2015 unmarked police mustangs

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
I saw them last week driving through. I would never pull over for one though. I usually call it in and slow down but never pull over. Make them send a marked vehicle or confirm to me that it is a police vehicle.
Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just pull over in a well lit or crowed area. Or if you call 911 and they say you are being pulled over you stop . It's not that big of a deal

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Maybe the same car but when a bunch of thugs came to the beach and started shooting this car was on the news and the male cop put their AR back in the trunk.
image.jpg

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
retro-fitted and low-vapor gas. i saw one on I-10 and 410 with the Mustang emblem on the rear. Traffic Division. They will always have 'funny cars' but the latest trend has been no ID and no markings.

If I ever get pulled over, we are going on a merry ride to the nearest Sub. Not a fan of the incognito markings they get away with...
Its not really legal for most cops in texas to pull you over unless they are registered undercover. my whole town had to change their colors because they werent contrasting colors and got called out on it.

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
I guess they transport in another car when the offending driver is drunk?
when they used to run camaro pursuit cars in my area long time ago, they would hold you and call in for a regular patrol to come and haul you away.:(

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Here in HI most officers use their own car for duty. The departments do not have enough money to buy Taurus's or crown vics or explorers for everyone. So the department puts out a list of vehicles that are approved for police use. majority of the ones you'd see are 4Runners, Camrys, Infiniti G37's, and Explorers. The mustang was approved up until 2005 when they got rid of that molding that goes above the window (the light bar clips onto that molding, without that molding the windows would have to constantly be down).

The city pays the officers a subsidy every month for the vehicle payment, insurance, and maintenance. Gas is paid for by the department and vehicle registration is paid for by the city because its deemed a city subsidized POV.

The main rule is that the light bar must be on the roof at all times and cruise mode on, whether daytime or nighttime. When those officers make an arrest they call for a marked unit to pick up the suspect. The officers that get to use their POV are usually the rank of Corporal and have at least 7-10 years of service.

Would be cool if they had some new mustangs as marked units.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
VA state troopers have some 4th gen Camaros I've seen on 66. MD state troopers used to have some S197 GTs that would patrol 695. They also used have a couple Charger SRT8s. Tax dollars at work...

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
What a PIA it would be to have to put perps in and out of the backseat.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve