Sponsored

2015 Owners-Biggest Surprises/Disappointments so far

GordieBobfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 6MT, PP, Triple Yellow
You get a spare if you don't go with Performance Package, maybe they think you want a lighter car or because you have 19" wheels and would need a 19" spare.

Either way, people who run custom wheel dimensions usually have AAA and don't use spare.

Yeah I have AMA here, canadian aaa, and not having a spare tire doesn't bother me. I can count on half of one hand the number of times I've needed a spare in the last 15 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
nevermind its 35psi, accordign to the manual at least. to make sure you have to check your door jamb sticker on the driver's side.

GordieBobfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nevermind its 35psi, accordign to the manual at least. to make sure you have to check your door jamb sticker on the driver's side.

Either way mine are definitely over, I'm assuming the manual speaks to pressure when the tire is warm?

When my tires are warm I see 40-42 PSI in the display.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
yeah def let some air out. when mine are warm they display 34-36

Sponsored

GordieBobfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah def let some air out. when mine are warm they display 34-36

Oh my god what a difference...I dropped to 34 psi warm and the ca r finally has the handling characteristics I expected.

The car seemed real jittery and unsure on some road surfaces and I just chalked it up to our roads and never even considered the tire pressure.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
yeah, some dealers forget to check that off their list before delivering the car. they are transported overfilled.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
yeah, some dealers forget to check that off their list before delivering the car. they are transported overfilled.
I've kept mine at the factory pressure because I'm worried about a degradation in fuel economy if I drop below that. Not sure if it's warranted, but who knows.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I've kept mine at the factory pressure because I'm worried about a degradation in fuel economy if I drop below that. Not sure if it's warranted, but who knows.
I aired mine down this morning and reset my mileage data. Took a drive through the country to my parents so all rural roads (with passing :) ) not exactly highway. I averaged 25.3 over the 90 mile trip.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The car definitely feels more planted and sorted at around 35-36 indicated. I think it reads 1-2 psi high.

Jimmy, how can you be worried about the minuscule drop in fuel economy when your average speed is 3 mph?

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Just checked mine and it was 39 by the computer & 37 by my pressure guage. Lowered them to 36 by computer and 34 by guage. Funny thing is mine was at 41 & 42 by computer from the factory so it's already dropped 2 to 3 lbs in only 3 weeks. Looks like I'm really going to have keep an eye on the pressures. (Another big change from the jeep I just sold)

Anyone know what the TPS alarm is set at?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I'm lazy. What's the correct psi? I wonder if this could explain the horribly bouncy ride mine has.
Cold tire pressure is on the sticker inside the driver's door jam, and might vary a bit based on what tires you have. I must have an accurate (digital) tire pressure gauge. Set them to 32 psi, and the tire monitors all read 32 psi cold after driving a couple of blocks. Tire monitors will only be accurate when the tires are rotating, so do not set tire pressure based on the tire monitors while the car is sitting in the garage.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The car definitely feels more planted and sorted at around 35-36 indicated. I think it reads 1-2 psi high.

Jimmy, how can you be worried about the minuscule drop in fuel economy when your average speed is 3 mph?
With all the traffic I don't often get the chance to have fun with spirited driving, so I have fun with hypermiling techniques instead to stay engaged while I'm driving.
Sponsored