Sponsored

2015 s550 Mustang Clay Design Model Shows Fastback Shape

hawkeye

I know people who have been to these blogging events, they are super secretive and warn you about cameras and photo taking. These were obviously professionally taken photos. I think Ford is trying to save face here.

NRMStand

Blogging event or not, I think these are the most interesting clay models because it so closely matches the carscoop render which apparently were shown to 2 people who have actually seen a prototype and said that was pretty dead on.

Mriley

Ok i just read somewhere else that these clay models will be used in the 50th anniversary book. That would actually make sense why there were pictures allowed and why no one else but Ford seems to know where these came from or for what purpose.

hawkeye

Ok i just read somewhere else that these clay models will be used in the 50th anniversary book. That would actually make sense why there were pictures allowed and why no one else but Ford seems to know where these came from or for what purpose.
Very interesting. And where did that info come from? The quality and style of the pics certainly makes the case for it being used somewhere official. Will be fun to revisit this thread when the car is revealed to see how close it was.

Sponsored

Ricky35

I read these pics were post but then pulled from ford's facebook page. Maybe they realized they revealed too much :)

JackHoya

Whatever the case is, we'll find out soon enough. If they are in fact working on a full fastback, they'll have to test it and the it'll get spotted. You can slap on the shell of an older body but the fastback will be unmistakable I think.

KZStang

IF we see a full fastback, there is no way they can hide that kind of design change with camo, esp since more cladding will only make it more obvious. Of course these leaks are all pretty much planned. When Ford is ready to give us all a peak, they will.

stangray11

Widen/flatten the hips, broaden the c-pillar and elongate/angle the rear end down a bit and we have a GR-1 rear look alike. Sign me up :clap2:

Melino

Err, no thanks. GR-1 is sleek in its own way, but it's too vette like and looks nothing like a mustang. And the rear looks like someone took a ginsu knife to it. I'd much prefer this flat back shown in that pic and shared by the Mach 1. It's part of the Mustang history at least.

Sponsored

Mach1

Check this out... I was poking around ford social and came across this video. What's interesting about this? 1:27 mark and after shows the design studio with clay model pics -- if you look at the lights etc. it is the same exact studio as these clay pics. What's different tho?

First, def doesnt seem to be same event -- the vid is clearly a PR event with bloggers/name tags/media all around. The designers in the pics are Ford designers IMO.

Two, no fastback model to be found. Again, think different event.

I think Ford bullshitted Jalopnik on this one if anyone cares, but just my opinion.

Oblivion/2

Hmm interesting find definitely the same studio there.. i didnt see a single mustang design in this WTH... nothing but fusion sedans. where's that fastback?

OKCfan

Check this out... I was poking around ford social and came across this video. What's interesting about this? 1:27 mark and after shows the design studio with clay model pics -- if you look at the lights etc. it is the same exact studio as these clay pics. What's different tho?

First, def doesnt seem to be same event -- the vid is clearly a PR event with bloggers/name tags/media all around. The designers in the pics are Ford designers IMO.

Two, no fastback model to be found. Again, think different event.

I think Ford bullshitted Jalopnik on this one if anyone cares, but just my opinion.

Hah love it when forum members go on a detective hunt. Good call. I don't think anyone can really doubt that the clay models are some kind of Mustang design study. There's no other car that shape in the Ford lineup.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring