2015 Premium GT bluetooth isnt working, already tried fuse/battery/master reset

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
The bluetooth in my stock touchscreen radio has stopped working entirely within the last month. I cannot connect my phone or see any nearby phones (I've tried a few). USB and FM still works fine though. Everyone else seems to have slightly different bluetooth issues or intermittent issues, and mine seems to be permanent

I've tried the power button and FF button simultaneously, tried pulling the battery for 30 minutes, tried the fuse, master reset and nothing seems to make the bluetooth work. I did a SYNC update 2 months ago from the ford website and the bluetooth worked fine for quite a while after that.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to reapply a SYNC update? Should I start replacing radio modules? Upgrade to an aftermarket or sync3?
Sponsored

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
Sorry I can't help with your exact issue...but I've never heard anything good about Sync2. So if you're thinking of upgrading...It's probably a good time to either go Sync3 or aftermarket. You'll gain features and probably sanity over trying to fix a sync2 system.

OP
OP
illadvised

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I can't help with your exact issue...but I've never heard anything good about Sync2. So if you're thinking of upgrading...It's probably a good time to either go Sync3 or aftermarket. You'll gain features and probably sanity over trying to fix a sync2 system.
Any ideas on a decent aftermarket replacement? I usually do aftermarket in other cars, but with the tied in AC controls I was hoping to avoid it and SYNC used to work well enough. Do you lose the backup camera lines that move with the steering wheel when you go aftermarket? I haven't gone with an aftermarket stereo on anything this modern tbh

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
Any ideas on a decent aftermarket replacement? I usually do aftermarket in other cars, but with the tied in AC controls I was hoping to avoid it and SYNC used to work well enough. Do you lose the backup camera lines that move with the steering wheel when you go aftermarket? I haven't gone with an aftermarket stereo on anything this modern tbh
There's quite a few different aftermarket systems...Some where you can use any 2DIN format radio with a kit. I think most if not all of those change the actual AC controls. There's also a few different android style radios. Some will replace your AC controls, and some will not.

I personally didn't want anything that messes with the stock AC controls.
I can't speak for all systems...but I'm sure most are similar with retaining stock functionality at least. The system should state if it retains the function or not.

For example, I have an older android unit - I retain stock AC controls, stock backup camera works (with the predictive lines) and steering wheel controls work (and are configurable). I also gained nav (I came from the 4" base screen) and the ability to run anything android. If you want to go android, watch what you buy...some units are much slower than others. I wouldn't recommend mine TBH, as it's an older, slower unit and only has 2GB of memory (they don't make it anymore anyway). I plan on upgrading soon to an 8GB unit.

When you go aftermarket, you'll also have to get something that matches your premium trim as your ac and mode buttons will be different than the base model.

1685029601747.png

OP
OP
illadvised

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the help, I'll start looking for aftermarket if I can't fix my radio soon. With android units, what is the startup time like? My phone takes forever to start from scratch

Sponsored

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the help, I'll start looking for aftermarket if I can't fix my radio soon. With android units, what is the startup time like? My phone takes forever to start from scratch
My cold startup time is pretty slow. Almost a minute probably. I do have it stay on for 15 minutes after shutoff in a low power mode so it starts up immediately if I'm just going into a store or pumping gas, etc.

Some newer models feature fast boot and only takes a second or so. Specs of a newer model i reached out about recently said fast and warm boot up times are 1 second and cold boot is 10 seconds. I'll find out if that holds true soon.

OP
OP
illadvised

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
I had forscan hooked up for other random things and these were the DTCs that showed up that might be relevant?

===DSP DTC U0253:00-0A===

Code: U0253 - Lost Communication With Accessory Protocol Interface Module

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: (Audio) Digital Signal Processing Module

===END DSP DTC U0253:00-0A===

===DSP DTC U0257:00-0A===
Code: U0257 - Lost Communication With Front Controls / Display Interface Module

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: (Audio) Digital Signal Processing Module

===END DSP DTC U0257:00-0A===

I am not sure what "Front controls/display interface module" is, but everything else about the radio and buttons seem to be working fine. Anyone have any new ideas?

OP
OP
illadvised

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)