2015 Shelby GT350R in Jay Leno's Garage

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did anyone that got a 15 R pay an ADM? I figure Ford would interject since it was only for the upper echelon customers.
For the 15 vehicles we received Ford "recommended" MSRP. Obviously a dealer is a separate entity from Ford and can do as they please but the customer held the allocation so if we refused they could easily go to a dealer who would let them pay MSRP.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
For the 15 vehicles we received Ford "recommended" MSRP. Obviously a dealer is a separate entity from Ford and can do as they please but the customer held the allocation so if we refused they could easily go to a dealer who would let them pay MSRP.
Based on receiving 15 vehicles you obviously are a very well known Dearborn Ford dealership to the senior management and executive level of Ford.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As you mentioned prior to the customer choosing any particular Ford dealership for ordering and delivery of these vehicles the customer would discuss the final purchase price with the dealership of their choice prior to going forward with the transaction so there would be no surprises upon delivery.

:cheers:

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
Great video, but hope Ford will clamp down on the dealers demanding obscene ADM's for the R (or even the regular 350) so we can buy at MSRP just like Jay likely did.

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
I'm sure i'm not the only one who's watching this video over and over. :D:D

I wish it was longer.

Last edited:

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I spent the first 15 minutes astonished at how bad even Jay Leno's Mustang's panel alignment is. That hood needed some love!

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I spent the first 15 minutes astonished at how bad even Jay Leno's Mustang's panel alignment is. That hood needed some love!
I was looking at a brand new white BMW X6 tonight in the parking lot - gap city. If you look for perfect panel alignment in a production car....prepare for constant disappointment.

I think this being an American car - you've got people really searching for imperfections.

You don't want to see some of the gaps in my Porsche 911 - good thing it's black.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
"I hear the ecoboost sells well in England"

It's about 50/50 now but us first adopters went 70/30 for the V8, even with our petrol (gas) at a currently cheap $8/gallon :D

Special50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Special Edition
Wow I wish I had a Voodoo create engine!

Sponsored

Chomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Energi
just finished watching the video. jay did a great job showcasing the car. problem now is that i really really want one; especially, the 'R'. :( and, el cheapo in me not wanting to pay MSRP is killing me. :( i mean, i was even considering ADM and settling for the regular GT350 with track package.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
just finished watching the video. jay did a great job showcasing the car. problem now is that i really really want one; especially, the 'R'. :( and, el cheapo in me not wanting to pay MSRP is killing me. :( i mean, i was even considering ADM and settling for the regular GT350 with track package.
Sir, you don't want to pay even MSRP for an R? You're awarded the famed Youtube video:

[ame]

Chomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Energi
^^hah! That came out wrong. I want an 'R'. Don't think I'll ever get one so I'm settling for a bit less and hope to find one with MSRP.

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
Interesting to note he confirms the engine won't be shared with any other PLATFORM. (Not saying GT-350 model specific engine, just won't be in an other car than Mustang.)
Sponsored