Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
UPDATE: Even more clay prototype images, these are from an earlier behind-the-scenes interview with Ford CEO in 2010. This clay design study model was confirmed to be of the next gen Mustang (s550), although it may not be the final design settled upon.

02_johnny_sparks_reversion_mustang_1321204866_resize.jpg

2001-black-bullitt-mustang.jpg

UPDATE: Added composite images, based on one of the photos below. Composites contributed by reader 2b2. :clap2:

ford-evos-concept-headlight-photo-420345-s-1280x782.jpg

And a wider version.

2015 Mustang S550 Render.png

From Ford's design studio. What do you think? Like or no like? :)

I like the wide hips and the extreme fastback look, reminiscent of the Mach 1 Mustang.

2015 Mustang S550 Rear Foglights.png

2015 ford mustang.jpg

Are we possibly looking at a Mach 1 Mustang inspired shape? The C pillar/shoulder area and the rear end shape certainly seem to match.

2015-Mustang-Sketch-Fastback-Styling.jpg

2016 chevrolet camaro render.jpg

Mazda6-sedan-cruising-e1349391896969.jpg

2015mustang-sketch1.jpg

2015mustang-sketch2.jpg

And another, with what appears to be the Mustang as the 3rd clay model being worked on.

Also have a look at the poster, which shows the design language that all the new models will loosely share.

2015_MustangBoss302_Concept.jpg
new2015mustang2.jpg
2015mustang.jpg
2015mustang-s550-1.jpg
2015mustang-s550-4.jpg
2015mustang-s550-2.jpg
2015mustang-s550-3.jpg
1969march1.jpg
2015mustangs550clay.jpg
claystang1.jpg
2015mustangs550clay-wide.jpg
2015mustang2.jpg
2015mustang1.jpg
Sponsored

KZStang

Wow... this for real? If so, it looks promising! Finally a glimpse...

TradeStepan

Very interesting.

The Second gen Mustang very fastback shaped too.

NRMStand

The first pic looks like pretty close to the render that's been widely circulated

2015mustang-sketch3.jpg

The last one with the lineup is interesting.. showing what looks like the mustang at the end. It's hard to tell but it looks like the others are the stang.. not sure what else it could be really. Making me cross-eyed.
2015-Ford-Mustang-Carscoop-651-2.jpg

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
That poster in the background shows more clues... if that's the design they decide on.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club

How come I see the Lincoln star right there... Are my eyes messing with me?

groundnpounder

The first pic looks like pretty close to the render that's been widely circulated

2015mustang-sketch3.jpg

The last one with the lineup is interesting.. showing what looks like the mustang at the end. It's hard to tell but it looks like the others are the stang.. not sure what else it could be really. Making me cross-eyed.
I like what I'm seeing on the clay models.

This render is nice too. Very brawny.

polo

Threads
Reaction score
just some of the same images with different color...
user386_pic1_1364021044.jpg
user386_pic2_1364021044.jpg

Sponsored

Mach1

Damn I'm praying this is true.... I have a thing for the Mach 1 (surprise) and that first pic definitely looking like one although the front end still looks like the evos concept to me. I'd be ok with that if they work in that aggressive Mach 1 rear. Love the triple recessed tail lights.

NRMStand

Maybe it's just seeing all of these pics together, but it makes perfect sense to bring together the Mustang II design with the Evos concept if they're going for a blend of modern and retro. I'm excited to see this.

Here's a crazy/not so crazy idea.. maybe what we're seeing here is not the GT, but as a tribute to its long heritage Ford is (re)introducing the fastback as a new model just like the Mach 1 and Boss were introduced in 69. The Mach 1 was basically a fastback GT anyway and I'd love to see Ford sell them together again. Oh, and bring back the Boss.

Melino

That poster in the background shows more clues... if that's the design they decide on.
Good catch. All the same car in the poster? The 3 clay models definitely look different. Wonder if its 3 different designs for same car or a Taurus, Fiesta, Mustang.

How come I see the Lincoln star right there... Are my eyes messing with me?
Hmm I think it's just the lines from the dude molding the clay. What would it be anyway? MKS/Z? Hood looks too aggressive imo.

Prodigy

The first photo has to be the Mustang... the others i'm not as sure. Theres definitely 3 different cars going on here, just not sure which is which except for the last photo. I *think* the guy in the black sweater is working on the Stang the whole time, but can't be sure. There's also a 3 door Focus hatch in the background on one of those.

I wonder if these were leaked (deliberately)?

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
UPDATE: Added a composite image, based on one of the photos above. Image by reader 2b2.

Sponsored