Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
Suitcase makes a big difference with how "raw" the car sounds. There isn't really much difference between ROUSH 2015 retail exhaust kit and 13/14 kit - biggest change in tone is from the suitcase. The dual tip exhaust (for the ROUSH R7 body kit) is actually a different muffler as the option will exist for active exhaust with that kit. The two exhausts have different tones, but both are very desirable imo.
+1

By choosing to do an axle back only on a 2015 Mustang GT Roush is achieving that deep tone you all like. The "suit case" has a lot to do with high frequency noise cancellation similar to 2011-2014 owners keeping their factory resonators in the over axle pipes. The 2015 Mustang Roush Axle Back will yield a similar sound as the 2015 Mustang GT Ford Racing/Borla Sport Axle Back Kit IMO..
Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
+1

By choosing to do an axle back only on a 2015 Mustang GT Roush is achieving that deep tone you all like. The "suit case" has a lot to do with high frequency noise cancellation similar to 2011-2014 owners keeping their factory resonators in the over axle pipes. The 2015 Mustang Roush Axle Back will yield a similar sound as the 2015 Mustang GT Ford Racing/Borla Sport Axle Back Kit IMO..
Have you listened to any of the kits you're talking about because the 15 FRPP sounds like a raspy 6 banger. The 15 Roush also sounds different than the 14 Roush.
Considering a different exhaust maker claimed there was about 40 pounds of weight reduction wjith a catback switch, keeping the suitcase with axle backs only is borderline stupid.

I hope someone can make a catback that sounds this good because the others so far aren't doing it for me.

Also I dont think the resnators have a ton to do with it. Compare the roush axleback to the borla catback and they both sound as close as two different cars ever could.

[ame]

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
Have you listened to any of the kits you're talking about because the 15 FRPP sounds like a raspy 6 banger. The 15 Roush also sounds different than the 14 Roush.
Considering a different exhaust maker claimed there was about 40 pounds of weight reduction wjith a catback switch, keeping the suitcase with axle backs only is borderline stupid.

I hope someone can make a catback that sounds this good because the others so far aren't doing it for me.
You seem to be talking about the full FRPP cat back system. The sound clip you are referring to is possibly the sport series.

My point was that axle back versions of these kits will yield deeper exhaust tones. If that is your goal then keeping the factory mid pipe is not stupid. Not every 2015 owner will be trying to shed weight.

Sponsored

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
I have the Roush axle back on my 2011 and it sounds great. A nice deep tone and when I fire it up it causes people to take notice. Doesn't drone when cruising and sounds really aggressive when you get on it.
Thanks! That's Really good to hear! There is NOTHING worse than drone (except maybe bad drivability from a bad tune :D).

I think that the Roush quad tipped exhaust is the Nicest Looking one out there. Now I know how it sounds and it's one of the best sounding too! It might even sound a bit more different since I'd get rid of the suit case (resonator) and add an H-pipe to it too.

In the words of Charlie Sheen..........WINNING!

Thanks for posting this up! :cheers:

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I'm eagerly awaiting the Roush suspension package in addition tot he exhuast - hopefully it (+ wider meats) will eliminate the complaints Randy and MT had on the Mustangs floatiness and understeer.

benfxtx

ROUSH Knowledge Bank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of stangs
I haven't commented on any I've heard yet except this one. Either it has the best sound or they are using VERY good recording equipment as the tone is deep and authoritative but not overdone.
It was recorded with an iPhone6 :)

Thanks! That's Really good to hear! There is NOTHING worse than drone (except maybe bad drivability from a bad tune :D).

I think that the Roush quad tipped exhaust is the Nicest Looking one out there. Now I know how it sounds and it's one of the best sounding too! It might even sound a bit more different since I'd get rid of the suit case (resonator) and add an H-pipe to it too.

In the words of Charlie Sheen..........WINNING!

Thanks for posting this up! :cheers:
The quad tip exhaust is on this car in this video. It def has a different sound from the retail kit, but they are both very nice sound exhaust.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Do we have a release date for the exhaust?

Sponsored

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The only disadvantage to the suitcase is weight. The suitcase does not rob any power and is a great advantage to interior sound.

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
It was recorded with an iPhone6 :)

The quad tip exhaust is on this car in this video. It def has a different sound from the retail kit, but they are both very nice sound exhaust.

Thanks! :cheers:

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
Any idea as to when Roush will be releasing the $$'s for these? I was hoping during this time at SEMA. Anyone attending able to confirm or deny this information over at the Roush area?
Sponsored