Sponsored

2016 GT350/GT350R Mustang Pricing! Starts at $47,870

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
Sooo what I'm hearing is no x-plan... :)

Darn a stripper on x-plan is probably all I can afford.
Sponsored

kdphan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ATS-V and GSF
sales guy from san leandro ford wanted 20k over MSRP and even told me he doesn't know if 2017 models will exist :facepalm:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
lulz...yeah after I struck out with the south bay dealers I didnt even both calling any dealer within 20 miles of the bay, i figured all of the peninsula and east bay dealers were going to be much of the same.

kdphan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ATS-V and GSF
lulz...yeah after I struck out with the south bay dealers I didnt even both calling any dealer within 20 miles of the bay, i figured all of the peninsula and east bay dealers were going to be much of the same.
$77k is what they wanted :doh:

I'd rather get a Viper for that $$

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah these guys are not going to sell those allocations at those prices, will just order a loaded tech pack car, then let it sit on the lot. Real shame!

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
What's an even bigger shame is that they probably won't sit on those lots for long, even at the inflated prices. :thumbdown:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
sales guy from san leandro ford wanted 20k over MSRP and even told me he doesn't know if 2017 models will exist :facepalm:
Wow and ouch! For that extra 20k... they better throw in a free Fiesta ST! :D

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
lol 20k over is on the low end right now.
I just talked to a guy in central california, they were asking 40k over. I told him even immediate bay area dealers were only asking 20k over and he admitted the GM was just shooting for the moon when he set the price

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
Is all this 20k plus over stuff based on the 1st run, which is extremely limited? If so, I don't much care about that. It's the next round I'm interested in and I'll straight up go w/o at $.01 over MSRP. I simply won't pay over MSRP for any vehicle. Heck, I've never paid MSRP, let alone more. I've got a 2014 vehicle now, so it's not like I'll be crushed.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
If you mean 2015s, the answer is no; they're all spoken for. AFAIK, all the ADM discussions here are for 2016s.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you mean 2015s, the answer is no; they're all spoken for. AFAIK, all the ADM discussions here are for 2016s.
Correct, most dealers won't ever see a 2015 allocation

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Is all this 20k plus over stuff based on the 1st run, which is extremely limited? If so, I don't much care about that. It's the next round I'm interested in and I'll straight up go w/o at $.01 over MSRP. I simply won't pay over MSRP for any vehicle. Heck, I've never paid MSRP, let alone more. I've got a 2014 vehicle now, so it's not like I'll be crushed.
You might notice a difference between buying an Escape and buying a GT350. :)

I haven't bought anything but a Mustang for a few years, but I can tell you at least at my dealership there's a big difference between buying a regular Mustang and buying the high-performance, limited availability edition.

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
You might notice a difference between buying an Escape and buying a GT350. :)

I haven't bought anything but a Mustang for a few years, but I can tell you at least at my dealership there's a big difference between buying a regular Mustang and buying the high-performance, limited availability edition.
:doh: What has my Escape got to do with it? Of course it's different... it's 5 times more versatile than a Mustang, for example. My 2014 F150 MSRP was well over 46k ... so? Both are quite different than any Mustang. So? Pssst... don't judge a book by its cover, or an auto enthusiast by their DD. ;)

Regardless, I would consider it positively stupid to spend an additional 20k over MSRP for any Mustang and for nearly any car, period. They're usually priced thousands over actual value from the start. Paying more is simply a tax for stupid people and in some cases, for people who lack patience.

Tomorrow, I'll be at the dealership to have a ding repaired. I'll inquire about the GT350 while I'm waiting. It won't matter to me, but I'm curious if they too, plan to rip off whomever. A sucker will overpay for whatever he/she wants and I have no real problem with the dealerships who take advantage, except that they could control their own greed and prevent idiots from overpaying all at once. :p

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
His point about your escape was simply a supply vs demand comparison. Has nothing to do with type or cost of the car. You can't expect to just waltz in to any dealer right now and pay msrp or less for a gt350, like you would say for an escape or fusion or Camry or accord.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
It sounds like the ADMs out on the West Coast are crazy! Most dealers on the East Coast are going at MSRP or at 5k over. What is going on out west?
Sponsored