Sponsored

2016 GT350R VIN and production updates

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Same here... Nothing, nada, zip, zilch from both my dealer and ford performance. Sux.
Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The car is so damn DAMN good I'm willing to put up with this terrible order process ....then the shipping fiasco. Has it left the plant yet....who knows. The more mag reviews I read ...it sure helps with this slow as hell process for most of us. Oh well:shrug:
I will say this that FP keeps saying this is a limited 5000 units only and expect delays. OK

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Since this is an R thread - question for you guys.

Not to pry but I'm wondering if any of you will have the same dilemma that I have...

I'm excited to get this car and I can afford it but I'm a working IT guy and this is pretty much all of my play money, all of it. I got a fair deal on the car and the ADMs out there are making it look like someone could flip an R for a pretty good profit. I was never in it just to make a buck, part of me hopes the prices will sit low or around what I paid but I don't have so much money in the bank that I could ignore a $10k plus profit on the car....it would be very irresponsible for me to do that. So I find myself wondering how many other people would sell this car that they've waited for, if the price was right? Am I insane?

I'd likely turn around and buy a non-r next year.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Since this is an R thread - question for you guys.

Not to pry but I'm wondering if any of you will have the same dilemma that I have...

I'm excited to get this car and I can afford it but I'm a working IT guy and this is pretty much all of my play money, all of it. I got a fair deal on the car and the ADMs out there are making it look like someone could flip an R for a pretty good profit. I was never in it just to make a buck, part of me hopes the prices will sit low or around what I paid but I don't have so much money in the bank that I could ignore a $10k plus profit on the car....it would be very irresponsible for me to do that. So I find myself wondering how many other people would sell this car that they've waited for, if the price was right? Am I insane?

I'd likely turn around and buy a non-r next year.

:eyebulge:

BLASPHEMY!!!

Naw, seriously man, if you feel you're cramped and really need the money then I would say let someone else buy it that won't be cramped. I'm not into flipping things we don't have but if that's your lot, that's your lot.

You can always ride in mine!:thumbsup:

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I'm getting so upset the longer I wait. I have a connection at the plant and it has become less than comical hearing about "whats up now". After numerous this and that scenarios, the latest is a SCRATCH in the rocker panel that has to be repaired before it ships. This will be the second time it has been sent to the paint shop for repair. Jesus H Christ, just ship the damn thing before some other asshole eff's it up again.

Sorry, Rant Off.

Sponsored

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I'm getting so upset the longer I wait. I have a connection at the plant and it has become less than comical hearing about "whats up now". After numerous this and that scenarios, the latest is a SCRATCH in the rocker panel that has to be repaired before it ships. This will be the second time it has been sent to the paint shop for repair. Jesus H Christ, just ship the damn thing before some other asshole eff's it up again.

Sorry, Rant Off.
I can understand the frustration of waiting, but personally, I would much rather the factory corrected a paint issue than my local dealer. Hope your car ships soon!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
:eyebulge:

BLASPHEMY!!!

Naw, seriously man, if you feel you're cramped and really need the money then I would say let someone else buy it that won't be cramped. I'm not into flipping things we don't have but if that's your lot, that's your lot.

You can always ride in mine!:thumbsup:
Lol - I hear ya. It's not that I feel cramped but like I said, I'm not in an executive position and it would be dumb of me to ignore an opportunity. I said the same thing to my wife the other night - I hope the price stays around what I pay for the car so that I can just enjoy it. If it goes off-the-charts, I will do the responsible thing.

I guess it boils down to your disposable income. If you could care less about leaving $20k on the table, then none of this matters.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I can understand the frustration of waiting, but personally, I would much rather the factory corrected a paint issue than my local dealer. Hope your car ships soon!
That's looking on the bright side. I agree, factory should be better. We are talking union here, though ;)

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Sorry, Rant Off.
No need to apologize for the rant ....we all want our F0cking cars. Your car was finished in oct and still not shipped I'm with you on the frustration. Just ship the damn things.

The post about the factory paint shop, I don't want anyone repainting anything. From past experience they are no better then your local Ford paint shop.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

Sorry, Rant Off.
Dude I hear ya... Least yours is built.

This is interesting... Recently the Ford QC's have been getting hacked for a trunk panel gap variance. Now it looks like they are taking care of business. Where are the hecklers now?

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I emailed the plant about how long a car ....sits before shipping . Sits before shipping I repeat . The reply was the dealer has that information once it leaves the plant on how long it will take to arrive @ the dealership .Wtf are these people paid to do when asked a question ? Like read the damn question first. It must be the the weather in Detroit. I know when I graduated college I got the hell out of there. Imagine them trying to figure out how to fix a problem if they can't read the instructions.
Now that's a rant.
We will get our cars before the model year change.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
The issue is the longer it sits and moves from one area to another the more yahoo's are climbing in and around my car. A worker there scratched the car getting in or out of the drivers side. There are just too many hands on these cars after they have been produced. It's almost like one big cluster eff up there.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Everything you hear from ford or ford performance is bs. It's the fking shipping. I'm driving to flat rock this weekend. And I'll see how many shelbys are waiting in the lot. I'm tired of the lies. I want my damn car. We're supposed to start getting snow Friday and I won't even be able to enjoy my car even once. I'm tired of the lies FORD! I want an answer as to why it sits in a holding lot for 6 weeks before shipment. Ship the god damn cars!! Wtf. How about this. When I get my car in my hands I'll just make you wait for my payments. How's that ford?

Consola Performance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350R, 03 10TH ANN. COBRA, 88 GT CONV.
R

Sorry, Rant Off.
Is there anyway you can help me get some information from the plant? Consola Performance on here. Or 903-466-1003 my cell.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Is there anyway you can help me get some information from the plant? Consola Performance on here. Or 903-466-1003 my cell.

My guy is very tight lipped about anything that is not directly related to my car. He has gone out on a limb giving me info about my car, but he won't tell me anything else. I asked some pretty specific questions about the R cars and those questions just go unacknowledged. Sorry man.
Sponsored