Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
Yay, more totally boring all-black wheels. :doh:

I cannot wait until this fad is dead.
Not a fad, black wheels looks aesthetically better and you don't have to constantly wash them due to brake dusts.
Sponsored

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 blk with 6"BDS , 2017pp recaro Mag
Ok.. So note to self. Never ever park next to Elanor at Beach if I want any attention...after all these years that still the best ass short of the GT40 ever made!!!!!!

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Red Fire GT Shaker 1000
I happen to like it. It's different. The rear spoiler is the only thing that could have been different. I think the grille distinguishes it from all the other similar grilles.

Merle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Merle
Vehicle(s)
2014 RR V6
Not a fad, black wheels looks aesthetically better and you don't have to constantly wash them due to brake dusts.
I'm with the other BLACK WHEELS hater. If a dealer would not give me
equal priced wheels in SILVER OR CHROME. I would not buy from that
dealer. Black Wheels look like they are DIRTY BLACK.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I like the rear spoiler and grills, although I'd rather have them in black instead of silver

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
SHELBY should have been placed around the cobra logo. 3 on the left, 3 on the right

S H E (o) L B Y

SticktoClutch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sticktoclutch.com
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
Man I love that color. I don't think it looks all that bad

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
just a quick, messy photoshop of a black grille...not too bad! way better than whatever faux chrome that is

Your idea is very close to what I was thinking the first time I saw this car in that the front inserts should stay black. I don't mind the shape of the lower insert, but I think I prefer the look of the larger original fangs, though. I love the hood, like the stripes and rear end.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Shelby used to have an S197 "GT"........it was was literally a Mustang GT from Ford that went to Shelby in LV to have a number of Ford Racing goodies (rebranded as Shelby, I believe) such as lowering springs/exhaust, and then some Shelby specific body mods (different hood, spoilers etc). I believe they also had a tune, too. They were, at one time, limited to black or white paint with silver stripes.

The Shelby GT was the basis of the GT/H (just in black n silver)

They also did a Shelby GTS......which used a (S)upercharged engine.
The supercharged version of the Shelby GT was the GTSC, not to be confused with Fords own GT/CS, or California Special.
The GTS was post title upgrade package for V6 cars mostly, and for a short time, V8 cars until the return of the Shelby GT as a post title mod on the Coyote powered cars. That upgrade continues to this day.
There was also a GTC in '08, these were orange w/silver stripes as opposed to the Vista Blue w/silver stripes on all other GTs that year. The '07s came either white or black with silver striping.
The '07-'08 Shelby GT was the civilian version of the black/gold Hertz GT-H, which came as a coupe in '06 and soft top form in '07. There were 500 of each built, most were automatics although a few manual cars were made and used by Hertz execs. These few cars command stupid money when they do come up for sale.
As to the car in the photos, it probably is what we think. If you recall the '11-'14 GT-350, one thing every writer mentioned was the plethora of badging. This one seems no different. I could lose the c-pillar badging and be very happy. I'd like to see the same car with black LeMans striping, the black grille trim is certainly an improvement.

Sponsored

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
I happen to like it. It's different. The rear spoiler is the only thing that could have been different. I think the grille distinguishes it from all the other similar grilles.
No.

This is "different":

[ame]

The new Shelby can only be described as badass Shark about to go OM NOM NOM NOM NOM all over the Z/28.:ford:

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
No.

This is "different":

The new Shelby can only be described as badass Shark about to go OM NOM NOM NOM NOM all over the Z/28.:ford:

Someone lost a bet....

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 blk with 6"BDS , 2017pp recaro Mag
Ok so I've taken a week and looked at it off and on. Aside from the stuff mentioned so far, what bugs me is the shape of the hood where the cowl begins.. The new Stang in any from from base to Gt350 has lines that would cut your hand off... It might be just me but that curve at the start of the hood is just wrong
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.