1993 Coyote Coupe

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Far more than 500 will be built. Roughly, they are being allocated to dealers in a ratio of 3:1 for those that will receive multiple GT350's. Stores that won't receive more than one or two allocations aren't likely to receive an R allocation, but that won't equate to as few as 500 by any stretch of the imagination.

You do not know what the HELL your talking about...your just guessing...will I will put my money where my mouth is....can your mouth cash the check...if so lets make a bet..for money or a gentlemen bet, your choice. Give me a over/ under of 100 cars...I say 550 R cars will be built.... You said "not by any stretch of the imagination"...so what is it? you all talk?:shrug:

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So it could matter less when you placed the order compared to WHERE you placed the order...seems possible.
I think this is spot on from what I've seen from the dealers that are receiving the first allocations from Ford. In Arkansas, the largest dealers in the largest cities are the ones with cars that have build dates already. There were only four dealerships that had more than one allocation, and all of them have at least one car already in queue, and I noticed today that one of those just received their second VIN allocation this week.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
mine is now confirmed for a Nov 19 build date and it's been 'sent to plant'
delivery estimate is dec 21-dec 27.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You do not know what the HELL your talking about...your just guessing...will I will put my money where my mouth is....can your mouth cash the check...if so lets make a bet..for money or a gentlemen bet, your choice. Give me a over/ under of 100 cars...I say 550 R cars will be built.... You said "not by any stretch of the imagination"...so what is it? you all talk?:shrug:
Actually, he does know what the hell he's talking about. It wouldn't be fair to expect him to lay out what he does for a living and why he may be aware of a given number regarding production figures but suffice it to say, he's very well versed.

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think this is spot on from what I've seen from the dealers that are receiving the first allocations from Ford. In Arkansas, the largest dealers in the largest cities are the ones with cars that have build dates already. There were only four dealerships that had more than one allocation, and all of them have at least one car already in queue, and I noticed today that one of those just received their second VIN allocation this week.
I'll let you guys know what happens with mine.. VIN 1360.. built yesterday, estimated delivery is Nov 17-23rd in Collinsville, IL.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Only 38 scheduled so far and none since 10/9.

Very likely a component or supplier issue that's unique to the 350R.
Actually, he does know what the hell he's talking about. It wouldn't be fair to expect him to lay out what he does for a living and why he may be aware of a given number regarding production figures but suffice it to say, he's very well versed.
The above quote doesn't sound like he's too well versed, So what is it? a component or supplier issue? There was someone awhile back on here stating that the production delays was because of vibrations destroying bell housings, of course he was quoting a "reliable source".

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
mine is now confirmed for a Nov 19 build date and it's been 'sent to plant'
delivery estimate is dec 21-dec 27.
There's hope!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
just to confirm - these are Rs, right?

Sponsored

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R (HR815) + 23' Rivian R1S
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a deposit on an actual allocated car...I may be interested in buying your spot. if I could find an allocated spot with only $10K ADM I would jump on it!

Me too !

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Even though Ford is trying to spread out the GT 350s around the country, why is it so hard to understand that Ford is taking better care of the dealers that contribute more to Ford's bottom line? Sorry, but the reality of the business world is that Ford's #25 dealer will get more attention than the #2,825 dealer. :shrug:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 GT Mustang K code 4spd black with red stripes
I ordered 2015 shelby cobra GT350 Mustang deep impact blue with black stripes technology package Vin number 0088 paid 68,000 ordered June 3 built 8 8 15 ship date november 15

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
where'd you get that info?
From God Almighty himself who also told me late last night that 52 will have been built through next Friday.

There also were 26 preproduction Rs made which are doing demonstrator and media duty, but those don't count and virtually all very likely will end up in the crusher.

There always seems to be (at least) one in every crowd, Piph. The good thing about most peckerheads though is how they almost always can't resist make themselves known - which makes them easy to avoid. They're usually the ones who drone on about what others must not know. They grow 'em big here in TX.

350R production will continue to be meager for a while. Already-built cars need to undergo a very time-intensive retrofit of a component that also happens to be in very short supply. Further production will increase once all of the retrofits have been completed and all incoming components can be used for new builds, but there's no guess as to when or how quickly production levels will reach original targets, let alone when any backlog will be fully caught up. Fortunately (in a way) double digits doesn't constitute much as far as mass production volumes go.

Ford originally wasn't going to build or ship new Rs from November to February, but they're pressing on at least through Thanksgiving to take advantage of whatever opportunity (and parts) they do have.

FWIW, the 51st and 52nd cars are headed (eventually) to GA and NV, respectively.
Sponsored