2015 Roush Mustang Exhaust Video (GT)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Just spoke with Roush's Marketing Manager and informed me that this is their Axle-back exhaust system. The cats were not touched and the stock cats are left alone always on all of their systems.
Wonder if Roush will be doing a full cat back? That is what I want and need. No axle backs for me. I want and need more powa :)
Sponsored

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Just spoke with Roush's Marketing Manager and informed me that this is their Axle-back exhaust system. The cats were not touched and the stock cats are left alone always on all of their systems.
Umm...cat's are never touched with a cat-BACK. That's why it's called a catback lol

I am curious to know if this system truly is an Axle-back. I believe they are calling this an axle back but I do have a hard time believing this sound keeps the suitcase intact.

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
I am just anxious to know what the shops around here will charge to install this "Axle Back" AKA having to cut shit.

When I had my 2007 V6 and bought a dual conversion exhaust for like $700, a shop in my area charged me $100 for the WHOLE thing. I dont think he knew what he was getting himself into.

Sponsored

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
Umm...cat's are never touched with a cat-BACK. That's why it's called a catback lol

I am curious to know if this system truly is an Axle-back. I believe they are calling this an axle back but I do have a hard time believing this sound keeps the suitcase intact.
I know I'm just clarifying nothing was modified besides the axle-back section of the exhaust. Poor wording on my part. :lol:

benfxtx

ROUSH Knowledge Bank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of stangs
I believe you, but id like pics :) :)
yes, pics, please.

not sure how the ford racing catback sounds like shit compared to an axleback.

I REALLY don't feel like cutting my pipes. I'd much rather have a catback.

I figured someone would want a pic still. I'll try and weigh the difference too.

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
I figured someone would want a pic still. I'll try and weigh the difference too.

If the price is the typical $600 ish I am down

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, yea sounds good, especially for an axle-back. However I will be waiting to see what they offer as a catback unless of course the price is just right lol.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Ok, yea sounds good, especially for an axle-back. However I will be waiting to see what they offer as a catback unless of course the price is just right lol.
+1

This sounds really fucking good for keeping that suitcase. WTF ford (with their apparently shitty-ass mufflers).

Sponsored

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
+1

This sounds really fucking good for keeping that suitcase. WTF ford (with their apparently shitty-ass mufflers).
Im sure some aftermarket companies paid Ford some $ to put shitty mufflers on there stock :lol:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just hate that suitcase with a passion. Just a giant damn box underneath the car. Give me some good looking pipes even though I won't see them unless I'm changing the oil or have it up on a lift.

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
Damn that thing sounds MEAN!

Can't wait to see what other competitor's in the market offer. This is hands down the best sounding exhaust for the s550 yet.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
That almost sounds too good with the suitcase still on, I am determined to lose that with cat backs so hoping it doesn't jump up the raspyness (sp)

benfxtx

ROUSH Knowledge Bank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of stangs
Suitcase makes a big difference with how "raw" the car sounds. There isn't really much difference between ROUSH 2015 retail exhaust kit and 13/14 kit - biggest change in tone is from the suitcase. The dual tip exhaust (for the ROUSH R7 body kit) is actually a different muffler as the option will exist for active exhaust with that kit. The two exhausts have different tones, but both are very desirable imo.
Sponsored