Sponsored

2015 To 2018 GT350 R Base Model Production Numbers, Facts & Figures

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Cruise control??? But no air conditioning, really. How far you going without a/c. Thnx PP0001 for the info.
It's not summer all year. Even in Arizona, winters are on the cool side.

Not only that, someone in Germany might have a Base R and want to set the cruise at 160 mph or so.
Sponsored

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Haha, this is true. They’re some places in Arizona you can do 160 as well.

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Haha, this is true. They’re some places in Arizona you can do 160 as well.
That's true, but this can be problematic, especially if one has a CDL, that and Arizona has a Criminal Speeding
threshold that is on the low side. If I was Governor we would have the Autobahn (maybe). This state has always been
on the warpath for speed enforcement. As for high speeds on the highways of Texas, I'll PM you a story that is not for
public consumption.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The Base R steering wheels are unique to the Base R, because of less electronic features.
Harry can elaborate if he wants to.

Dan, between the two of us old guys I suggest that we have very little or no computer skills but I do appreciate all of your help here and hope that your pictures come through okay and show the differences between the two steering wheels.

Picture #1 - Left side steering wheel for the Base R

Picture # 2 - Left side steering wheel for the Electronics Package R

Picture # 3 - Right side steering wheel for the Base R

Picture # 4 - Right side steering wheel for the Electronics Package R

:inspect:
Base R Model - Left Side Steering Wheel.JPG
R Model Left Side Steering Wheel - Electronics Package.JPG
Base R Model - Right Side Steering Wheel.JPG
R Model Steering Wheel - Right Side - Electronics Package.JPG

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Dan, between the two of us old guys I suggest that we have very little or no computer skills but I do appreciate all of your help here and hope that your pictures come through okay and show the differences between the two steering wheels.

Picture #1 - Left side steering wheel for the Base R

Picture # 2 - Left side steering wheel for the Electronics Package R

Picture # 3 - Right side steering wheel for the Base R

Picture # 4 - Right side steering wheel for the Electronics Package R

:inspect:
Base R Model - Left Side Steering Wheel.JPG
R Model Left Side Steering Wheel - Electronics Package.JPG
Base R Model - Right Side Steering Wheel.JPG
R Model Steering Wheel - Right Side - Electronics Package.JPG
Thanks for posting those Harry.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Why would anyone want a car without air conditioning or a radio?

LOL

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

LOL
Spoken like a true Base R owner as these cool cars (not so cool in an Arizona summer day) are certainly not for everyone!:like:

Having said that almost every time that I have taken someone out for a spirited ride in one of these Base R's they always seem to come back with totally different attitude and a much better appreciation for these low optioned cars and some of their spartan similarities that are somewhat reminiscent of the 36 R models from back in the day.:clap:

Over the last 5 years I can never ever remember any owner of one these cars ever complaining about not having AC or not having a radio but then again I suggest that we may be a different type of owner/enthusiast and I get all that.

:sunglasses:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I knew you'd get it Harry.....

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
If you are driving your car consistently at 80-100% of its limits, you won’t notice things like lack of AC or sounds system

Sponsored
OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
If you are driving your car consistently at 80-100% of its limits, you won’t notice things like lack of AC or sounds system
Totally agreed and to be quite honest I don't miss the lack of AC or a radio even driving my car at only 30% to 50% of its limits.

I had a number of 2012 Boss 302/LS cars and of course they all came equipped with quad exhaust and never once ever recall turning the radio/sound system on but did turn on the AC a few times in the middle of the S.C. hot summers.

Like all R's these cars come equipped with no resonators and since I always drive my cars in Track Mode I cannot imagine myself looking to turn any sound system on as the aural sound of these cars from just
4000 and all the way up to 8250 RPM is all of the music that I need.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agreed and to be quite honest I don't miss the lack of AC or a radio even driving my car at only 30% to 50% of its limits.

I had a number of 2012 Boss 302/LS cars and of course they all came equipped with quad exhaust and never once ever recall turning the radio/sound system on but did turn on the AC a few times in the middle of the S.C. hot summers.

Like all R's these cars come equipped with no resonators and since I always drive my cars in Track Mode I cannot imagine myself looking to turn any sound system on as the aural sound of these cars from just
4000 and all the way up to 8250 RPM is all of the music that I need.

My 2000 Cobra R was more like the Base Gt350r , I think it weighed 3550. , ironic ,I was so happy that my R has the electronics group but I’ve never turned on the AC and I don’t use the stereo unless I’m sitting in my garage playing music !( I do love the reverse camera though) , By the way do you know how much weight it added for my upgrade package? Base 3630 w 1/2 tank ?? And mine??

cantdrive55

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R, 96 Viper GTS
Vehicle Showcase
My 2000 Cobra R was more like the Base Gt350r , I think it weighed 3550. , ironic ,I was so happy that my R has the electronics group but I’ve never turned on the AC and I don’t use the stereo unless I’m sitting in my garage playing music !( I do love the reverse camera though) , By the way do you know how much weight it added for my upgrade package? Base 3630 w 1/2 tank ?? And mine??
Base 350R quoted curb weight is 3662 pounds, with the electronics package added is 3703 pounds, so roughly an additional 41 pounds. 10 of that is the subwoofer/enclosure.

I'd be fine without the stereo, but given that I will be using my car for cruising backroads, I wouldn't want to drive around without a/c. My Viper has a non-functioning a/c and I refuse to drive it in the summer months.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
With your R model coming with AC, radio, backup camera, Sync, 12 speakers, subwoofer in the trunk, floor mats, tire inflator kit, trunk tray, trunk liner, sound deadener, etc. I am suggesting that your car will weigh ~110# more than my Base R which came in at 3620# therefore suggest that your car may scale out at ~3730#.

Best thing to do is to go to a truck stop that has a CAT Scale as I did and then you will know for sure.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

LOL
Once the smoke clears later this year it will be very interesting to see how the total production numbers for the 4 year run (2015 to 2018) of the GT350 Base R models (135) compare to the total production numbers for the 2020 HEP R models?

I have no idea as to where the present production numbers are for the 2020 HEP R model cars are at present but suggest that they might not be too much different in total compared to the Base R model cars built.:wink:
Sponsored