Boosty15

Young Padawan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tri-Coat Yellow Manual Ecoboost Premium
My friend went and bought his 2016 WRX and within a couple days we put an intake and 3" straight pipe on it. All stock EB and to my surprise I walked him. Even when I drove his car it felt more planted in the twisties, obviously, but at every single other concept of driving a sports car his car fell behind. Not to mention our interior, which I fall deeper in love with every time I get back into my car after being in another cockpit.

Obviously both of the cars need a tune so they can wake up from their nap but I figured he would have me from a dig until mid to high 2nd gear. Ohhhh how wrong I was. That boy got chopped.:cheers:
Sponsored

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
I have a friend that lives in a different state that just got a 16 wrx. He told me he's raced a few 5.0s and won every time. He's gotta be full of it if your EB really beat him. Don't the wrx weigh around 3200 or so

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I have a friend that lives in a different state that just got a 16 wrx. He told me he's raced a few 5.0s and won every time. He's gotta be full of it if your EB really beat him. Don't the wrx weigh around 3200 or so

A stock WRX? If so stop being friends with him. They're lucky to trap 100mph stock. I've owned 4 WRXs including a 15 STI and my wife currently has a 15 WRX. The WRX needs several grand in mods to even be in the same conversation as a stock 5.0. The WRX crowd may only be topped by Honda as the most troll ridden group out there.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
I don't know anything about them so I searched and found this thread. Here's what he said in a text lol

2016 WRX. It's been protuned and has a full exhaust. Dynoed at 305 whp and 316 wtq.
It weighs 3,200 pounds. So, pound for pound it's a monster. I've spent like 4 grand in upgrades. Boost controller, fuel pump and other stuff.

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Would likely give stock or Bama Tune/Intake 5.0s a good run up to 100 or so. I'm a little less familiar with modding the FA20 as opposed to the EJ in the STI still. With turboback exhaust, intake and tune (289/302) I could pull on my friends 14 GT (Intake/Tune) up to 100 by a few cars before he would come storming back. On E85 the STI picked up another 25whp and 50ftlb.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Videos or it didn't happen.:D

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
The WRX crowd may only be topped by Honda as the most troll ridden group out there.
No doubt. I can honestly say the WRX crowd (NASIOC Fanboys) have made me hate owning my WRX and being associated with that group. I can't wait until spring to unload this thing.

The car itself is alright if you keep it relatively stock (tune it and be done) and don't expect it to be the "king of all imports". Rods are extremely weak in the FA20 and won't hold over 350ft/lb tq. Open diffs and tq vectoring leave a lot to be desired in my opinion as well.

MatthewAMEL

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE
I used to pull on WRX STi's in my Mountune Focus ST.

I can't imagine a WRX pulling on a Coyote unless the driver boned the launch.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I used to pull on WRX STi's in my Mountune Focus ST.

I can't imagine a WRX pulling on a Coyote unless the driver boned the launch.
Or if the temperature is less than ~55 F.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Haha. You're friend lies. See sig.
Sponsored