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
So on thanksgiving I was driving my car home and while I was passing another car (not aggressive at all) my car just completely shut down. It felt like it hit rev limiter (it didn’t I was paying attention) and after coming to a stop the car wouldn’t start again, I would get crank but that’s it. Got the car towed check it for codes and the came back with a mass air flow sensor code, replaced the MAF but the car still will not start. The batter died so i tried to jump it when I put the new MAF in this morning and again I only got slow crank. Btw oil pressure was normal while driving looked at the oil a few days ago too and it looked normal didn’t see any metal flakes wasn’t black or anything. Anybody have any suggestions? Anything is appreciated I know this is kind of long.
Sponsored

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Fuel pump in the tank died? You need air, fuel, and spark to start an engine. One of those is probably missing.....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you clearly don't have the know-how to troubleshoot or tools, off the dealer or trusted shop you go.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Fuel pump in the tank died? You need air, fuel, and spark to start an engine. One of those is probably missing.....
compression, fuel, and spark air is a given, but yes the way it just shut off denotes a loss of fuel pressure.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Was that your only fault code?

Check the MAF wire harness for any breaks in the actual wires. Check the connector for loose wires into it or broken pins.

Just because it throws a MAF code doesn’t mean just replace the sensor - it’s showing a fault that could be the sensor; the harness, the connector or the harness to which it branches from in engine.
Sponsored