Sponsored

2015 To 2018 GT350 R Base Model Production Numbers, Facts & Figures

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
For those of you that already have a Base R Model in your possession or for some of you that are looking to purchase a Base R Model sometime in the near future I thought that I would provide the enthusiasts of these cars with some facts, figures and production numbers for these rare Base R Models.

Total Number Of Years Produced - 4

Total Number Of Cars Produced - 135

Total Number Of 2015 Pilot Production Cars Built - 0

FRAP Production Model Years - 2015 thru 2018

Total Production Numbers For Each Year - 2015 (6) 2016 (64) 2017 (44) 2018 (21)

Top 3 States For 2015 MY Allocations - Michigan (44) California (13) Texas (10) - 49%

First Base R Model Built By Date - July 13, 2015

First Base R Model By Chassis Number - F0001

First Base R Model VIN Ending In - F5520001

Last Base R Model Built By Date - April 19th, 2018

Last Base R Model By Chassis Number - JR394

Last Base R Model VIN Ending In - J5502792

Total Number Of Colors Available Over Those 4 Years - 13

Total Number Of Colors Available Over Those 4 Years But Never Ordered - 1

Most Popular Color Ordered Over Those 4 Years - YZ - Oxford White - (34)

Least Most Popular Color Ordered Over Those 4 Years - L6 - Kona Blue (2)

Color That Was Available But Was Never Ordered - NL - Orange Fury (0)

2015 Chassis Numbers - F0001, F0004, F0008, F0011, F0012, F0029

Number Of 2015 Cars Ordered With A Painted Black Roof - 0

Number Of Delete Items On These Cars - 16

Curb Weight With ~1/2 Tank Of Fuel - ~3620#

:sunglasses:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Important info! Thanks @PP0001 . Linked in the GT350 Basics sticky. I'll put it near the top in the Production Numbers section.

(Speaking of Production Numbers, still waiting for someone to post the 2019 numbers....)

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Important info! Thanks @PP0001 . Linked in the GT350 Basics sticky. I'll put it near the top in the Production Numbers section.

(Speaking of Production Numbers, still waiting for someone to post the 2019 numbers....)
Thanks for your help Jim as very much appreciated!:clap:

With respect to 2019 GT350/R numbers it is my understanding that the team at FP is getting very close to compiling and completing all of the data and of course with all of them working from home for quite some time this certainly has slowed down the process as well.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Thanks for putting all of this together.

I'm looking forward to the 2019 numbers !!

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks for putting all of this together.

I'm looking forward to the 2019 numbers !!
Your welcome and completely understand that these production numbers, facts and figures do not mean a great to many individuals as these cars are not for everyone but hope some of this will be helpful to present and future owners of these cool cars.

With the FRAP discontinuing production permanently for the 6 year run of the GT350/R's within the next 4 or 5 months it will be nice to look back at a year from now or even 5 years from now on all of these cool cars and have some sort of reference numbers and information to fall back on with this case being information complied for the 4 year production of the 2015 to 2018 Base R models.

Regarding the 2019 production numbers I received an email this morning confirming that we should have the final production numbers very soon.

:like:

Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Harry a very nice job on this list. I'm going to print it off & file away with other paper work regarding our 350. Great stuff to reference in the future. I recall seeing another list of the Base R delete items & am wondering "IF" you have the time to attach it with this thread for future reference also.

Tell us what year the "Orange Fury" was available? I'll bet many of us wish we had ordered that color to have such a rare care indeed! Thanks

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry a very nice job on this list. I'm going to print it off & file away with other paper work regarding our 350. Great stuff to reference in the future. I recall seeing another list of the Base R delete items & am wondering "IF" you have the time to attach it with this thread for future reference also.

Tell us what year the "Orange Fury" was available? I'll bet many of us wish we had ordered that color to have such a rare care indeed! Thanks
Thanks Rex and great to see you back on the forum as I realize this is a very busy time for you.

Orange Fury was available during the 2018 model with 633 R models produced for that MY of which 612 of those cars came with the Electronics Package.

Of those 612 R models that came with the Electronics Package for 2018 there were 30 R's that were ordered in Orange Fury and as we now know 0 Base R's ordered in that same color.

I don't know about you but personally I really liked the OF color and should have ordered that car with a Black roof.:facepalm:

Will compile a list of delete items that these cars come with and post them in due course.

You and Shelly stay safe and well my friend!

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Rex, here is a list of deleted items that I have compiled for the 4 year run of the 135 Base R Models in relation to the 2015 to 2018 GT350's that were also built during that same timeline.

Since you are also an enthusiast of these cars please add any additional delete items that I may have missed from the following list.

* Air Conditioning
* Radio
* Speakers
* Navigation
* Sync
* Backup Camera
* GPS Globe
* USB Ports
* Floor Mats
* Carpet/Moisture Barrier Sound Deadener
* Rear Seats
* Resonators
* Trunk Tray
* Trunk Liner
* Tire Inflator Kit
* Oil Temp and Oil Pressure Gauges

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Harry , Are the features on the steering wheel any different than the eltronics equipped cars?

Sponsored

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Harry , Are the features on the steering wheel any different than the eltronics equipped cars?
The Base R steering wheels are unique to the Base R, because of less electronic features.
Harry can elaborate if he wants to.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The Base R steering wheels are unique to the Base R, because of less electronic features.
Harry can elaborate if he wants to.
Hey Dan and Rex, thanks for you both jumping in here and this is an issue that I really never took into consideration.

Since I have owned only Base R's I have not really thought of comparing the steering wheel for one of our Base R's with an Electronics Package R model.

Dan, if you could take the lead and outline the differences in the steering wheels between these two cars that would be great and Rex thanks for bringing this to my attention as always something to learn on these cool cars.

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Hey Dan and Rex, thanks for you both jumping in here and this is an issue that I really never took into consideration.

Since I have owned only Base R's I have not really thought of comparing the steering wheel for one of our Base R's with an Electronics Package R model.

Dan, if you could take the lead and outline the differences in the steering wheels between these two cars that would be great and Rex thanks for bringing this to my attention as always something to learn on these cool cars.

Give me a few minutes and I'll take a look at the R's and report back.

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
OK. On the Base R steering wheel, no buttons on right side above the shock and steering
button cluster, because of no audio.

On the left side, no phone control button, cruise control buttons only.

I will send some pictures to Harry to post. I have the computer skills of a Texas Horned Lizard.