Sponsored

2016 GT350R VIN and production updates

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
From God Almighty himself who also told me late last night that 52 will have been built through next Friday.

There also were 26 preproduction Rs made which are doing demonstrator and media duty, but those don't count and virtually all very likely will end up in the crusher.

There always seems to be (at least) one in every crowd, Piph. The good thing about most peckerheads though is how they almost always can't resist make themselves known - which makes them easy to avoid. They're usually the ones who drone on about what others must not know. They grow 'em big here in TX.

350R production will continue to be meager for a while. Already-built cars need to undergo a very time-intensive retrofit of a component that also happens to be in very short supply. Further production will increase once all of the retrofits have been completed and all incoming components can be used for new builds, but there's no guess as to when or how quickly production levels will reach original targets, let alone when any backlog will be fully caught up. Fortunately (in a way) double digits doesn't constitute much as far as mass production volumes go.

Ford originally wasn't going to build or ship new Rs from November to February, but they're pressing on at least through Thanksgiving to take advantage of whatever opportunity (and parts) they do have.

FWIW, the 51st and 52nd cars are headed (eventually) to GA and NV, respectively.
Thanks for the info... God is good, all the time. :thumbsup:

As for the total production numbers for the 16 R... Can you ballpark it for us? I don't need an exact number...

If a retrofit is indeed an issue the. I'm glad mine hasn't been made yet.
Sponsored

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
I'm fine with mine being built in the Spring. Get all the kinks worked out before.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I agree with [MENTION=15817]DrumReaper[/MENTION] that I am comfortable not having my car yet, especially if it's a "time intensive" retrofit. Perhaps they have to change 52 sets of tires and wheels? At least Ford appears to be fixing the problem before releasing to the public.

But I digress...

Let's stick to the topic of when we are getting our Rs so we can celebrate.

But certainly, [MENTION=8071]Madlock[/MENTION], any other details you wish to provide us with your divine knowledge would be most graciously accepted.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I'll still clinging to a nov 19 build date...

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
From God Almighty himself who also told me late last night that 52 will have been built through next Friday.

There also were 26 preproduction Rs made which are doing demonstrator and media duty, but those don't count and virtually all very likely will end up in the crusher.
ha! sounds like you do have some inside scoop...so thanks for sharing. perhaps my R (originally scheduled to be built Aug 24, but now scheduled for Nov 19) hit at about the right time. we'll see.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
My '16 R is built but not shipped.
I was looking at the map (in another thread on this site) and saw the other red dot in the bay area and figured that was yours...but they're still just red dots.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Pretty funny - I guess that's one way to stick it to em! ;)

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
My '16 R is built but not shipped.
Lucky you - at least it exists. I'm on the other end of the spectrum with no VIN number yet. I got a fair deal at my dealer so I worry sometimes that they will have too much time to realize how much more money they could make. I'm going to keep my faith, though.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Still nothing on my end :(

Consola Performance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350R, 03 10TH ANN. COBRA, 88 GT CONV.
I'm waiting on my production information for my R. Does anyone know what the production issue is related to other than retrofitting current vehicles. I heard a rumor that they had wheel failures.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I still haven't heard anything on my order yet... But I'm patient... Very patient... But not 40 year-old virgin patient.

Good thing I still have my 13 B302 to play around in till the R gets here.
Sponsored