2016 GT with Kooks LTH green cats and stock muffler

Discussion in 'V8 5.0L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by ked, Sep 17, 2019.

1. ked

ked New Member

First Name:
    Khaled
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Hello,

So I just purchased some kooks LTH green catted for my 2016 GT awaiting delivery

after going online and searching ,I have seen people running them on X and H or even straight pipes with multiple exhaust setups .

but my Q here , would they work with stock resonators and mufflers... means to replace only the headers .

reason for that is that i am trying not to be too loud as the traffic rules here are a bit hard on modified cars , man they failed my Harley inspection for running short exhaust LOL

my thoughts would be that the resonator should only affect the sound of the car, and (correct me if i am wrong) I believe there is no sensors there.

would there be any gain difference. and is a tune update required for stock resonator or added H pipes .

Thank you so much.

2. ForYourOwnGood

ForYourOwnGood Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    It'll work fine and you'll gain power. All the power is bottled up by the stock cats. I've heard long tubes on a stock exhaust and its only a little louder than stock.

3. Performance nut

Performance nut Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT A10
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    I did this exact setup on my 2016 and it was awesome. I eventually went with an H-pipe and Borla catback to get better sound that I loved. And it does gain, I have a dyno somewhere that shows there was improvement without a tune.