Sponsored

2016 Gt350 lag/hesitation between 2700 and 3000 rpm

Adriano S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350 track pack magnetic grey
Hello everyone , my name is Adriano and im writing from Switzerland. So far I have been involved only in vintage Shelbys, but i decided to get also a DD modern shelby so i got myself a Track pack magnetic grey / black stripes Gt350. The car runs fine , the only thing i noticed that, sometimes, I have a sort of lag between 2700 and 3000 rpm's. Anyone had such a problem in the past , if yes what was the cure? ( id did not run yet any diagnostic on the car) the car has 1300 miles as I write. No modifications apart the Ford P. by Borla exhaust ( 2.5 inches) ( car did have hesitation also before the installation of the new exhaust) . >THX!! :cheers:
Sponsored

KenF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
I can tell you the car is sluggish up til ~3000-3200 rpm where the engine wakes up and screams to redline. it seems to be just a function of the 5.2 and it's behavior. Now it's not a massive hesitation or anything it simply feels slower and then picks up nothing too dramatic. If you have a massive hesitation something else is up

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Its also sluggish in that range if you are already moving when you try to accelerate

OP
OP

Adriano S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350 track pack magnetic grey
i also asked a good friend of mine who has as me quite a bit of experience in cars to try the car , in a 5 minutes drive he had the same feeling that aorund 2700-3000 rpms the car, if u keep the accelerator at the same throttle rate , has sometimes a hesitation , a sort of slowing down effect in terms of acceleration , but below that range and above it all is just fluid, As you stated its something small but you still do feel that small lag effect at those rpms.

Last edited:

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I think its a cam profile shift(for lack of a better word). But its normal if annoying. Even the tunes have it.

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
Does the behavior change in the different drive modes? Although, it's not very noticeable to me, apparently throttle response is different in normal, sport, track and weather modes.

Sponsored

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3